By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "An Unbiased Review" Payday the Heist- A Hawkeyejonjon Review

Hawkeyejonjon said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
you can't rate a game on story when it doesn't have one. your score for story should be N/A.

Well it has a minimal story(each mission begins where the other left off)  I also have to put in 4-5 categories (which i believe has to contribute to the score so if i put N/A for story that will be 3 which it will be one under the requirement).

a minimal story is like a sentence fragment. it's not telling you anything. if you are going to grade it on story, then talk about the games objective in the place of it's story.

Around the Network

I still have this in my backlog from PS Plus. I played the first mission and just didn't really care for it.

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Hawkeyejonjon said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
you can't rate a game on story when it doesn't have one. your score for story should be N/A.

Well it has a minimal story(each mission begins where the other left off)  I also have to put in 4-5 categories (which i believe has to contribute to the score so if i put N/A for story that will be 3 which it will be one under the requirement).

a minimal story is like a sentence fragment. it's not telling you anything. if you are going to grade it on story, then talk about the games objective in the place of it's story.

Well in general this my first non story review so i didn't know what to name it to replace it so i just went with what i knew. How about missions? would that be a good one to replace Story?

Mr Puggsly said:

Sony really dropped the ball on this one. They should gave it a bigger budget, added split screen, and put it on a disc.

Its arguably better than most games Sony puts on a disc and it has a lot more potential. This could have been a hit.

Sony published it on PSN but they didn't develop it.  I doubt they would pumped a lot of money into a game that isn't even an exclusive.  It being split screen or not probably wasn't their call, either.

Hawkeyejonjon said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Hawkeyejonjon said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

Well in general this my first non story review so i didn't know what to name it to replace it so i just went with what i knew. How about missions? would that be a good one to replace Story?

yes, spot on!! can't wait to see wht you come up with.

Around the Network
pokoko said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Sony really dropped the ball on this one. They should gave it a bigger budget, added split screen, and put it on a disc.

Its arguably better than most games Sony puts on a disc and it has a lot more potential. This could have been a hit.

Sony published it on PSN but they didn't develop it.  I doubt they would pumped a lot of money into a game that isn't even an exclusive.  It being split screen or not probably wasn't their call, either.

Sony also published it on the PC. They probably own the IP.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
pokoko said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Sony also published it on the PC. They probably own the IP.

Overkill software owns the ip not sony.

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Hawkeyejonjon said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Hawkeyejonjon said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

Thanks i replaced Story to Missions 

Hawkeyejonjon said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

i also expected to see a score change, but i'm content lol. mock review time...........

missions

it had a very frantic pase based on the type of game it was. it seemed fast and fluid. if you followed close behind your team. you had a moving fortress, but spread out created a pencher attack which is a classic stapple in shooters. not easy in a bank setting, but done right gets the job done. the missions accomplished thier objective providing wht it would be like to have to face the swat team if you were robbing a bank.

score 8.8/10

gameplay

plays like left for dead, but with less lose movement. movement is fluid, but stiff which is likely do to the type of game settings i play. the AI seems a bit sneaky so reaction time is key while having a high attention span. AI seemed random spawning at times.

score 8.5

presentation

definately not ugly. a very good looking game. AI took thier sweet time advancing, but killing them was worth the wait.

8.5/10

genre game mastery

this game doesn't really have a genre. when you look at other games that have heist in them, what genre whould you say they're in? yea sure this game has guns, but that doesn't make it a shooter. P.D.T.H. objective is to put a group of 4 together to see if complete the objective.

even so. grading this game in game mastery is simple though. does it seccessfully get gamers (MAG) to cordinate effectively to accomplish the goal?

i'd say yes.

9/10

mock reveiw.

it's been a while since i played this game, but if you're going to switch from no story to mission, shouldn't the score see some change? are the missions the same level as having no stroy? 

i'm not trying to nit pick, just observant.

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Hawkeyejonjon said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

i also expected to see a score change, but i'm content lol. mock review time...........

missions

it had a very frantic pase based on the type of game it was. it seemed fast and fluid. if you followed close behind your team. you had a moving fortress, but spread out created a pencher attack which is a classic stapple in shooters. not easy in a bank setting, but done right gets the job done. the missions accomplished thier objective providing wht it would be like to have to face the swat team if you were robbing a bank.

score 8.8/10

gameplay

plays like left for dead, but with less lose movement. movement is fluid, but stiff which is likely do to the type of game settings i play. the AI seems a bit sneaky so reaction time is key while having a high attention span. AI seemed random spawning at times.

score 8.5

presentation

definately not ugly. a very good looking game. AI took thier sweet time advancing, but killing them was worth the wait.

8.5/10

genre game mastery

this game doesn't really have a genre. when you look at other games that have heist in them, what genre whould you say they're in? yea sure this game has guns, but that doesn't make it a shooter. P.D.T.H. objective is to put a group of 4 together to see if complete the objective.

even so. grading this game in game mastery is simple though. does it seccessfully get gamers (MAG) to cordinate effectively to accomplish the goal?

i'd say yes.

9/10

mock reveiw.

it's been a while since i played this game, but if you're going to switch from no story to mission, shouldn't the score see some change? are the missions the same level as having no stroy? 

i'm not trying to nit pick, just observant.

Just because i changed a name doesn't mean i will change the score.  i will leave it at 6/10 for missions and i am way to busy with another review to change this review anyways