By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So I guess the PS4/720 rumoured specs were true........

oni-link said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
oni-link said:
IGN was accurate enough when the Wii U and 3DS specs were released. So why wouldn't they be accurate now? :/

? IGN didn't break the info on wiiu ram etc afaik

cherry picking will get you nowhere. IGN had been the basis for the 3DS, PSV, and now the Wii U specs and should still be the basis for PS720.   They are more credible than the typical gaf poster who may or may not be a dilusional fanboy. 

You don't know what the hell you are talking about. Neogaf got insiders who deliver way more important information than IGN ever did. Maybe if you got out of your little mainstream gaming sites world and actually looked over the deep web and leak sites for information you would see not only IGN is late in the scale of months sometimes, but the information posted at gaf turns out to be correct.

And the $350-400 price being an evidence the 6670 rumors are right? Are youjoking  or simply someone without the slightest hint on the pricing of manufacturing and hardware parts?

Around the Network
enditall727 said:

what is the difference between GDDR5 ram and ram that you would find in something like the ps3?

hehe I am definitely not the person who should answer this question as I'm a big noob about tech stuff myself. Just been reading all these next gen threads as they are very very facsinating

From what I understand GDDR5 is some of the fastest RAM around now (at least RAM that can actually be used without going broke lol). The nividia 680 graphic card for example uses 2GB of GDDR5. It will be miles and miles better than what we have on current consoles with the amount and the speed (please someone like Zarx clarify if I'm wrong here)

these are the rumored target specs

4 GB of RAM at 192mb/s

vs

8 GB of RAM at 68mb/s

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

haxxiy said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Dallinor said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
BenVTrigger said:
If these are true these are some horribly underpowered consoles......

Like wow next gen will be pretty awful. In fact I might completely skip next gen and go strait PC

I would bet we will get something similar to the latest rumors. I wouldn't worry too much

PS4 "Orbis"
- AMD x86 3.2GHz APU Solution (Jaguar/Steamroller), 4 cores (2 core pairs), [Higher Clock than X720/Durango] 
Maybe AMD 8000 series GPU solution [Customised Solution Possibly utilising GPU + APU combo]
- 2-4GB GDDR5
- Launch Fall 2013/Early 2014

Explanation: PS4 has a higher clock, but less cores and is using an APU solution (CPU & GPU elements combined onto a single chip). The PS4 has less RAM but is using faster GDDR ram, so the overall performance should be a wash. 

For more information, Jeff Rigby's rumour roundup.

Xbox 720 "Durango"
- AMD x86 Jaguar 1.6GHZ 8-Core [Targeting one core being dedicated for OS tasks]
- AMD 8000 series GPU 
- ESRAM on the GPU (unknown amount)
- 8GB Ram DDR3, [1.5GB of RAM likely reserved for the operating system]
- Launch 2013

Just to clarify, I'm not familiar with the expression "should be a wash". Does it mean it should be similar or better...?

Similar. on paper the ps4 may look better but MS and AMD have said to have done a lot of customization on durango to boost performance or something. So yes overall similar in performance.

From what I read these specs mean that both consoles will be around the same ball park but will have strengths different areas. For example the way the RAM is places could boost different areas in games. Durango more ram, slower vs Orbis less Ram but much faster. I think Digital Foundry articles in the future will be very interesting :D

Meh, I'm betting it will be much like the PS3-360 gap this gen with the difference the relatively  small Orbis advantage will translate to multiplatforms too. 

And to anyone still with hopes of a 6670 I refer you to neogaf. The member who posted these specs and the roadmaps got banned later and his posts deleted because the site wouldn't dare to expose that information and it's not the first time they had to do that to an insider. It's pretty much confirmed by now, unless there are some constraints of physical order when actually assembling and testing the hardware. 

The individual who was banned is the person who is saying that these weak ass specs are true? or is he the individual who is saying that they might have beefier specs than this 7670 and 6760(whatever the hell that 720 GOU number is) sh!t?

also you are saying that he got banned for potentially telling the truth? or for spreading a lie?

