By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Paying double for PSN content

Feel bad for you. PSN is extremely strict though when it comes to buying stuff, whenever you buy something (other than some stuff like movies and rentals, I think), it will register as bought even if you haven't downloaded it.

Around the Network

Looks like you have to buy a Vita now.

no-problem

buy sly 4(release feb)
buy the ps3 version(cross buy).When buying the ps3 version you will get the sly4 vita version(as download)for free.

now you have paid once and got the game 2 times=compensation.
(but still no vita)

mjo011 said:

Today I tried to download Sine Mora through PSN. I added sufficient funds and paid for it, but when I pressed download it was finished "dowloading" the very same second. Wow that was fast I thought, because my internet connection is really slow. I looked for the game at the main menu, and it was nowhere to be found.

So I thought I might not have done it correctly, and added the funds to buy it again. This time it worked. Remembering that I paid double price for Tetris some months ago (it happened the same way), I checked account management. It says that I paid  £8 two times today and only received this one product.

Have this been happening to other VGChartz users as well? If I wanted to give money away I would give it to something other than to Sony.

You didn't pay double for the same content. You got the Vita and PS3 version. If you're unsure go check your DL history. You can't buy the same product twice, its impossible even if you got it for free through PS+

Now you have no choice, you have to buy a Vita! :) Read about the new Vita ambassador program, get a Vita owner to recomend you and you'll get $20 back, so you won't lose the money you've spent on the game ;)

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Around the Network

Contact Sony, if you explain you don't even own a vita they refund it and throw you some store credit.

I mean, maybe not since Sony's customer service isn't known for it's service, but it doesn't hurt right?

Turkish said:
mjo011 said:

Today I tried to download Sine Mora through PSN. I added sufficient funds and paid for it, but when I pressed download it was finished "dowloading" the very same second. Wow that was fast I thought, because my internet connection is really slow. I looked for the game at the main menu, and it was nowhere to be found.

So I thought I might not have done it correctly, and added the funds to buy it again. This time it worked. Remembering that I paid double price for Tetris some months ago (it happened the same way), I checked account management. It says that I paid  £8 two times today and only received this one product.

Have this been happening to other VGChartz users as well? If I wanted to give money away I would give it to something other than to Sony.

You didn't pay double for the same content. You got the Vita and PS3 version. If you're unsure go check your DL history. You can't buy the same product twice, its impossible even if you got it for free through PS+

Well I once could buy Sly 1 for a second time. Somehow the game vanished from my download history (I only noticed it when I wanted to redownload it after changing my PS3 HDD, and somehow the shop now wanted 5€ from me). But I could find an entry in my transaction history (got the copy for 0.00€ because of PS+, but the entry was there). Sent an email to Sony and a few days later the game reappeared on the top of my download history.

So it's not impossible to buy the same game twice, but very unlikely.

Yeah, they might refund you if you call them. You don't have a registered Vita so they will probably be cool about it.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

badgenome said:
mjo011 said:
And I don't even own a Vita. I'm not very smart apparently.

I do own a Vita, so you're apparently smarter than I am.

Made me laugh :)

What is up with everyone advertising the Vita $20 PSN program? You people are horrible!

I think Sony wants people to make your mistake. Now you have even more reasons to buy a vita.