By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Forbes: Is Microsoft in trouble?

Well, I remembered that 007BondAgent is in favor of Sony. I do appreciate to you that you are taking your time to care about Microsoft. But why not go back to your own group and talk about the fallen of Sony? Sony might be on the track back to profit, but its situation is still much worse than Microsoft. They lost the leadership in the electrical device industry. So don't waste your time. Microsoft will be fine and survived. If Apple can rocket to their current situation from their death, I do think Microsoft can do it as well. Time will tell.

And this article is full of shit.

-this post was moderated by amp316

Around the Network
kain_kusanagi said:
This guy seems to think that MS is trying to sprint to the finish line, but MS has always been the tortoise not the hare. Windows 8 and the Surface RT where just step one. Win Phone 8 and Surface Pro are step two. MS is trying to get PC users to get used to a mobile like interface. The general public who buys Dell and HP are all slowing converting to Win 8 and they will get used to it. When they decide to go buy a smart phone of a tablet they will already know how to use a Win Phone 8 and a Surface RT/Pro. Having the exact same interface and apps on all your devices is huge and will be what wins the race.

Oh and Bing is growing slowly as people realize it's better for searching and maps. XboxNext will almost definitely be a Windows RT machine with the desktop locked out so that yet another device that people will already know how to use since they learned Win 8 on their PC after buying a Dell.

It's a slow burn, but that's what MS does and it almost always works for them.

Actually Apple is the tortoise. Put in the amount of time Apple went head to head with Microsoft with their long monopoly. Apple proved that you can beat the swift giant in the long run. Microsoft can put their product into every PC, but Apple has their own PC with its own OS. Apple did what some thought was impossible and instead of going head to head on OS made a multimedia hub connecting all of their devices. Microsoft is late to the party and its not even as good. I wish Microsoft luck though, because competition is always good. I really dont want to hear about Microsofts shareholders conference this year, because it might get personal with some of the share holders. They can ignore the share holders for so long and when the shareholders say "I told you so" they will soon have nothing to say, but Balmer will try.

P.S.

In no way is Microsoft in trouble, they just need to get their act together.

What a failure of a thread. Followed the link and Forbes has nothing to do with this "article". Probably some pissed off fan-boy somewhere. How can Forbes let people "contribute" in such a way? M$ has been pulling in billions over the last years..... Billions.

It is all clear to me know. Sony is selling off the buildings to buy the failing Microsoft. That clearly must be the case.

Then we will finally have what everyone has been waiting for the KinectMove FunStation. /s

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

I think Microsoft will walk on the same path as Sony's. They focus on a lots of things while somehow ignore what their strength is and think people will buy their product no matter what.

I want them to focus on Windows more and let their hardware division die, they are simply not good at it.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
kain_kusanagi said:
This guy seems to think that MS is trying to sprint to the finish line, but MS has always been the tortoise not the hare. Windows 8 and the Surface RT where just step one. Win Phone 8 and Surface Pro are step two. MS is trying to get PC users to get used to a mobile like interface. The general public who buys Dell and HP are all slowing converting to Win 8 and they will get used to it. When they decide to go buy a smart phone of a tablet they will already know how to use a Win Phone 8 and a Surface RT/Pro. Having the exact same interface and apps on all your devices is huge and will be what wins the race.

Oh and Bing is growing slowly as people realize it's better for searching and maps. XboxNext will almost definitely be a Windows RT machine with the desktop locked out so that yet another device that people will already know how to use since they learned Win 8 on their PC after buying a Dell.

It's a slow burn, but that's what MS does and it almost always works for them.

Actually Apple is the tortoise. Put in the amount of time Apple went head to head with Microsoft with their long monopoly. Apple proved that you can beat the swift giant in the long run. Microsoft can put their product into every PC, but Apple has their own PC with its own OS. Apple did what some thought was impossible and instead of going head to head on OS made a multimedia hub connecting all of their devices. Microsoft is late to the party and its not even as good. I wish Microsoft luck though, because competition is always good. I really dont want to hear about Microsofts shareholders conference this year, because it might get personal with some of the share holders. They can ignore the share holders for so long and when the shareholders say "I told you so" they will soon have nothing to say, but Balmer will try.

P.S.

In no way is Microsoft in trouble, they just need to get their act together.

Microsoft bailed Apple out when they were about to fold. I wouldn't say Apple was the tortoise, in fact I'd say in the early 90's Apple was the hare made too many mistakes and was about losing bad to the tortoise MS. MS was afraid that without Apple they would have anti-trust problems so they bought 49% of Apple which layed the foundation for Steve Jobs to rebuild, refocus, and make a comback. They bought the makers of the iPod, painted their computers cute colors, and switched from their buggy old System 9 OS to the Unix based buggy OSX. Those were apparently the right choices and I'm sure MS wished they handn't helped hold onto a competitor.

I agree that Microsoft is pretty badly run these days but the predictions the writer made are ridiculous. Enormous layoffs of 50-60% of their workforce, spinning off the Xbox brand, closing divisions, etc. I mean Sony and other companies have been in trouble for years with actual billion dollar losses and haven't even come close to doing anything like that and Microsoft will still be making billions in profit in the next three years.

The article is absolute shit. But I agree where it says MS took too long to make a move in order to capture the mobile space. W8 should have been released years ago.

I better stop pirating my windows operating systems and start paying for them before M$ is gone forever!!!!! LOL not! M$ is fine and this article is written by a fanboy.

I will still private OS though lol

zhao3gold said:
Well, I remembered that 007BondAgent is in favor of Sony. I do appreciate to you that you are taking your time to care about Microsoft. But why not go back to your own group and talk about the fallen of Sony? Sony might be on the track back to profit, but its situation is still much worse than Microsoft. They lost the leadership in the electrical device industry. So don't waste your time. Microsoft will be fine and survived. If Apple can rocket to their current situation from their death, I do think Microsoft can do it as well. Time will tell.

And this article is full of shit.

You have got to be kidding, the only thing that's full off it, is your stupid comment

if you don't have anything usefull to say, then don't even bother