M.U.G.E.N said:
oni-link said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
oni-link said:
IGN was accurate enough when the Wii U and 3DS specs were released. So why wouldn't they be accurate now? :/

cherry picking will get you nowhere. IGN had been the basis for the 3DS, PSV, and now the Wii U specs and should still be the basis for PS720.   They are more credible than the typical gaf poster who may or may not be a dilusional fanboy.  

not cherry picking at all. You mentioned wiiu and 3ds specs. And I'm asking you if they were the ones to bring about the only few comfirmed bits of information to us..the answer is no

I have no followed 3ds rumors to be perfectly honest and which is why I didn't address it

IGN failed miserably with the vita specs lol 

So tell me...who is the one cherry picking here? IGN was never the basis for any of the credible rumors of the systems you mentioned (well maybe bar 3ds, no clue about that)

IF you actually follow the rumors then you will see most IGN articles ARE based off of users from the forums I mentioned above. I know it might be easier for you to dismiss them as simply delusional fanboys but they really are not. Most of these users like Rigby and proelite etc have a good track record so they are trusted.

well I don't know those posters...but I tend to find big time websites like IGN a more credible source than the typical posters out there.  Oh well just have to wait till the systems are out.  I have a feeling a lot of people will be disappointed though. Thanks for that info anyways.

enditall727 said:

The individual who was banned is the person who is saying that these weak ass specs are true? or is he the individual who is saying that they might have beefier specs than this 7670 and 6760(whatever the hell that 720 GOU number is) sh!t?

also you are saying that he got banned for potentially telling the truth? or for spreading a lie?

I think he is referring to sweetvar26. He is well trusted. I think the posts were removed so he wouldn't get in trouble really. 

Honestly I think both MSony are doing a controlled leak of information now. Last week or so we heard more abotu the RAM of the xbox and bam after a few days suddenly several people get information about the Orbis..and they are similar to one another too :D 

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network
oni-link said:

well I don't know those posters...but I tend to find big time websites like IGN a more credible source than the typical posters out there.  Oh well just have to wait till the systems are out.  I have a feeling a lot of people will be disappointed though. Thanks for that info anyways.

Trust me on this...IGN usually get their information FROM places like GAF/SemiA etc. They are not a credible source of info about these things at all. But yes we won't know for sure either way until the systems are out.

and I agree, I do think many will be disappointed, just not the people you think it will be

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

M.U.G.E.N said:
enditall727 said:

I think he is referring to sweetvar26. He is well trusted. I think the posts were removed so he wouldn't get in trouble really. 

Honestly I think both MSony are doing a controlled leak of information now. Last week or so we heard more abotu the RAM of the xbox and bam after a few days suddenly several people get information about the Orbis..and they are similar to one another too :D 

hmm...interesting...so how powerful would you put those systems in comparison to PS360 and maybe also the Wii U.  IGN (or some site) had it right about a new type of Power 750 with either an Evergreen processor or the e6760.

haxxiy said:
oni-link said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
oni-link said:

You don't know what the hell you are talking about. Neogaf got insiders who deliver way more important information than IGN ever did. Maybe if you got out of your little mainstream gaming sites world and actually looked over the deep web and leak sites for information you would see not only IGN is late in the scale of months sometimes, but the information posted at gaf turns out to be correct.

And the $350-400 price being an evidence the 6670 rumors are right? Are youjoking  or simply someone without the slightest hint on the pricing of manufacturing and hardware parts?

dude you need to chill out and respond accordingly; you don't need to jeer or be offensive. I was not attacking you personally so personal attacks are not necessary. Take MUGEN for example he is level headed.

If these specs are true, it will be interesting to see what M$ and Sony would use at the selling point of their new hardware. Those specs aren't going to provide a huge jump...

oni-link said:
BenVTrigger said:
I cant get over how bad these specs are......

Pleeeease dont be true rumor. P. ase.

Sorry to break it to ya, but with the rumored $350-400 price point to this being real.  I'm still gonna get a 720 regardless though; justh.(I'm still really happy with my X360s tbh)

Actually not really at all.

The original 360 launched at $399 and was FAR more cutting edge for its time then these specs would be in our time.  If anything these specs indicate MS is completly abandoning the whole sell at a loss concept and immidiatly selling at a profit price point.  Like this is surprisingly poor tech for a next gen console.  And will honestly probably fail with specs like this