By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you remember when PS3 was going to dominate Wii/360?

Do you remember the time?

I most certainly do - it ... 80 46.78%

I vaguely remember a foru... 19 11.11%

I remember nothing of the sort 30 17.54%

I don't even understand the OP 17 9.94%

Easter Egg 25 14.62%

Total:171

Yep, analysts had the ps3 as the top dog for the gen... Then sony went and screwed themselves with one the worst launches. The 360 also launched terribly. The wii was the only one with a good launch last time.

Around the Network

Come on Easter Egg...

Yep, I remember sony saying something along the lines of 'next gen doesn't start 'til playstation arrives.' Everyone thought the year head start for MS meant nothing to the mighty Playstation 3. Funny how that worked out.

Sure I remember, then came a giant enemy crab...

No, I just remember wanting a PS3 but not having money for any console. I had friends with 360's shortly after launch but XBL Gold turned me off to it otherwise I would have gotten one since I started to like my original xbox. Once a few friends got a PS3, I really started to like the system even more. I never cared about who dominated what or anything, though people I knew sure liked to point out how much the PS3 "sucks".

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Around the Network

http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread.php/26116-Sony-We-ll-Overtake-MS-in-Early-2007-Dreamcast-Effect-showing-up

There was a translation but all I can find now is the German interview.  Anyhoo, just google "Sony: We'll overtake MS in early 2007"

Next Gen will be even harder for Sony...

They have to support a dead Console wich is Vita and nobody knows how Ps4 will sell but i predict terrible bad just like Vita.

Sony is in its way out, not only on gaming.

Yeah, those were the times man

yes I remember

It was all B-E-L-I-E-V-E this and B-E-L-I-E-V-E that lol

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Next gen might be interesting, as well. All I'm reading now is that Microsoft is expected to dominate.

On topic, I don't really remember. I was a PC gamer at the time and didn't buy a console from this gen until 2009. I do remember Sony catching a lot of flak for their launch price, though, and I remember scoffing at it myself. I thought Microsoft was going to win this generation because of it. Like many others, I was wrong about the Wii.