By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Only select Wamart locations will carry PS Vita games now?

Will they be marked on google maps?

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Around the Network

Yup happened to the stores near me too.

The Employee was lying he's a xbox fanboy lol these are sold out :P

I've seen a few Walmarts with the situation in the OP, even since before Black Friday. The other game systems tend to be full up. I think part of it is there aren't really many games... Walmart doesn't carry every game I'm sure that the Vita has by default. They probably just get what the computer/logistics are saying sells.. so that's what they get in the truck. That's how it worked at BestBuy when I did counts/warehouse inventory years back... so that could be part of it.

Nsanity said:

Saw this over on NeoGaf

"Just took this photo at a Walmart, asked an employee and was told that the games were getting recalled to other stores that sell Vita games at a higher rate. Meaning only select locations will carry the games now"

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=46654843&postcount=1

The words "The most insane" can be taken as a double meaning, certainly in a negative context given the thread lol

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

Well I said I would check, and that is what I did today. The retailers store tracker wasn't entirely accurate, but it was not far wrong either. It told me the store that I went to wouldn't have Vita's, but it actually had two of them, and the tracker said there would be a game there, and not only was it there, but it had friends. Unfortunately if the Vita, and its games aren't being discontinued there. They are doing a damned good job of looking the part.

I counted only two Vita's total, and those were the basic model, and not bundles. I also counted twelve games total, and I mean twelve physical copies of games. Without a immediate restocking the product line will be gone from that store fairly soon. So while the tracker is inaccurate it may only be showing things with a appreciable number of units, or things that they are actively stocking. I think it is the first one myself, because the two items listed on the site had more then a few units on the shelf. The first being a game that had five copies, and the second was memory cards.

So to Max and Chark all I can offer is my condolences. This story is most definitely true. The only reason the store I went to probably had any left is that they had too little to bother shipping back to their warehouse. All told everything they had left could have fit comfortably inside of a shoe box.

My local walmart down the street, in the Atlanta, Ga. area looks like this one. The only Vita games they had were Uncharted (only 2 copies left), and Madden. I asked them where the Vita games were, and the guy told me they were relocated to another store, and about 50 or so Vitas were shipped back to Sony after they didn't sell. It wouldn't surprise me if other retailers are doing the same thing. If Sony doesn't rescue the Vita come E3, things could get even worse. 

On a side note, none of the Walmarts in my area leave games out in the open. They are always locked behind a glass door. 

Tarumon said:
If you check Bestbuy.com, Vita is unavailable in many locations.

Checking Gamestop.com, neither the wifi or 3g versions were available online.

Sold Out baby!!!

GameStop may still be recovering from the holidays, but other retailers like Walmart shouldn't have that problem. 

IamAwsome said:
Tarumon said:
If you check Bestbuy.com, Vita is unavailable in many locations.

Checking Gamestop.com, neither the wifi or 3g versions were available online.

Sold Out baby!!!

GameStop may still be recovering from the holidays, but other retailers like Walmart shouldn't have that problem. 

Yeah I was just being facetious.  If you actually did check, which I did, you can see one or two stores showing availability out of 8-10, confirming this trend.  Gamestop was doing this for white Wii Us, just wasnt moving (gamestop employee told his manager grabbed them from all nearby stores since only holiday shopping moms were buying the whites).

So we can assume the Walmart's that are absorbing the unsold Vita software & hardware are also going to be reducing their orders for new shipments from Sony (internal sourcing rather than external)? Not good news for Sony, I hope Nintendo is watching closely because they could find themselves in the same position a year from now.