By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Forbes: Is Microsoft in trouble?

Everyone is doomed. Everyone... :p

Who is missing forbes? Apple? Samsung? Which garbage could you write about these?

Around the Network

Wow what a FAIL article...

1. - Claiming MS has only 20% marketshare now, down from 95% in 2005? What a misleading load of bullocks! MS still maintains a 92% desktop OS marketshare! This guy is clearly lumping all of the mobile/tablet OS's into the mix to make MS look terrible! If we do that, MS again has grown in marketshare since Windows 8, Windows Phone 8 are gaining popularity (albeit slowly) in the mobile/tablet space.

2. - The Xbox's division EDD, has been posting profits for years now! We are talking about 2-3 billion in profit over the last few years and I see this continuing since the "Xbox 8" has been in development for quite some time, with heavy R&D, and the division still posting huge profits.

Those are the 2 main glaring mistakes from the article. Since 007BondAgent was asking what was so inaccurate.

Turkish said:

Then explain to me why pc makers sell less pcs and Intels revenue going down?

i dont know where i have seen  a picture, but yes the pc market is on a decline.
but actually the market is still growing each year, but in a way slower pace then it used to be.

a few years ago its groth was tripple digits (10years ago) then shrunk to double digits and now the past few years it shrunk to single digit growth.
but its still growing even if its only 2-4% each year.

the revenue maybe going down because of companies trying to cut each other in prices in the consumer market which have declined the most.
the server market is still doing pretty well, where arm procesors dominates the market and not intel.

Microsoft needs to evolve.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Actually Apple is the tortoise. Put in the amount of time Apple went head to head with Microsoft with their long monopoly. Apple proved that you can beat the swift giant in the long run. Microsoft can put their product into every PC, but Apple has their own PC with its own OS. Apple did what some thought was impossible and instead of going head to head on OS made a multimedia hub connecting all of their devices. Microsoft is late to the party and its not even as good. I wish Microsoft luck though, because competition is always good. I really dont want to hear about Microsofts shareholders conference this year, because it might get personal with some of the share holders. They can ignore the share holders for so long and when the shareholders say "I told you so" they will soon have nothing to say, but Balmer will try.

P.S.

In no way is Microsoft in trouble, they just need to get their act together.

yes microsoft is losing on the tablets and phone market, but they joined the market way later then apple so I dont know if ms had a monopoly in that markets.
apple had like 4+ years of headstart to build their own small monopoly.

and saying that mac os is beating it in the long run is an overstatement. mac os have like what 5% marketshare at best ?
so by that logic ms phone and tablets will beat ios products in the long run since no doubt if they compete as long as mac os and windows did they will also reach 5% marketshare :p

But I think ms will lose in the phone and tablet buisness and maybe even take it of market maybe, but I doubt that microsoft will lose to apple on the desktop market.

Around the Network

This is probably written by some Apple fanboy. I don't think Microsoft will fail any time soon. They may launch things that become failures, but their Windows and Office software it still the most popular. I expect Apple to fail before Microsoft, and it probably will happen seeing that Apple doesn't have Steve Jobs anymore.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

I couldnt help but chuckle when the article said that Microsoft entertainment division would be sold to Sony.

This person also forgets that Microsoft has a big stash of money. There is zero chance they will go down on 3 years.

Actually the reversed situation seems more plausable if Microsoft wants to secure a dominating position in the videogames market. Microsoft buys SCE and their problems are over. Probably that thought didnt occur to the fanboy writer.

MoHasanie said:
This is probably written by some Apple fanboy. I don't think Microsoft will fail any time soon. They may launch things that become failures, but their Windows and Office software it still the most popular. I expect Apple to fail before Microsoft, and it probably will happen seeing that Apple doesn't have Steve Jobs anymore.

Microsoft doesn't have Bill Gates anymore he retired.

But, but I thought Apple was failing too?

This article is at least some-what misguided. I have serious doubts MS is about to sell off any of their divisions.

Wander_ said:
MoHasanie said:

Microsoft doesn't have Bill Gates anymore he retired.

True, but Apple has been succesful for the past few years because they've been very innovotive launching the Iphone and Ipad. Now, without Steve Jobs, it seems like the current people in charge don't know where to take the company. They are launching Ipad mini's, and rumoured to launch cheaper Iphones, but nothing really new. Apple TV has been discussed a lot but it can't be succesful because TV networks won't let Apple take advantage of them. Besides, TV networks don't want people to watch less and less TV live, cause that hurts their advertising rates, so I doubt they will be very supportive of Apple TV. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54