By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Digital Foundry - GoW Ascension "Best looking PS3 game"

Digital Foundry cuts into what may be the best looking PS3 game to date.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-tech-analysis-god-of-war-ascension-demo

"Building on the stunning God of War 3, Sony Santa Monica's new prequel looks set to extract even more performance from the PS3 hardware."

Dont think there was a lot of doubt to begin with (atleast after the new demo and teaser), hype! Considering Drake had the seat in 09 then went on to Kratos in 10, and then back to Drake in 11, I think it'd be nice to have Kratos have it back in 13 XD. Fierce competition though with TLOU, Beyond etc.

Around the Network

It certainly has the best textures and lighting effects Ive seen from a console game, how is this even possible with 2006 hardware.

Turkish said:
It certainly has the best textures and lighting effects Ive seen from a console game, how is this even possible with 2006 hardware.

Maybe textures but the lighting isn't really that special.

GoW3 and KZ3 still impress me more than anything else on the system so not even considering they might be wrong in stating this.

4 ≈ One

pezus said:
LilChicken22 said:
Turkish said:

Maybe textures but the lighting isn't really that special.

Around the Network

@pezus: Maybe LilChicken22 was talking about the environment textures?

Clearly Digital Foundry has never played Flower.

Im so hyped for this game.

Bet with ninjablade:

Ninjablade wins if the next 5 multiplat on the wii u are inferior to the 360 version.

I win if one of the 5 mulitplats are on par or superior on the Wii U.

pezus said:
Nsanity said:
@pezus: Maybe LilChicken22 was talking about the environment textures?

No, he said "maybe textures [are the best] but the lighting isn't anything special". I was showing him some nice pics of the awesome lighting.

Textures especially on the characters are the best and also the lighting only on the characters. The textures and lighting of the environment are rushed as Nsanity shows.

The antialiasing looks phenomenal for a PS3 game.