By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resident Evil: Revelations hitting PC, PS3, Wii U and Xbox 360 in May

VGKing said:
I wonder how the Wii U version would sell. Those who own the 3DS version have no reason to own the Wii U version. This is looking a lot like the PS3/Vita port situation. Hopefully it doesn't become the norm.

Let's look at the numbers, about 600,000 copies sold on the 3DS.  The overlap between people who bought the 3DS, RE:R & the Wii U might be 50%.  That would be 300,000 people or 10% of the Wii U's 3 million console install base (by the time the game releases).  Many Wii U owners will eat this up as it's the first real Resident Evil on a Nintendo home console since RE4 & there aren't many other games with the same audience in mind crowding this game on the Wii U's release schedual (if any).

The PS360 have been flooded with substandard Resident Evil games over the last year and the brand has been weakened on those consoles.

Around the Network
VGKing said:
I wonder why no Vita version? Maybe Sony has some policy of Cross-Platform save policy with PS3/Vita titles that made them decide its not worth the effort.

Well I presume it came to consoles because the 3DS version didn't do very well. So why put it on another handheld platform where it'll likely not do well?

Maybe it'll eventually be ported when the Vita gets a respectable userbase.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

cyberninja45 said:

lol

I remember when the 3DS version came out and some people were like " I'm gonna wait for the inevitable Vita version because Capcom love money."

Now it's being ported to everything except Vita. >_<

chris_wing said:
VGKing said:
I wonder how the Wii U version would sell. Those who own the 3DS version have no reason to own the Wii U version. This is looking a lot like the PS3/Vita port situation. Hopefully it doesn't become the norm.

Let's look at the numbers, about 600,000 copies sold on the 3DS.  The overlap between people who bought the 3DS, RE:R & the Wii U might be 50%.  That would be 300,000 people or 10% of the Wii U's 3 million console install base (by the time the game releases).  Many Wii U owners will eat this up as it's the first real Resident Evil on a Nintendo home console since RE4 & there aren't many other games with the same audience in mind crowding this game on the Wii U's release schedual (if any).

The PS360 have been flooded with substandard Resident Evil games over the last year and the brand has been weakened on those consoles.

You have it all wrong. Resident Evil games have a much higher fanbase on PS3/360 therefore the game will sell more. It won't sell anywhere near the mainline games though. The market for a Resident Evil game isn't very big right now on Wii U. All we can look at is Zombi U and that sold 300k. I expect Resident Evil to sell much less.

Mr Puggsly said:
VGKing said:
I wonder why no Vita version? Maybe Sony has some policy of Cross-Platform save policy with PS3/Vita titles that made them decide its not worth the effort.

Well I presume it came to consoles because the 3DS version didn't do very well. So why put it on another handheld platform where it'll likely not do well?

Maybe it'll eventually be ported when the Vita gets a respectable userbase.

If anything the potential for a Vita version to sell is much higher than that of the 3DS even with the much lower install base. 

Around the Network
chris_wing said:
VGKing said:

And you have the PS Vita being the only platform where gamers are actually waiting for this game, if only to get a better version than the 3DS to prove a point.

I can easily see the sales on Vita being better than on the 3DS LT considering how AC, CoD and Persona are selling, should it remain a handheld exclusive. Releasing the game everywhere changer the situation, but I think that 400-500k in a years time is a given and let's face it, the port to Vita will cost way, way less. I'm pissed at them, I really am. I am also sure the Vita port would sell better than the Wii U port.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

osed125 said:

I was planning to get this game on the 3DS but now I will get it on the Wii U...maybe PC, I don't know :p

Either way very good news for console owners, from what I heard this is the best RE game in a long time so it's nice they can play the game.

Also why no Vita version?

yea that is odd, that offically makes it the only system to not have the game. I'm not a doom and gloom kinda person, but, wow, no vita love

Snagging the Wii U version, I never got the game on 3DS because I can't play that damn thing longer than 15 minutes without hand cramps. I'm going to get an XL model...eventually

thats great news i like the RE franshise and played all the main ones on consoles i would of defiantly missed out on this if it stayed on ds,  judging by those who played it say its good

to those who hated re5 and 6 aswell as capcom should go and purchase this if they want any hope of re7 going back to survival horror, as to me it looks like this current move is to test out the direction of re7 since capcom wasnt satisfied with re6 sales

Play Me

I'll probably buy this again. Best RE to come out in years.