By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

oh yeah. the fire is still burning. :D yay

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Around the Network

My conclusion to this thread, Kwaad, ppl are trying to convert him to Nintendo fanboy. Hus, wannabe Kwaad. /duck

Kwaad said:
robjoh said:
Hus said:
kaw dude. Wii is a joke, it wont affect the PS3 games. wii owners are casuals or nin kiddy fan boys, 3rd party games on the wii will be sales failures. top devs have already chosen and wii is not their choice, they are much better off making a PS3/360 game.

Red Steel and Rayman has been a succes, so why couldn't other games be?

And both those games SUCK.

Well One SUCKS, and the other left a bad taste in my mouth after beating the game with gold on everything. (top that you wii-atics) 

that's your opinion.  most people i know loved rayman or will be getting it as soon as they get their hands on a wii from a store.  btw, all over 25.  i dont even know how you guys define kid games.  but the truth is, nowadays there are millions and millions of casual gamers and not so many hardcore gamers.  if you classify it that way, the results are clear what will happen to the sales figure.

Currently loving my Wii x2, Xbox 360 Pro & Xbox 360 Arcade, and Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children Limited "Cloud Black" 160GB PS3

GAMEFLY & GOOZEX FTW

did I ever mention I almost burnt down a house when i was a kid, because I loved fire so much?

Kwaad said:
did I ever mention I almost burnt down a house when i was a kid, because I loved fire so much?

this is in relation to..?

Currently loving my Wii x2, Xbox 360 Pro & Xbox 360 Arcade, and Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children Limited "Cloud Black" 160GB PS3

GAMEFLY & GOOZEX FTW

Around the Network
reverie said:
Consider that Nintendo won't release all of these games within 12 months and the whole thread is pointless.

DING DING DING!

I'm not sure if anybody else commented on this (but with three pages of replies, I don't doubt it).

Either way, Reverie has the EXACT point. Just because they're working on 134 concepts doesn't mean that even half of those will release as individual ideas. 

Much of the time, a large number of those games get dropped before any real funding has gone into them. The idea is pitched to the higher-ups, and they decide that it's not worth pursuing at this moment in time.

So, the concept gets saved onto a disc and thrown into a vault somewhere. A year or two down the line, a new idea is thought up and they decide it goes well with this older concept that was dropped a little while back, so it's revived. And you know what? That's likely the case with the vast majority of the videogaming concepts we see every day. As far as we know, Trauma Center likely was an idea that someone thought up for the GCN or something, but the control scheme wasn't good enough. Then, here comes DS and Wii, and BAM! Best idea evar.

Or, there's another of the 134 games that looks like it isn't good standalone either, but hey! Couple it with this first mediocre idea, and it's superb! That happens a lot, too.

So, sure, there are 134 games being developed. But I'd be shocked if we see any more than 50 or 60 of those hit shelves within the next year.

Mods, what about closing this senseless thread(3 wonderfull pages of BS), before the III World war begins btw Nintendo and Sony fanboys.

PS Vita and PC gamer

CPU Intel i5 2500K at 4.5 Ghz / Gigabyte Z68 Mobo / 8 Gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 mhz / Sapphire HD 7970 Dual X Boost / Corsair Obsidian 550d 

I am sure someone else said this but here it is again:

You are worried about the number of games and immediately assume they are going to be crappy by the amount of them being released in such a short time frame. When has nintendo EVER rushed games... Look at how they are handling metriod prime 3 and super smash brothers. These games could probably be released right now, but they aren't because they are not PERFECT. Nintendo doesn't rush games. (anyone remember waiting for ocarina of time???) This is straight from wiki, its in Shigeru Miyamoto's article:

"A delayed game is eventually good; a bad game is bad forever"

It's not rare for Nintendo to delay its games. This is largely due to the perfectionist tendency of Miyamoto who would go as far as scrapping the entire development if he did not find a game up to his standard. Miyamoto and fellow developers refer to this scrapping as "Chabudai Gaeshi" (ちゃぶ台返し, "upending the tea table"), a reference to manga and anime Hoshi of the Giants.[4] It is also referred to as "Miyahon Check" (Miyahon is an alternative kanji reading of Miyamoto) or "Miyamoto Test".[1]

