By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox 720 Will Be More Powerful Than PS4 - Report

green_sky said:
sales2099 said:
CGI-Quality said:

http://www.vg247.com/2013/01/17/showtime-ps4-rumoured-at-1-84tf-xbox-720-at-1-23tf

I don't care which one is more powerful (actually, would prefer a more powerful 720, since I got so used to it on the original Xbox), but two different articles, published on the same day, saying completely different things makes my excitement for the gen jump through the rooof!

PS4 will have more raw power, but 720 will have more refined power :)

PS4 = Crude Oil

720 = Gasoline

Which one is clean diesel, hybrid and electric. 

WiiU, since it is the 'greenest' console.

Around the Network
timmah said:
green_sky said:
sales2099 said:

PS4 will have more raw power, but 720 will have more refined power :)

PS4 = Crude Oil

720 = Gasoline

Which one is clean diesel, hybrid and electric. 

WiiU, since it is the 'greenest' console.

Timmmmah. I am green sky and i must get that. I find Nintendo Consoles most expensive though despite their low entry level price. The accessories, games barely go on sale but i must get it eventually since it is greenest. 

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Don't care. Didnt Sony destroy all of the other consoles with less powerful consoles twice?

Yes, and Wii did the same for PS3 and X360 due to sales. The Wii U is in this position again if it's the more affordable console this generation, and Nintendo could counter-act with lowering the price once the newer systems are released. I think it's all going to boil down to affordability and content, as always. Both of these next-gen systems will be great, but their initial price will be high. Within time when they become affordable, then they will REALLY take off in sales.

All in all, I just think that the next two systems should just be a 25% increase of what they are graphically now. Sure they can have better parts, but to me, I think the graphics are good as they are now. How much better can they possibly get? The only way to have better graphics is the increase in television resolution, and that's what the 4K is about. If either console were to have 4k output, they would need to be more beastly now. Like, a PS3 2.0 in terms of graphics.

I'm content with what I have (Wii U), but I really want to see the way the next-gen games look

Here we go >_>

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

wouldnt it be funny if it turns out that they are neck in neck in terms of power?

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
wouldnt it be funny if it turns out that they are neck in neck in terms of power?

As gamers it would be awesome but then we'll have to debate for next 6-7 years as to which one is powerful. Debate is more important. Remember. 

green_sky said:
bananaking21 said:

As gamers it would be awesome but then we'll have to debate for next 6-7 years as to which one is powerful. Debate is more important. Remember. 

hey hey consoleX being more powerful than consoleZ is the most important thing to happen this gen. i mean come on, screw the games.

bananaking21 said:
green_sky said:
bananaking21 said:

hey hey consoleX being more powerful than consoleZ is the most important thing to happen this gen. i mean come on, screw the games.

Eggzacktaly!

AHh i am posting so much. Must go and do some work. 

At this point it seems like websites are just trying to one up each other.

MB1025 said:
At this point it seems like websites are just trying to one up each other.

exactly