By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - It Appear that JL was right after all...

@ parokki

I didn't direct that at anyone, but if you felt offended by that, then maybe it hit close to home.

That was directed at all people, who are the ones complaining about the discrepencies with NPD every month this comes out, same for the people who are bitching and moaning when Media-Create numbers come out, etc. But like I said, if anyone felt offended at that, then maybe it hit too close to home for you.

Around the Network

The impressiv thing is that he made the prediction so much earlier there were someone that made just as early as him but were more off and many adjusted their predictions many times.

Think twice before helping a friend in need.

DMeisterJ said:
@ parokki

I didn't direct that at anyone, but if you felt offended by that, then maybe it hit close to home.

That was directed at all people, who are the ones complaining about the discrepencies with NPD every month this comes out, same for the people who are bitching and moaning when Media-Create numbers come out, etc. But like I said, if anyone felt offended at that, then maybe it hit too close to home for you.

You are obviously a child and that was the most direct comment I have ever seen attempted to be passed off as not so.

He said the numbers weren't 100% accurate, you said this is the first time you have seen people say VG chartz numbers aren't accurate (though you should check your fellow sony felaciator's whining about PS3/Wii undertracking/overtracking)

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X
mike_intellivision said:
Well, I have always felt that the Wii has been undertracked because it sells at Wal-Mart and Toys R Us -- especially at Wal-Mart. Neither of them is in the NPD data for US/CAN.

So maybe the NPD data is the real problem.

Just a thought. 8*>

Mike from Morgantown

It is better to be approximately right than precisely wrong. VGChartz is generally approximately right. Too often I fear, the official NPD data is exactly wrong.

I think the big error came from Toys R Us for NPD. They are favored by Nintendo and since suppies were better than last year I thinnk they really got the proceeds. Plus I don't think anyone was moving Wii software like they were. And they got rewarded. Once ioi masters the holiday software volume and dynamics we can just leave NPD on the sidelines.

Congrats to John Lucas. Yes it is all within the margin of error, but no one was blathering about that when he made the prediction. Most people put their estimates millions lower with a huge window, and even in mid december most were still holding to about 19 million. So I give this one to him. 

Final* Word on Game Delays:

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt

I think John Lucas is correct in the 20 million estimation. He doesn't really say whether its sales to retailers or sales to end users, right?

Around the Network

Well, he did have a 4 million sales range with 20 million being the very lowest. But still, he was closer than any other prediction I have seen...

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

OMG!
JL can never go wrong.
Except for that Wii Fit prediction.......

SSBB: 1977-0005-2980 (JOEY) MKWii: 4382-2877-5902 (Joeykanga)
Wii:4027-0084-9432-1532             PM me if you add me.
Tag courtesy of fkusumot: Joeykanga - "Just post something once, don't ruin the thread"
tokilamockingbrd said:
Umm... no the Nintendo just announce they shipped over 20 million by dec 31, ioi already stated he was READJUSTING Wii number above what NDP had... read the article and comments DMeister

Yes, shipped. JL said 20 million sold at the very least. Will people stop pretending he's right all the time? One of his predictions came true (Wii will sell well) and people go bonkers over it... Sad if you ask me, there are plenty of other users more deserving of awe than him!

^ Sadly, you are correct. One prediction and he's the new Ms. Cleo.

Mummelmann said:
tokilamockingbrd said:
Umm... no the Nintendo just announce they shipped over 20 million by dec 31, ioi already stated he was READJUSTING Wii number above what NDP had... read the article and comments DMeister

Yes, shipped. JL said 20 million sold at the very least. Will people stop pretending he's right all the time? One of his predictions came true (Wii will sell well) and people go bonkers over it... Sad if you ask me, there are plenty of other users more deserving of awe than him!

I'm not saying you are wrong, but this is what happens when someone makes a prediction that almost everyone thought would be way off (and he probably got criticized and more than likely insulted for)  and turned out to be right.