By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 install base to overtake 360 in EU on Summer of 07'

elendar said:
rukusa said:
elendar said:
Ahhh so thats when Sony Domination starts. Thanks

Nobody said anything about "Domination" throw that spinning shit somewhere else ;), good, thanks.

Ahh good Rukusa has it been officially put away for perhaps next generation?

QFT! 

PS3 fanboys have been laughed at so many times for claiming "PS3 domination will start XX/XX/XX" that they now cringe whenever the word "domination" is mentioned.

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network

As soon as the dry season ends it will escalate to 30-40k per week. When mgs4 hits it will get a monthly spike of about 120-150k weekly. Should be more than enough to cover it. I'll bite my shorts off if it doesnt...

• PS3 will reach X360 at 23M, and will pass his WW LTD sales in May 2009
  • MSTF annouces new console in August 2009
  • By this time Wii will have 50% of home consoles market

it has a shot but i think it will happen in the end of the year

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

not only is it catching up (soon to pass) in Europe, its extending its lead greatly in Japan (over 360).
It seems when the America + Europe numbers come up the 360 leads, but when you throw in Japan numbers, the PS3 wins the week.

^it mostly wins in the holidays but in slow periods theyre deadlocked

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

I say the end of 2008 seems more reasonable, but the ps3 has shown some suprises before, like when it outsold the xbox 360 in world wide totals during the holidays.

Noone expected that.

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

gebx said:
elendar said:
rukusa said:
elendar said:

Nobody said anything about "Domination" throw that spinning shit somewhere else ;), good, thanks.

QFT! 

PS3 fanboys have been laughed at so many times for claiming "PS3 domination will start XX/XX/XX" that they now cringe whenever the word "domination" is mentioned.

or how about sony fans are tired of being the ones accused of always saying that..... seems to me everyone else says it except sony fans.. good to see you actually accept filth like that... SIke

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

URNotE said:
gebx said:
elendar said:
rukusa said:
elendar said:

QFT!

PS3 fanboys have been laughed at so many times for claiming "PS3 domination will start XX/XX/XX" that they now cringe whenever the word "domination" is mentioned.

or how about sony fans are tired of being the ones accused of always saying that..... seems to me everyone else says it except sony fans.. good to see you actually accept filth like that... SIke

Very true.  I haven't heard any PS3 fans saying the "domination starts...xx/xx/xx" in a long time. 

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Jandre002 said:
elendar said:
outlawauron said:
@ elendar

No. No one said that. No one has ever used that term. Ever. Coined by many to generalize and undermine a group of people.

P.S. How's those Call of Duty 4 sales for PS3? Huh?

While many people may not use that specific term it does represent a wide spread belief by Sony fans and people in general that this generation will be similar to last in terms of market share. In essence, last generation the PS2 dominated with a massive market share. Some people expect in the end for the ps3 to match that market domination. Thats how you get sonydomination. Will it happen? I doubt it but the belief and hope is alive in many people. As to CoD4 sales for ps3 I haven't looked recently but as long as they are below the 360s all is right in the world. =)

Wow another 360 fan trying to use the sales crap. Funny. It was OUT A YEAR LONGER, but still....

If you remove Japan (which doesnt like COD4, as you can see) the attach rate of COD4 is actually over 26% on the PS3. I havent looked, but I'd say thats higher than the 360 right?

As far as Assassins Creed, I know thats higher on the PS3 as well, but I didnt feel like doing the math for that one.

How convenient that you leave out JP sales of COD4 for the PS3. The 3.8% attach rate is pretty bad compared to the 9.3% attach rate for the 360. 70K sales on the PS3 vs. 52K sales on the 360, although there are 3X as many PS3s than 360s in Japan.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

smbu2000 said:
Jandre002 said:
elendar said:
outlawauron said:
@ elendar

No. No one said that. No one has ever used that term. Ever. Coined by many to generalize and undermine a group of people.

P.S. How's those Call of Duty 4 sales for PS3? Huh?

While many people may not use that specific term it does represent a wide spread belief by Sony fans and people in general that this generation will be similar to last in terms of market share. In essence, last generation the PS2 dominated with a massive market share. Some people expect in the end for the ps3 to match that market domination. Thats how you get sonydomination. Will it happen? I doubt it but the belief and hope is alive in many people. As to CoD4 sales for ps3 I haven't looked recently but as long as they are below the 360s all is right in the world. =)

Wow another 360 fan trying to use the sales crap. Funny. It was OUT A YEAR LONGER, but still....

If you remove Japan (which doesnt like COD4, as you can see) the attach rate of COD4 is actually over 26% on the PS3. I havent looked, but I'd say thats higher than the 360 right?

As far as Assassins Creed, I know thats higher on the PS3 as well, but I didnt feel like doing the math for that one.

How convenient that you leave out JP sales of COD4 for the PS3. The 3.8% attach rate is pretty bad compared to the 9.3% attach rate for the 360. 70K sales on the PS3 vs. 52K sales on the 360, although there are 3X as many PS3s than 360s in Japan.

What's more amusing, is if you ignore the Japan sales for the 360, it has a higher (albeit 0.5%) attach rate than the PS3 in other regions for COD4 too. Including the sales in Japan, the 360 is just below 26% and the PS3 is just below 22%