By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Jack Tretton backs up Kaz's comments.

Dodece said:

Recently on these forums there has been some what of a debate about exactly what Kaz Harai meant when he said "Why go first, when your competitors can look at your specifications and come up with something better?". Many Sony supporters on these forums downplayed these comments to mean that Sony only intended to announce later, and in my opinion that explanation doesn't match the comment at all. The more rational explanation being that Sony actually intends to launch their console a good deal later then Microsoft, and we aren't talking about a couple months. Meaning that if Microsoft is launching this year Sony isn't going to match Microsoft this year, and will instead probably launch next year.

Unfortunately as far as popular opinion is concerned we have something of a deadlock. If only we had a way to break this deadlock. Perhaps someone that could in thier own small way clarify those remarks. Wait we do have somebody like that in the form of a gentlement named Jack Tretton. Who had this to say on the subject."I think, if you look back at history we’ve never been first, we’ve never been cheapest, it’s about being best. And I think if you can build a better machine and it’s gonna come out a little bit later, that’s better than rushing something to market that’s gonna run out of gas for the long term. I think, ideally, in a perfect world, you want the best machine that ships first, that’s the cheapest. But the number one goal is to have the best machine, and that’s what we’re always focused on.".

I understand that a lot of people like to twist meanings to serve their own ends. You can paste rumors all over these forums as much as you like, and they will be both wrong and premature. Just as the slew of rumors pasted on these forums last year were indeed wrong and premature. It is plain as day that the PS4 isn't going to be coming to market this year. Feel free to speculate when it will arrive next year. That would at least match the reality of what Sony is saying, and to be frank Sony isn't sending mixed signals. You are just not wanting to hear what they have to say.

So the PS4 is going to come out next year, and will probably be better for the delay. That isn't going to kill you guys. Well maybe bore you to death while you wait, but it isn't like you haven't already had to play the waiting game in the recent past. Can we stop with the bullshit rumors now pretty please, and talk about things that actually have a chance of happening this year.

I very much agree.

Jack said NO PS4 YET.....And now, for all intents and purpose, KAZ is saying NO PS4 YET.

Wishing and wanting and insisting a PS4 is coming in 2013 is really Hopes & Dreams at this point.

Around the Network
kitler53 said:
sales2099 said:
JoeTheBro said:
Jack said this a long time ago. June 5, 2012. Your title is very misleading and your article is full of holes.

Less then a year ago. Unless your suggesting that Sony has completely revamped their business model in that time period? Kazs more recent comment seems to solidify Jacks comment.

which is obvious PR speak around the then recent wiiU announcments...   if you're seriously hang your entire argument around PR statements then allow me to remind you of the several "there will be no price cut" statments made weeks before a price cut.

No! What he said was: "We have no plans for a price cut at this time" and whispering he added: "The plans are for next week"

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

This is like microsoft claiming that windows 8 is selling well.... NEXT!

Get ready, Dodece!