By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Life On Mars? Amazing Pictures Inside

Perched on a rock, she could be waiting for a bus.

But if so, she could be in for an awfully long wait.

This photo of what looks remarkably like a female figure with her arm outstretched, was taken on Mars.

Scroll down for more...

Call me rocky: The intriguing image captured by Nasa on Mars

Perhaps unsurprisingly, it has set the Internet abuzz with claims that there really is life on the red planet.

Others may well feel that it is simply an optical illusion caused by a landscape.

Scroll down for more...

Alien life: What seems to be a human-like Martian is pictured on Mars

The image was among many sent back to Earth by Spirit, Nasa's Mars explorer vehicle which landed there four years ago.

Initial inspections revealed nothing unusual, but closer examination by amateur astronomers has thrown up this intriguing picture.

Scroll down for more...

Painstaking: Space enthusiasts spent four years analysing this image, which on much closer inspection shows the 'alien'

As one enthusiast put it on a website: "These pictures are amazing. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw what appears to be a naked alien running around on Mars."

Another, dismissing cynicism about the somewhat stony look of the "alien", wrote: "If you show me another rock in another photo from Mars, or Earth, that naturally looks like that, I will reconsider."

Scroll down for more...

Say cheese: The mystery image was captured by Nasa's explorer vehicle, Spirit

A third contributor, who might have come closer to the majority view, said: "Ah, the human eye can be tricked so easily.

Source'''  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=509693&in_page_id=1811&ito=1490 

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

Around the Network

Probably just a rock in that shape =P.

Female? They surmise that it's female by...that? It's just a shadow of a rock.

Anyway, since I'm bored:

Seems pretty clear that the rock is roughly along that green line, and that's just a shadow...come on people, gotta try harder than that. 

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

^ @_____@;

um... nice try, bb, but the sun is definitely shining in the other direction ~ lol

J-whorage <333

This is not funny just very pathetic, that there are actual scientist that think that is an alien.

mM
Around the Network
BenKenobi88 said:

Female? They surmise that it's female by...that? It's just a shadow of a rock.

Anyway, since I'm bored:

Seems pretty clear that the rock is roughly along that green line, and that's just a shadow...come on people, gotta try harder than that. 

your green line is wrong but the figure is rock. You green line is the rig of another rock probably 5 feet behind. Tracr the teal colored rock down. Its a rock formation. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Well if there are aliens on Mars, then they're damn good at hiding.

Aliens carved out a human figure to try and be funny.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Where is Captain Kirk when you need him to seduce a wild Mars woman! Seriously at that picture anyone thinking a living creature would be in that kind of environment is a big laugh, there's been what looks like faces on Mars and the moon, all natural formations, now maybe if the thing got up close to that thing and took a picture and it started moving then we got proof on our hands.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Life exists on Mars, and it happens to be hominid?