By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - China to wage a war with Japan 2013 *special update reuters jan17 20013 article

UnknownFact said:
bonkers555 said:
China never forgot the "The Rape of Nanking". All of Asia want a piece of Japan after World War II, just China got the balls and power to do something about it.

It's funny how everyone are pro-Japanese but don't really understand the relationship between Asia vs Japan. Japan never admit their wrong doing in World War II until recently. It took them 60+ years until someone in power to apologize about the "The Rape of Nanking".

As far as I know there wasn't something like "The Rape of Nanking" in Latin America, but the United States have done things just as bad in Latin America as Japan with Asia.

It took Japan 60 years to apologize, you say? I don't think that's worse than convincing the whole world that they didn't do shit :) (goes without saying that the US haven't apologized and probably never will).

Just like there's some extreme Japanese people who justify some of Japan's past actions, there's some US people who justify the US actions. How does this happen is beyond my understanding, how can someone thing such things are 'right', but I'll leave that to some psychologists in the future.

You cannot condemn Japan for it's past actions without condemning the US as well. I just want to get rid of everyone in this argument that want bad things to happen to Japan, because they would have to want the same things to happen to the USA and with that, I want to get rid of anyone that want bad things to happen to any country.

What the hell you talking about? Everyone in the World want bad things to happen to the United States everyday. But I do understand, this is gaming forum so its ok to be anti-American but you can't be a little remotely anti-Japanese.

@BOLDED, please educate yourself and read this book: "The Rape of Nanking: The Forgotten Holocaust of World War II by Iris Chang" or watch the Documentary movie "Nanking".

Then come back here and tell me what have the United States ever done in Latin America come remotely close as evil as this.

Around the Network

That guy you quoted sounds like a pissed off Weeaboo ^^

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

no war will happen between them

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Japan will win, they have Lelouch, and Near

Mr Khan said:

On topic: it's unlikely to happen. The Chinese and Japanese economies are too entertwined: the Chinese do a lot of exporting to Japan and the Japanese do a lot of investment in China and rely on Chinese imports.

They'll play their brinksmanship game, but nothing will come of it in the end.

Now Colombia and Nicaragua, they're very likely to go to war this year. Ditto Azerbaijan and Armenia.

While I agree the economic factor is important I don't think that will be an impediment if things really heat up, like in Europe the past century. 

By the way I didn't know about Colombia and Nicaragua. Oh man... is there such thing as a time in world's history where there wasn't a war happening somewhere? 

Around the Network

The army should focus on the ability to fight and win a battle...

what were they focusing on before? Sudoku?

oni-link said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Well since japan is allies with the United States and Europe I can see this quickly becoming WWIII and China has Russia backing them.

Well it doesn't look good for us though, EU's economy is in shambles (only Germany seems to get it right) and Japan and the USA are so debt burdened that it would really weaken our resolve.  China is being bold seeing that it has the support of Russia and Pakistan (maybe even Iran) just in case crap hits the fan.  The only other ally the USA has in Asia (that isn't afraid of China or economically dependent on China) is the Philippines.  That one barely has a capable Navy to defend itself (3 Frigates; one WWII vintage, and a dozen Corvettes the newest being 26 years old) let alone help in assisting/defending the Seventh fleet just in  case they need refuge from the fight!!!  Don't get me wrong, the Philippines will provide refuge but I doubt the Phil Navy can protect the Seventh if they do need a place to hide just in case the war goes south for them.

Maybe India could lend us a hand if their was a war. India has a lot to lose if China becomes the next global economic/military power.

Kasz216 said:
The army should focus on the ability to fight and win a battle...

what were they focusing on before? Sudoku?

When you read more Chinese propaganda, this sort of stuff doesn't faze as much. State the obvious, but in a way that sounds patriotic.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

deskpro2k3 said:
whats so important about these islands?

It's the mind set that if you control these islands you control the area around them, AKA the sea round them.

Mr Khan said:

Get all the major cities carpet-bombed, the capital fire-bombed, two cities nuked, then occupied for 7 years?

On topic: it's unlikely to happen. The Chinese and Japanese economies are too entertwined: the Chinese do a lot of exporting to Japan and the Japanese do a lot of investment in China and rely on Chinese imports.

They'll play their brinksmanship game, but nothing will come of it in the end.

Now Colombia and Nicaragua, they're very likely to go to war this year. Ditto Azerbaijan and Armenia.

Not happening mate. Or at least it is not "very likely".

OT: I really thought that this thread was going to be taken more lightly, but some of the thoughts here are just disturbing. And, there is not going to be any war between China and Japan, unless something much more significant happen.