By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So I guess the PS4/720 rumoured specs were true........

M.U.G.E.N said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:

I'm not stating that they would have access to the sensitive data that is in the court filings. I am speculating that "maybe" their source is someone in the upper echelons of NVIDIA which is why they decided to post the rumour along with the lawsuit. News Corp is their parent company so maybe they hacked it,lol.

Listen to yourself man..you are almost hoping the older rumors are true or something. Trust me...usually IGN is full of shit. If you want the latest rumors leaks etc go to the forums like gaf and b3d etc. They will do a much better job at it. 

I'm well aware of where to go for rumours and yes, although I personally would love to see a jump like we saw from last gen for the new consoles (as I will own all three again) I do hope the rumours are true because to be quite frank I am tired of hearing the stupidity associated with the WiiU is doomed because of graphics ect and that the PS4/720 will be 20X more powerful etc. 

I really do believe that there is a very good possibility that this information is correct and like I stated earlier, if they did not have an inkling of an idea, why would they post specs from April 2012 and not the current rumoured ones? It does not make any sense at all.

Regardless, I guess we'll have to just wait and see when the specs are released by each respective company.

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

Around the Network
Nirvana_Nut85 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:

I'm not stating that they would have access to the sensitive data that is in the court filings. I am speculating that "maybe" their source is someone in the upper echelons of NVIDIA which is why they decided to post the rumour along with the lawsuit. News Corp is their parent company so maybe they hacked it,lol.

Listen to yourself man..you are almost hoping the older rumors are true or something. Trust me...usually IGN is full of shit. If you want the latest rumors leaks etc go to the forums like gaf and b3d etc. They will do a much better job at it. 

I'm well aware of where to go for rumours and yes, although I personally would love to see a jump like we saw from last gen for the new consoles (as I will own all three again) I do hope the rumours are true because to be quite frank I am tired of hearing the stupidity associated with the WiiU is doomed because of graphics ect and that the PS4/720 will be 20X more powerful etc. 

I really do believe that there is a very good possibility that this information is correct and like I stated earlier, if they did not have an inkling of an idea, why would they post specs from April 2012 and not the current rumoured ones? It does not make any sense at all.

Regardless, I guess we'll have to just wait and see when the specs are released by each respective company.

Hell no.I don't care if nintendo wants to cheapen out on the consoles but I do not want MSony to go the same route. If they go with the current specs and wiiu gets the short end of the stick in the multiplats..then it's the fault of Nintendo. And no I don't think that would means wiiu is doomed or anything.

Even the older information IGN posted were posted elswhere before them. After that however they have not updated any of their rumors with newer ones. They are just trying to get more hits by wording the article in a way to mislead people into thinking the leaks are related to the stuff IGN posted lol that's all there is to it. 

But hey let's see how it goes down once the next gen system are shown. By all means they could be pretty weak...but I seriously doubt it. 

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

noname2200 said:
Shinobi-san said:
With a 7670 and a 6670(even worse!) you looking at a slight step up from current gen...think along the lines of WiiU.

WiiU is definitely stronger than current gen, and i believe we will see the difference in a year or two maybe less. But its not going to be a massive difference....and its certainly gonna be at 720p.

Given sonys recent ambitions they made public...the specs do not aline.

Perhaps I'm merely misunderstanding you, but serious question: what in Sony's history makes you trust their word on the performance of their not-yet-unveiled consoles?

I dont trust them....but look at this gen.Sony claimed games will be played in 1080p, they then realised this was not gonna be the case for most games. Some games released at full HD but most released at 720p. The talk or ambition was 1080p but we got 720p with some games at 1080p (some games do run at native 1080p, im not talking GT5 here).

Im pretty sure Sony mentioned something about 1080p 3D at 60 FPS or something like that...Cant remember the exact numbers here. But it was a high ambition. Now if the ambition is high how can we then get 720p AGAIN?!?!? Which is essentially what you get when you dealing with a console like the WiiU. And similar gpu's like the ones mentioned here its just not even remotely possible, they would NOT have mentioned it if this was the case.

Also, these rumours are old. Ive done a quick search on GAF took me like5 minutes to get to what the latest rumours are are these specs arent even remotely considered. They are just old old rumours.

