By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who has a HD Console but no HDTV?

I thought this was a good question. I apologize in advance if this has been covered before.

How many people (yourself or someone you know) own HD Consoles (PS3 or XB360), but don't have and HDTV?

I got my HDTV before even thinking of purchasing a console.

Just wanted to see what the general consensus is. 

My friends cousin has an XB360 with no HDTV he uses composite connectors through a VCR to play. 

Now Playing: Crysis 2

Last Finished: BulletStorm

Online IDs: PSN: computermaximus, XBL: computermaximus

Around the Network

I have had a 360 since launch using a standard tube set.

I'm not a fanboy, I just try to tip the balance in favor of logic and common sense.

I have a ps3, but play it on a 26" standard tv.

360 with no hd---but i amd getting a 19 inch hdtv for the bedroom where its hooked up--thanks Verizon

i play my wii and my PC on my HDTV :P May get an HD console in the future for it... but only time will tell!

Around the Network

I have my PS3 in my bedroom, so it's hooked up to a 19 inch 1080I Samsung. I don't classify that as HD

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
kingofwale said:
I have my PS3 in my bedroom, so it's hooked up to a 19 inch 1080I Samsung. I don't classify that as HD

That is as HD as broadcast HDTV, the XBox 360 and the PS3 are ...

All my consoles are hooked up on a HDTV.
My friends without a HDTV all own a HDTV console.
And the ones with a HDTV have a Wii only.

Yes, I do live in a freaky world.

SSBB: 1977-0005-2980 (JOEY) MKWii: 4382-2877-5902 (Joeykanga)
Wii:4027-0084-9432-1532             PM me if you add me.
Tag courtesy of fkusumot: Joeykanga - "Just post something once, don't ruin the thread"

360; standart TV

I have my 360 and Wii hooked up to an SDTV. I also have my 360 hooked up to my 1080i projector (I love that thing!) and a 22" LCD with the vga cable.