By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - How do you find out exactly why you were banned?

RolStoppable said:
From the answers I've got so far, it seems likely that ssj12 is the only mod who has read the reports for my posts and deleted them shortly afterwards as rocketpig (in Soriku's thread as well) seemed to be clueless why I was banned. Clueless in the sense of that he assumed that I got banned for a totally different reason than for the one I actually got banned for.

Its because he doesn't want to admit that these two posts are the reason you got banned

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=81&id=15094

obviously mentioning the words Hot and Dog are disrespectful to Leo-J. (as making fun of Leo-J was the "reason" in your profile for why you were banned)

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network

I'm going to recommend that mods sign the ban reason with their name. You have to understand though that almost everyone throws a fit when they get banned even when it is well-deserved, so it's hard to take the legitimate complaints seriously after awhile.

DKII said:
I'm going to recommend that mods sign the ban reason with their name. You have to understand though that almost everyone throws a fit when they get banned even when it is well-deserved, so it's hard to take the legitimate complaints seriously after awhile.

Oh I do, and I am not trying to attack any mods here. I think it is the fact that so many people throw fits that makes it important to be able to trace the bans easily. It is also the reason I didn't just try spamming everyone with PMs. I think your solution would be a good one and thank you for helping.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Typically I'm not for questioning the mods, since this isn't a public forum that the community runs, but, when someone like Rol is banned for seemingly no reason, yet the likes of Leo-J get to run rampant (for example, he is given a 1 wk ban, yet he is unbanned within hours) that is just uncalled for, and begging for a decent explanation at least to Rol himself.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

^ That could not have been the reason you were banned, as i have seen worse posted by worse posters on this forum. If that is the reason, over half of the users here deserve to be banned.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

Exactly. I have more than 4800 posts and have never before received a warning from any mod, but two days ago I got banned instantly and nobody in the forum seems to have a clue why, except ssj12 who banned me.

Apparently I have been banned for reports on posts that are 1-2 months old. Somebody must have browsed old threads and found something he didn't like. This is what ssj12 said about the posts I have been reported for:

One was like: PS3 fans are all childish. They don't have a single bit of respect for gaming.

The other was: The PS3 is a poor excuse for gaming console.

Normally I wouldn't copypaste parts of PMs with a mod in the forum, but knowing that even the mods don't know why I have been banned, I hope this helps to speed up the process in order to get an explanation.

ah cmon, life goes on. its not that big of a deal. you got unbanned and you are back, thats great news. so everything is fine.

you didnt miss anything in any case as dtewi has been making the 200th "whos the coolest here" and the 5 millionth KH3 to wii? threads. thats all.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

DKII said:

Excellent idea. I will do that from now on so everyone can admire my handiwork.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

ioi made a mistake in making ssj12 a mod.

dang seems like hell hath no furry like kimpossible with a pout on--but i agree with ya Rol

Words Of Wisdom said:
RolStoppable said:
nordlead said:
Typically I'm not for questioning the mods, since this isn't a public forum that the community runs, but, when someone like Rol is banned for seemingly no reason, yet the likes of Leo-J get to run rampant (for example, he is given a 1 wk ban, yet he is unbanned within hours) that is just uncalled for, and begging for a decent explanation at least to Rol himself.

Exactly. I have more than 4800 posts and have never before received a warning from any mod, but two days ago I got banned instantly and nobody in the forum seems to have a clue why, except ssj12 who banned me.

Apparently I have been banned for reports on posts that are 1-2 months old. Somebody must have browsed old threads and found something he didn't like. This is what ssj12 said about the posts I have been reported for:

One was like: PS3 fans are all childish. They don't have a single bit of respect for gaming.

The other was: The PS3 is a poor excuse for gaming console.

Normally I wouldn't copypaste parts of PMs with a mod in the forum, but knowing that even the mods don't know why I have been banned, I hope this helps to speed up the process in order to get an explanation.

ioi made a mistake in making ssj12 a mod.

ssj12 is not bad, he has a DBZ/GT avatar