By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - [NSMB2] "Software Global Lifetime Prediction Sales of 2013"

supermariodance said:
S.Peelman said:
Even though this game had a very good holiday boost, it's still selling substantially beneath the original. This means it will not get close to those numbers. It will however, keep a much better momentum than 3D Land, as all 2D Mario's are quite consistent sellers for many years. This means it will do a lot better than that game, but given the difference in sales and because 3D Land puts up better competition than Mario 64 DS did, I don't see it passing 3D Land's sales just yet.

It will however, basically be a tie, with total sales coming in very close. I predict 9.5m.

It would be great to see SM3DL staying at first place and NSMB2 not surpassing it!It deserves it!

It would .

As I too think 3D Land is the much better game, and the 3D Mario games in general are more to my liking. In 2014 it will definitely be a done deal though, as the 2D Mario games hold their popularity for a much longer time. At the end of the day in somewhere like 2018 when the next gen is about to start, NSMB2 will have won this easily.

Around the Network
S.Peelman said:
supermariodance said:
S.Peelman said:
Even though this game had a very good holiday boost, it's still selling substantially beneath the original. This means it will not get close to those numbers. It will however, keep a much better momentum than 3D Land, as all 2D Mario's are quite consistent sellers for many years. This means it will do a lot better than that game, but given the difference in sales and because 3D Land puts up better competition than Mario 64 DS did, I don't see it passing 3D Land's sales just yet.

It will however, basically be a tie, with total sales coming in very close. I predict 9.5m.

It would be great to see SM3DL staying at first place and NSMB2 not surpassing it!It deserves it!

It would .

As I too think 3D Land is the much better game, and the 3D Mario games in general are more to my liking. In 2014 it will definitely be a done deal though, as the 2D Mario games hold their popularity for a much longer time. At the end of the day in somewhere like 2018 when the next gen is about to start, NSMB2 will have won this easily.

Yes you're right,but it would be cool to see a 3D Mario game selling better then a 2D Mario.Anyway,that will most likely never happen..

tbone51 said:
Screamapillar said:
Through 2015, probably 16-18 million in sales. If it hits 20 I wouldn't be surprised but that would require a price drop at some point, which Nintendo never really did with DS games.

if ya want your prediction up you need to give me an answer for this years life sales!!! BTW i think your right on life time sales by 2015!

Hmm...it's at 5.20 right now... I'll say at 8 million by the end of 2013.

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.

Screamapillar said:
tbone51 said:
Screamapillar said:
Through 2015, probably 16-18 million in sales. If it hits 20 I wouldn't be surprised but that would require a price drop at some point, which Nintendo never really did with DS games.

if ya want your prediction up you need to give me an answer for this years life sales!!! BTW i think your right on life time sales by 2015!

Hmm...it's at 5.20 right now... I'll say at 8 million by the end of 2013.

ok cool adding you now. Me thinks 8mil minimum buts its just my opinion!

7.8 million

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

Around the Network

keep the predictions coming!

12M, minimum.

Wander_ said:
12M, minimum.

Damn 12mil by years end??? Your the highest bidder lol. DONT forget to predict in the other threads! Im adding ya now

tbone51 said:
NintendoPie said:
tbone51 said:
NintendoPie said:
I'm going to say... 8 Million. But that is a total guess. I have really nothing to fall back on.

Wen i do pokemob x/y that'll be interesting lol.

Why is that?

not funny directed to you i mean everyone. SM3DL is 9-11.5ml in predictions, Everyone's guesses for Pokemon will be 5mil-13mil. meaning everybody will have completely dif numbers!

The difference between people's predictions are insane on NSMB2. The lowest predictor is predicting it will sell 2.8 million in 2013, and 3 people are predicting over 7.5 million.

The spread isn't going to be any larger with Pokemon, really. It will look like it, but that's just because Pokemon is going to sell more this year.

I'll go for 10.7 million