Forums - Sony Discussion - Are you spending more or less money with PS Plus

Has your spending habit changed with PS Plus

I am spending more due to sales 34 42.50%

I am spending less due to free games 32 40.00%

My purchasing habit has not changed 14 17.50%

Total:80

Obviously the average is more, or they would have discontinued PS+

Around the Network

I voted for the 3rd, so it depends if the discounts on what I would have bought anyway add up to what ps+ costs.
The ps+ subscription is for the free games I don't want to spend money on, but still want to try.

It's a combination of 1 and 2 for me. The amount of free games you get for $50/year is great, especially if like me you own a Vita so get free games for that also. Then there's the added benefit of discounts, I just spent $27 for 6 games on the 13 for 13 special, for games that I wouldn't have bought otherwise. But i'm happy with that, that's why I bought the game systems, to play games! If your asking to help decide whether to sign up, I'd say hell yes. If you have a Vita also, then double hell yes.

Yah i have a Vita, i believe it was best 50 dollar i have spend, it probably comes out to be less than 2-3 dollar per games with vita

More. Those bastards have me hooked

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

More. I find my self buyin games just because they're cheap. Pure impulse purchases. Like Unfinish Swan and J&D this wk. Bought them just because they're cheap nothing else. They werent even in my radar!!.. I still dont even know if I really wanted thm (havent played thm).... wait, i think i have a problem...

Spending more, definitely. On top of the $50 subscription, I keep seeing those "too good to miss" deals.

75% discounts for Plus members, 0,99 for Gameloft games, $1 for Sega Classics, that stuff... it adds up, I end up spending a lot more, not to mention DLC for the games I get for free.

I still love the service though. I get way more games for much less money. Unfortunately I don't even have the time to play - I buy games at a faster rate than I play them, I have a huge backlog on both PS3 and PS Vita.

hard to say really. i've only run into a few games (uncharted vita) that i would have payed for but didn't because i got it for free. but i think i may have postponed games (ni no kuni) i may have gotten day 1 but now i'm willing to wait due to backlog.

on the converse some things have made me dump more money in. walking dead seasons 1 and 2 prompted me to get the season pass. i certainly wouldn't have gotten earthworm jim HD, mechariaum if it hadn't been for ps+ discounts.

i must say i've gotten more selective in my game's play. if it sucks i'm quick to ditch it as i have so many other games to play.

I really only use the instant game collection, not the discounts. It has saved me a ton. The games they put on there are usually quality games, too (especially on the vita)!

I make videos that are sometimes funny I think?

Check out my Youtube gaming channel here!

kolbykooz said:
I really only use the instant game collection, not the discounts. It has saved me a ton. The games they put on there are usually quality games, too (especially on the vita)!

I didn't like the recent Chronovolt though, but I did end up getting full trophies for Mutant Blob, great game, full trophied, and deleted. Now working on all the characeters for FFT.