By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is it time for an Operation Rainfall for the 3DS?

Let's not milk it.

Around the Network

I hope not. I feel like Nintendo never actually cared about Operation Rainfall, they just wanted us to stop whining.

Don't we have enough Nintendo related petitions already?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

NintendoPie said:
I hope not. I feel like Nintendo never actually cared about Operation Rainfall, they just wanted us to stop whining.

And then Xenoblade came over and sold a lot better than expected. Then they started to care more bout localization.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Otakumegane said:
NintendoPie said:

And then Xenoblade came over and sold a lot better than expected. Then they started to care more bout localization.

Of course! That means they make more money... not all localizations are that lucky though.

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
Otakumegane said:
NintendoPie said:

Of course! That means they make more money... not all localizations are that lucky though.

You ever think that Black and White 2/ Fire Emblem/ Animal Crossing took so long to get here this year because all the translators were busy trying to get all of Pokemon X/Y ready in time?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

The more we do this, the less impact it will have, so no. At least not yet, it's way too soon. Besides, what games could even be picked. Bravely Default is almost certainly going to be coming to NA as well as Shin Megami Tensei IV and then Project X Zone basically has no chance even if we campaigned for it. Seems pointless at the moment.

Otakumegane said:

You ever think that Black and White 2/ Fire Emblem/ Animal Crossing took so long to get here this year because all the translators were busy trying to get all of Pokemon X/Y ready in time?

I would hope Nintendo has a more fleshed out crew for translations than that. If they can only handle one game, then that's pretty sad.

(I, too, was wondering that though.)

spurgeonryan said:
There is a huge selection of Japanese 3DS games that have not come over! The one you mentioned above were always going to come over. Games like Earth Seeker. Those smaller type titles are the ones that should come.

Only problem is, those smaller titles probably don't have quite the number of eager fans like Xenoblade, The Last Story, and Pandora's Tower had that can actually merit something like Operation Rainfall. I'm not so sure a new "Operation Rainfall" movement would even get noticed for these far more niche titles.

Also, to everyone in the thread, let's stop acting like these things have to be aimed at Nintendo, considering all Nintendo did in "response" to Operation Rainfall is a limited release of Xenoblade Chronicles and nothing more.

MentalAlliance said:
spurgeonryan said:
There is a huge selection of Japanese 3DS games that have not come over! The one you mentioned above were always going to come over. Games like Earth Seeker. Those smaller type titles are the ones that should come.

Only problem is, those smaller titles probably don't have quite the number of eager fans like Xenoblade, The Last Story, and Pandora's Tower had that can actually merit something like Operation Rainfall. I'm not so sure a new "Operation Rainfall" movement would even get noticed for these far more niche titles.

Also, to everyone in the thread, let's stop acting like these things have to be aimed at Nintendo, considering all Nintendo did in "response" to Operation Rainfall is a limited release of Xenoblade Chronicles and nothing more.

That limited release was one of the best decisions Nintendo did in a while.