By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony’s PlayStation 4 To Feature Controller Similar To Nintendo’s Wii U GamePad?

According to CVG sources, Sony may very well abandon the DualShock controller design with the release of the company’s inevitable next-generation home console, which will probably be called the PlayStation 4. Instead, Sony’s PlayStation 4 controller will supposedly include biometric sensors and an LCD touchscreen, not unlike Nintendo’s new Wii U GamePad. Similar to how the Wii U console is compatible with Wii Remote controllers, gamers may be able to interact with Sony’s forthcoming home console via DualShock controllers.

wow I did not see this one coming!

Yes I did

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network

i'm surprised they didn't add light balls on top of it

Camus said:

Nintendo and PC gamer

The word Gamepad just became 25x cooler

well, i think a controller with a screen on it improve the interactivity between the user and the operating system, games also. I see this as a trend like dual analog sticks or shoulder buttons, here to stay for next gen.

Around the Network
osed125 said:
Camus said:

did you just seriously do that right now???????????????/

osed125 said:
Camus said:

lol !! Wow how revolutionary Sony :D. A game pad with a screen, never seen that before! tho the light balls make it unique , totally not a rip off (sarcasm)

Camus said:
osed125 said:
Camus said:

lol !! Wow how revolutionary Sony :D. A game pad with a screen, never seen that before! tho the light balls make it unique , totally not a rip off (sarcasm)

the screen will be HD so its not a rip off and its innovative.... so its not gimmick

So let me get this straight. The rumor is that it has a lcd screen and biometric straps...and this is supposedly like the wiiu pad..because of the screen? lol this is hilarious.

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

osed125 said:
Camus said:

Absolute perfection. Lol at them analog stick placements.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)