By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Thinking of buying Star Wars: Rogue Leader on Gamecube to play on Wii

I never played this game, but always wanted to.  Now that factor5 is working on title for Wii, talk has come up on this game more and more.  I have thought about buying it now just to see how good it was.  I know that they made it for support to 480p, but is it going to look as good on my 32" LCD as my other Wii titles.  I guess I am asking if it supports widescreen or is it going to look stretched.  I know that Lego star wars for the gamecube supported widescreen and 480p and looked really good on my LCD.  Also, what other games should I look at for Gamecube that were AAA titles that would be worth a buy. 

My Tag: 2 Timothy 3:1

Jesus Christ is the ONLY way to Heaven! (John14:6)

Every second 2 people die . . . What if this is your second? 

www.goodpersontest.com

Around the Network

Hey, RS is definetely a great game. I haven't tried that particular one on my Wii yet, but did Re0, REmake, BG&E and Eternal Darkness.

I use a component cable on quite a big LCD screen (sorry don't know the exact size) and I play all my games on widescreen, also if they don't support it. I never have any problem with stretching and I like them more in widescreen mode than 4:3. The connection does have a lot of effect though.
GameCube games tend to have different quality due to the composite cable. RE looked a lot better than the scart, but Etrenal Darkness a lot worse (jaggies).

Also my VC games tend to mess up when I use the composite cable. Does anyone else have this problem?

Good GC games: Metroid, Zelda:WindWaker, REmake, Beyond Good and Evil, Eternal Darkness, Tales of Symphonia, Skies of Arcadia, Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance.

Rogue Leader was $9.00 3 years ago! Buy it and don't look back. It's pretty challenging, and a lot of fun. If you have a friend, I recommend Rebel Strike. It's got the Entire Rogue Leader campaign, except it's two player split screen. The main game is marred by lackluster on-foot missions, though.

This game is very good in italy the priece is 5,99€

kazadoom said:

I never played this game, but always wanted to. Now that factor5 is working on title for Wii, talk has come up on this game more and more. I have thought about buying it now just to see how good it was. I know that they made it for support to 480p, but is it going to look as good on my 32" LCD as my other Wii titles. I guess I am asking if it supports widescreen or is it going to look stretched. I know that Lego star wars for the gamecube supported widescreen and 480p and looked really good on my LCD. Also, what other games should I look at for Gamecube that were AAA titles that would be worth a buy.

You should get Rogue Squadron: Rogue Leader III.

This version has almost all the missions of part II (but in co-op mode)... And features brand-new missions (some parts are on the ground and they suck, Lair style, but the rest is good)...

And ye, get the game! Looks great! Supports Widescreen (16:9), 480p, Dolby Pro-Logic II etc...

But the 480p won't help you out because there aren't many Component cables for Gamecube around these days... Maybe if you put it in your Wii...  (If u have one)...

For other great (3rd-party) Gamecube games:

- Viewtiful Joe 1 and 2 / Capcom.

- Beyond Good and Evil / Ubisoft.

- Resident evil 0 and 1 / Capcom.

- Timesplitters 2 and Future Perfect / Free Radical (ex-rare).

- Eternal Darkness (in collaboration with Nintendo) / Silicon Knights!

- Second Sight / Free Radical. 

THE NETHERLANDS

Around the Network

It's one of the best GC games, definitely. You should be able to find it for $5 too.

Just put your set into 4:3 mode when you play/watch 4:3 content, simple. You'd have to leave those bars up for days to make them burn in or anything. I guess some people inexplicably don't care, but it looks pretty messed up to stretch.

Eternal Darkness is top top tier too, and also a cheapie.

FYI Eternal Darkness probably has more jaggies than other games because it was supposed to be an N64 game, and wound up coming out for the Cube. So it really is 2 gens back.

However, the game is GREAT, looks great on non-HDTV's, and the slight jaggies can easily be overlooked on an HDTV once you see how truly brilliant this game is. Eternal Darkness is truly one of the best GC games.

Rogue Squadron is also one of the best of the Cube, as is Viewtiful Joe.

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709

Definitely get Rogue Squadron II. It's one of my very favorite games, ever. If you get RSIII, you will only be able to play the RSII portion in co-op mode, not in single player. The single player is much better in RSII in my opinion. Still, RSIII has some good flight stages, and as everyone said, most of the other type of missions were not so hot. I did enjoy the AT-ST stage though.

Some other good third party GC games(you should know the first party ones)...

REmake
RE0
Viewtiful Joe/Viewtiful Joe 2
Killer 7(though it's not for everyone)
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
Soul Calibur II
Tales of Symphonia
Skies of Arcadia
Super Monkey Ball/Super Monkey Ball 2
Eternal Darkness(was a second party effort)
F-Zero(made by Sega)
Pikmin/Pikmin 2(Nintendo games, but often over-looked)

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."