By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What launch titles are a MUST when launching a new console? WiiStation720

Soundwave said:

I think Destiny (Bungie) is going to be Microsoft's big 720 launch title and it will be timed exclusive. Star Wars 1313, Watch Dogs, CoD: Modern Warfare 4, Battlefield 4, Madden NFL, FIFA, etc. will be multiplats.

But all of those are multiplat and will push sales for the other systems as well. What exclusive games can push the launch of PS720?

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network

I'd love for the PS4 to have final fantasy versus

DanneSandin said:
Otakumegane said:

Nintendo should've really launched with Pikmin and 101 as promised instead of holding back to prevent pissing off 3rd party devs. They should've also gotten their Day 1 update fiasco dealt with and not left us with a blank Q1. Seriously waiting on that WindWaker HD ambassadors Nintendo.

(Also release GC VC already I have 50$ to ready to shell out for some of those games.)

I don't really see Pikmin as a system seller though... The whole series have sold like 3m combined... It's not a big franchise and won't push systems like a new Zelda... But I agree 100% with the rest of your statement!!

Pikmin isn't a system seller but it would've helped get some ninty fans buying it, I mean not even Ninty fans buy 2 NSMB in the same year. There are a certain amount of people holding back and that's because of the surprising lack of 1st party software. Pikmin would've moved at least 100-300k more.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

DanneSandin said:
Wander_ said:
Gran freakin Turismo 6

Yeah, but how PROBABLE is it that that game will make it to launch? We'll probably see another "prologue" before the real deal...

I think it will be in the launch window. GT5 came out 3 years ago. So obviously they are burning the midnight oil to launch it with the PS4.

DanneSandin said:
Soundwave said:

I think Destiny (Bungie) is going to be Microsoft's big 720 launch title and it will be timed exclusive. Star Wars 1313, Watch Dogs, CoD: Modern Warfare 4, Battlefield 4, Madden NFL, FIFA, etc. will be multiplats.

But all of those are multiplat and will push sales for the other systems as well. What exclusive games can push the launch of PS720?

Destiny will be huge IMO, but Microsoft will have others too I'm sure Sony will too. Kinda hard to predict. Perhaps something new from Epic as well (Gears of War last time). 

Also I think CoD/Star Wars 1313/MGS Ground Zeroes, etc. yes they will be on PS3/360, but the PS4/720 versions will basically be the "real" versions, those games are made for higher end PC hardware and will be gimped down to fit the old systems. 

Around the Network
Otakumegane said:
DanneSandin said:
Otakumegane said:

Nintendo should've really launched with Pikmin and 101 as promised instead of holding back to prevent pissing off 3rd party devs. They should've also gotten their Day 1 update fiasco dealt with and not left us with a blank Q1. Seriously waiting on that WindWaker HD ambassadors Nintendo.

(Also release GC VC already I have 50$ to ready to shell out for some of those games.)

I don't really see Pikmin as a system seller though... The whole series have sold like 3m combined... It's not a big franchise and won't push systems like a new Zelda... But I agree 100% with the rest of your statement!!

Pikmin isn't a system seller but it would've helped get some ninty fans buying it, I mean not even Ninty fans buy 2 NSMB in the same year. There are a certain amount of people holding back and that's because of the surprising lack of 1st party software. Pikmin would've moved at least 100-300k more.

With that reasoning it makes much more sense to release Pikmin right about now to continue the momentum and keeping sales up and stable.

Wander_ said:
DanneSandin said:
Wander_ said:
Gran freakin Turismo 6

Yeah, but how PROBABLE is it that that game will make it to launch? We'll probably see another "prologue" before the real deal...

I think it will be in the launch window. GT5 came out 3 years ago. So obviously they are burning the midnight oil to launch it with the PS4.

Yeah, that would be great news for PS4! Hopefully we won't see it later than 1 year after launch...

Otakumegane said:
720 and PS4 SHOULD launch with MW4 unavailable on PS3 and 360, but that will never happen, and gears is looking to go multi platform.

PS4 gets Versus 13 or Last guardian, possibly Uncharted 4

I honestly don't know what else 720 can launch with, as far as I know Halo is their only 1st pary game.

What game is that pic in your sig from?

OT: They should make the last guardian a Ps4 launch title as well as FF Versus and Metal gear solid ground zero or et least get these games out in the first year. That should move some consoles. Maby throw in an Uncharted or KZ.

Also if ps720 release this year they should make sure they got all the yearly games and big third partys like Cod and Ac day one and not late ports like we saw with the wii u.

Personally i dont really care as long as i get at least one good rpg, but i'm probably not gonna buy at lauch anyway.

Soundwave said:
DanneSandin said:
Soundwave said:

Destiny will be huge IMO, but Microsoft will have others too I'm sure Sony will too. Kinda hard to predict. Perhaps something new from Epic as well (Gears of War last time). 

Also I think CoD/Star Wars 1313/MGS Ground Zeroes, etc. yes they will be on PS3/360, but the PS4/720 versions will basically be the "real" versions, those games are made for higher end PC hardware and will be gimped down to fit the old systems. 

I haven't seen or heard anything about Destiny. All I think I know is that it'll be a new shooter, and as such it'll probably do well.

But having those games on BOTH PS4 and xbox720 (and maybe even Wii U - one can dream, right?!) won't give one console much edge over the other. What exclusives do you think they need to do well?

DanneSandin said:
Soundwave said:
DanneSandin said:
Soundwave said:

I haven't seen or heard anything about Destiny. All I think I know is that it'll be a new shooter, and as such it'll probably do well.

But having those games on BOTH PS4 and xbox720 (and maybe even Wii U - one can dream, right?!) won't give one console much edge over the other. What exclusives do you think they need to do well?

It's hard to say with Microsoft and even Sony to an extent, because they don't rely on older franchises as much. The 360 really gave birth to the phenomenon of Call of Duty right from its launch, which I don't think anyone predicted. 

Destiny is not a shooter it's more like a sci-fi fantasy, think Star Wars (original trilogy). Here's some artwork from it: