By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - If You Were In Sony's Position, How Would You Handle The Vita in 2013?

Vita's Best Interest of these choices are.....

$250, 64gig Memory 18 7.63%

$199, 8gig memory 77 32.63%

$179, nothing included 33 13.98%

$200, Free game 33 13.98%

$250,16gig, Free PSN (year) 17 7.20%

Discontinue... 58 24.58%

Total:236

So Your Mr. _________ and Now you work For Sony! Congrats! PS4 is on its way, Things look very good as of now, but those terrible Vita Sales!!!!!

How do you help, save, and deliver for the Consumers while Making a Profit for the Company?

Discuss Mr/Mrs........ (assuming your married lol)

Around the Network

I would rename the Vita to "Vita Turismo"

Brand names sell, nevermind specs and games :P

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Oh dear Tbone.

Ok, what I would do is look at this market with a long-term profit value. Hm...yeah market sales decreasing, tablet/phones....this isn't a sustainable long-term market so I'd say, get to work on 1, that's right 1 piece of extremely unique must-have piece of software for the Vita. After that slowly decrease support over time, you don't have the resources to support a weak platform in a shrinking market.

All-in on PS4, I mean do EVERYTHING you can to beat X720 in software, you lost half the core marketshare last gen don't let that happen this gen. After that's done, do something that enhances the Gameplay by using cross-funtionality and make it good. Get them Vitas off the shelves, make what little profit there is left to make and get out of the market.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Announce a price cut of 1/4 to both the hardware and memory cards immediately, and announce a whole bunch of games for it.
Make the Vita's development kit cheaper, so smaller indie developers start to make games for Vita, while continuing to fund the development of major titles like grand theft auto for it

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

$50 price cut before E3, really push Uncharted Vita 2 in the holiday and really push RS for GTAV to release in the holiday as well if that's in development. Get mobile developers on board somehow, maybe free promotion, free dev kits etc.

Around the Network
Otakumegane said:
Oh dear Tbone.

Ok, what I would do is look at this market with a long-term profit value. Hm...yeah market sales decreasing, tablet/phones....this isn't a sustainable long-term market so I'd say, get to work on 1, that's right 1 piece of extremely unique must-have piece of software for the Vita. After that slowly decrease support over time, you don't have the resources to support a weak platform in a shrinking market.

All-in on PS4, I mean do EVERYTHING you can to beat X720 in software, you lost half the core marketshare last gen don't let that happen this gen. After that's done, do something that enhances the Gameplay by using cross-funtionality and make it good. Get them Vitas off the shelves, make what little profit there is left to make and get out of the market.

So sony should be number 1 in home consoles and drop the handheld market lol

drop the price to 169$ that should do it

the2real4mafol said:
Announce a price cut of 1/4 to both the hardware and memory cards immediately, and announce a whole bunch of games for it.
Make the Vita's development kit cheaper, so smaller indie developers start to make games for Vita, while continuing to fund the development of major titles like grand theft auto for it

So.... The price be $187.49! Round it up $189!!! I agree with the memory but 1/2 instead

tbone51 said:

So Your Mr. _________ and Now you work For Sony! Congrats! PS4 is on its way, Things look very good as of now, but those terrible Vita Sales!!!!!

How do you help, save, and deliver for the Consumers while Making a Profit for the Company?

Discuss Mr/Mrs........ (assuming your married lol)

Price is not the problem, it just doesn´t appeal to people like the psp and ds did. I guess they could get some niche market by releasing games like DEMON´S SOULS 2, since they own the name and all.

Also, they could release a Valkiria Chronicles game, I don´t know man, I don´t think the Vita can be saved.

I have one, and it is really cool, but people are just not interested... It´s sad because the console is light-years better than all the others (3ds, ds and psp). But people just don´t want it....

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

tbone51 said:
Otakumegane said:
Oh dear Tbone.

So sony should be number 1 in home consoles and drop the handheld market lol

At this point they don't really have a choice, they have to be numero uno in the gaming division if they want to carry some of their other products. The handheld isn't helping them either. I'd say the faster they can get Vitas out of storage the better. I'd say the same for Nintendo too in the long-run, no one can deny that the handheld market is shrinking.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)