• "Twinkle Popo" was a completed product with a pre-order of 26,000 units. It was supposed to be released under the game's developer, HAL Laboratory. Miyamoto intervened arguing that, with a tiny bit of tweaking, it would become a great game. After cancelling the preorder, the game was eventually released under Nintendo with the title Kirby's Dream Land, selling 5 million units globally.
  • The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time was supposed to be released immediately after the release of the Nintendo 64 (Japanese release date, 6 June 1996). Instead, Miyamoto, who was the producer, repeatedly ordered the game to be redone, resulting in numerous announcements of delays by Nintendo until the game's eventual release on 21 November 1998. Ocarina of Time sold over 7.6 million units and is widely considered one of the greatest games of all time.
  • Eiji Aonuma was initially the producer of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. However, between 2005 to 2006, Miyamoto switched to the producer's role. He stated that the switch was the result of a year-long development being "Chabudai Gaeshi"ed. [2] In the same interview, Miyamoto said that he had to clean up the mess of his Chabudai Gaeshi, so he joined in as a producer and also to assist in the development of the game. Twilight Princess, eventually released for both the GameCube and Wii consoles, has received tremendous critical acclaim and commercial success.  

Also, you arguments about losing the ability to play the kinda games you like (hardcore for a lack of a better word) is silly. Developers will still make those kinda games if they sell. You hardcore gamers aren't going anywhere because casuals are being brought in, are ya?

I'm not even sure what you guys are talking about anymore. I havent read this thread in 2 days... ROFL

euclid said:

I am sure someone else said this but here it is again:

You are worried about the number of games and immediately assume they are going to be crappy by the amount of them being released in such a short time frame. When has nintendo EVER rushed games... Look at how they are handling metriod prime 3 and super smash brothers. These games could probably be released right now, but they aren't because they are not PERFECT. Nintendo doesn't rush games. (anyone remember waiting for ocarina of time???) This is straight from wiki, its in Shigeru Miyamoto's article:

"A delayed game is eventually good; a bad game is bad forever"

It's not rare for Nintendo to delay its games. This is largely due to the perfectionist tendency of Miyamoto who would go as far as scrapping the entire development if he did not find a game up to his standard. Miyamoto and fellow developers refer to this scrapping as "Chabudai Gaeshi" (ちゃぶ台返し, "upending the tea table"), a reference to manga and anime Hoshi of the Giants.[4] It is also referred to as "Miyahon Check" (Miyahon is an alternative kanji reading of Miyamoto) or "Miyamoto Test".[1]

• "Twinkle Popo" was a completed product with a pre-order of 26,000 units. It was supposed to be released under the game's developer, HAL Laboratory. Miyamoto intervened arguing that, with a tiny bit of tweaking, it would become a great game. After cancelling the preorder, the game was eventually released under Nintendo with the title Kirby's Dream Land, selling 5 million units globally.
  • The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time was supposed to be released immediately after the release of the Nintendo 64 (Japanese release date, 6 June 1996). Instead, Miyamoto, who was the producer, repeatedly ordered the game to be redone, resulting in numerous announcements of delays by Nintendo until the game's eventual release on 21 November 1998. Ocarina of Time sold over 7.6 million units and is widely considered one of the greatest games of all time.
  • Eiji Aonuma was initially the producer of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. However, between 2005 to 2006, Miyamoto switched to the producer's role. He stated that the switch was the result of a year-long development being "Chabudai Gaeshi"ed. [2] In the same interview, Miyamoto said that he had to clean up the mess of his Chabudai Gaeshi, so he joined in as a producer and also to assist in the development of the game. Twilight Princess, eventually released for both the GameCube and Wii consoles, has received tremendous critical acclaim and commercial success.

Also, you arguments about losing the ability to play the kinda games you like (hardcore for a lack of a better word) is silly. Developers will still make those kinda games if they sell. You hardcore gamers aren't going anywhere because casuals are being brought in, are ya?

I just wanna point out that... Every game you mention there besides twilight princess... is almost 10 years old.

Not trying to discredit you, I'm just saying... That's a long time ago, and alot changes. When was the last major nintendo game that had a 2-3 year delay? OOT? that's 10 years ago. TP was delayed... not because it needed more work, they wanted to use it as a launch game on the Wii.