By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Digital Foundry - GoW Ascension "Best looking PS3 game"

LilChicken22 said:
Turkish said:
It certainly has the best textures and lighting effects Ive seen from a console game, how is this even possible with 2006 hardware.

Maybe textures but the lighting isn't really that special.

Around the Network

God of War 3 was the only game this gen that actually made me go "oh wow" when the gameplay.

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

does the article have any spoilers?

pezus said:
LilChicken22 said:
Turkish said:
It certainly has the best textures and lighting effects Ive seen from a console game, how is this even possible with 2006 hardware.

Like he said, nothing special. But perhaps I've been too spoiled with PC graphics.

Baron said:
pezus said:
LilChicken22 said:
Turkish said:

Like he said, nothing special. But perhaps I've been too spoiled with PC graphics.

You're forgetting this is on a 2006 console, so it is something special.

Around the Network
riderz13371 said:
Baron said:
pezus said:
LilChicken22 said:
Turkish said:

There's no big difference between GoW3 and this so no, it's not something special. Just the logical evolution of a game engine. I understand you want to make it look like some Next Gen game that's only possible on PS3 right now but it's not. It looks great but if someone had asked me if the 2nd screen was a PS3 or a PS4 game without providing any information I would have said PS3 without a doubt.

It looks great but I'm disappointed by the framerate in comparison to GoW3.

Not surprised, after i saw the E3 gameplay it got the stamp of approval for the best console graphics ever.

Baron said:
riderz13371 said:
Baron said:
pezus said:
LilChicken22 said:
Turkish said:

There's no big difference between GoW3 and this so no, it's not something special. Just the logical evolution of a game engine. I understand you want to make it look like some Next Gen game that's only possible on PS3 right now but it's not. It looks great but if someone had asked me if the 2nd screen was a PS3 or a PS4 game without providing any information I would have said PS3 without a doubt.

This is early footage/screens of the game I'm pretty sure. We all know how big of a difference the E3 build of GOW III was in comparison to it's final build. Wait for the game to come out before you say it's not something special. Also I never said this is supposed to look like next gen. The second screen looks like a PS3 game because...well...it is a PS3 game.

riderz13371 said:
Baron said:

This is early footage/screens of the game I'm pretty sure. We all know how big of a difference the E3 build of GOW III was in comparison to it's final build. Wait for the game to come out before you say it's not something special. Also I never said this is supposed to look like next gen. The second screen looks like a PS3 game because...well...it is a PS3 game.