Next Xbox is said to have an 8 core cpu, with 8 gb ram and based on a 8800 gpu. This is a devkit so not this exact spec....but i mean this is sooooo far from the OP specs. Its not even in the same ball park. And yeah we spending a lot of time talking about the PS4 but a 6670 for the next xbox???? really? a 6600 series gpu? No ways. You do realise that that is like the lowest of the low. I think thats one step above media gpu cards

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

If these are true these are some horribly underpowered consoles......

Like wow next gen will be pretty awful. In fact I might completely skip next gen and go strait PC

Xxain said:
I assumed you meant kid gohan who was equal to ss2 goku/vegeta not adult ss2

Man... I love how those hardware discussions are ilustrated by DBZ characters, then suddenly they become a DBZ character discussion instead!

Around the Network
BenVTrigger said:
If these are true these are some horribly underpowered consoles......

Like wow next gen will be pretty awful. In fact I might completely skip next gen and go strait PC

I would bet we will get something similar to the latest rumors. I wouldn't worry too much

PS4 "Orbis"
- AMD x86 3.2GHz APU Solution (Jaguar/Steamroller), 4 cores (2 core pairs), [Higher Clock than X720/Durango] 
Maybe AMD 8000 series GPU solution [Customised Solution Possibly utilising GPU + APU combo]
- 2-4GB GDDR5
- Launch Fall 2013/Early 2014

Explanation: PS4 has a higher clock, but less cores and is using an APU solution (CPU & GPU elements combined onto a single chip). The PS4 has less RAM but is using faster GDDR ram, so the overall performance should be a wash. 

For more information, Jeff Rigby's rumour roundup.

Xbox 720 "Durango"
- AMD x86 Jaguar 1.6GHZ 8-Core [Targeting one core being dedicated for OS tasks]
- AMD 8000 series GPU 
- ESRAM on the GPU (unknown amount)
- 8GB Ram DDR3, [1.5GB of RAM likely reserved for the operating system]
- Launch 2013

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

disolitude said:

Expect PS4 to be more GPU powerful if that's the case since that have an A8 + 7670. Unless that's a Crossfire 6670 in which case 720 FTW.

Also, expect 720p graphics for the most part lol...

Also also, look for 720 to keep hardware based backwards compatibility with 360 while PS4 will have to rely on emulation. 

nothing has been confirmed

Shinobi-san said:

I dont trust them....but look at this gen.Sony claimed games will be played in 1080p, they then realised this was not gonna be the case for most games. Some games released at full HD but most released at 720p. The talk or ambition was 1080p but we got 720p with some games at 1080p (some games do run at native 1080p, im not talking GT5 here).

Im pretty sure Sony mentioned something about 1080p 3D at 60 FPS or something like that...Cant remember the exact numbers here. But it was a high ambition. Now if the ambition is high how can we then get 720p AGAIN?!?!? Which is essentially what you get when you dealing with a console like the WiiU. And similar gpu's like the ones mentioned here its just not even remotely possible, they would NOT have mentioned it if this was the case.

Also, these rumours are old. Ive done a quick search on GAF took me like5 minutes to get to what the latest rumours are are these specs arent even remotely considered. They are just old old rumours.

Next Xbox is said to have an 8 core cpu, with 8 gb ram and based on a 8800 gpu. This is a devkit so not this exact spec....but i mean this is sooooo far from the OP specs. Its not even in the same ball park. And yeah we spending a lot of time talking about the PS4 but a 6670 for the next xbox???? really? a 6600 series gpu? No ways. You do realise that that is like the lowest of the low. I think thats one step above media gpu cards

I see. I admit, I take a look at the same previous behavior and conclude not that there's ambition, but deliberate misdirection, and for that reason I am willing to remain skeptical until proven otherwise.

Regarding the rumors of the next XBox, I'd point out that those, too, are only rumors, and that said rumors originate from some random Chinese forum. I would be cautious about believing them at this point.

I am not saying that the allegations here are true, only that there is a history of gross exaggeration by first-parties when it comes to the performance of their next consoles. I also think sound business reasoning would support an incremental upgrade over the current generation, and I believe that sound business reasoning is only somewhat likely to prevail in the near future.

i always have a chuckle when i read posts that imply that the sony and microsoft will basically repackage the 360 and ps3 for next gen
you'd think it'd occur to some people that there would be no point in releasing new consoles if they have a similar level of performance to those already out
who knows? it may indeed happen... but logically it makes no sense

I cant get over how bad these specs are......

Pleeeease dont be true rumor. Please.