By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - ZOMG!!!!!!!! Uncharted: Drake's Fortune is a million seller!!!!!

Speaking of the graphics argument, does anybody know where the whole graphics thing came up? I mean, I'm sure it's been used for years and years, but my question is mainly asking, didn't Nintendo say that to defend that the Wii isn't as powerful as the PS3 or 360?

Around the Network

Hmm will it reach 2 million?

IllegalPaladin said:
Speaking of the graphics argument, does anybody know where the whole graphics thing came up? I mean, I'm sure it's been used for years and years, but my question is mainly asking, didn't Nintendo say that to defend that the Wii isn't as powerful as the PS3 or 360?

This argument came about because instead of saying "We're not going to focus on graphics this generation" they said "graphics don't matter", and somethign so simple as being the weaker machine, went to an all out war and hate against the HD consoles by fanboys of Nintendo.  I'd venture to say if that comment wasn't made, we wouldn't hear that five or six times a day. And there'd probably be less fighting on this site.

konnichiwa said:
Hmm will it reach 2 million?
EASY. That was only 1st ps3 year, there another atleast 5-7 years. And Uncharted is GREAT experience today, and in next 3-4 years.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

As GT said "uncharted has franchise written all over it" so a sequel will definetly be in the works.

Around the Network

I think it will definitely pass 1,5 mill.

2 million though... I remain uncertain about.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

I definitely knew this game will be a million seller.

EDIT: Yay! my 500th post. :)

SSBB: 1977-0005-2980 (JOEY) MKWii: 4382-2877-5902 (Joeykanga)
Wii:4027-0084-9432-1532             PM me if you add me.
Tag courtesy of fkusumot: Joeykanga - "Just post something once, don't ruin the thread"

^ So did I.

Glad to see it. Very good game and I enjoyed the story more than most games I played in 2007.

Watching the 'making' of videos ND pretty much come right out and say they were thinking franchise from the get go so I'm sure more (perhaps many more) are still to come.

R&C sales mystify me though. If anything it's almost a shade better in that its longer and has probably more replay value.

The only thing I can think of is most PS3 owners are closer to 360 demographic and saw it as too 'kiddish'...

I got it 'cause my kids played most of the others on PS2 and wanted it but playing it myself its a hoot - real good fun and brilliant graphics.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

I guess R&C will also be a million seller...

Especially when more of the younger audience will buy a PS3 who loved R&C on PS2.