By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you remember when PS3 was going to dominate Wii/360?

Do you remember the time?

I most certainly do - it ... 80 46.78%

I vaguely remember a foru... 19 11.11%

I remember nothing of the sort 30 17.54%

I don't even understand the OP 17 9.94%

Easter Egg 25 14.62%

Total:171
sales2099 said:

Gamespot forums. They were moderated in a simialr way. So its essentially the same demographic. And besides, when the tables are turned how could we not take advantage of the rules imposed upon us (and Nintendo fans) last gen? It would be a crime not to.

- Believe in the immutable power of lifetime sales. You can't lose an argument if your console has more lifetime sales

- Hardware specs, online, graphics and reliability mean next to nothing if you have the games.

- Head starts are totally fine and legit.

Core points I learned from your ancestors.

Edit: NM, dont want to name names. But theres def PS bullies here.

Gamespot forums? The same demographic? Really? There is so much wrong with that statement that I don't even know where to start. 

And my ancestors? I've seen you go to great lengths to rationalize your behavior, but this is probably the most desperate. There isn't some common philisophy between VGChartz members and another forum's members. Don't try to justify your own ridiculous logic by referring to someone else's ridiculous logic on some other forum.

Not only does that prove you are a follower, but it also proves you follow idiots. And the saddest part is, I think you already know they're idiots, yet you choose to follow them anyway, so you can have someone to fall back on when someone calls you out.

And this also prevents any honest discussion because it allows you to justify any logic, no matter how absurd. All you would have to do is scan the internet looking for some crazy fanboy using that logic, regardless of if that logic is sound. Fortunately that's not how it works; if you want to use someone's logic against them, it has to be their logic, not some unknown, random dudes on a completely different website.

Seriously, the fact that you're just copying other people's broken logic from other websites is just desperation. Not only that, but you're copying users from over seven years ago. And then you try to use their logic today, against an entirely different group of people... I honestly feel sorry for you. Perhaps you should take some time off from the internet to re-evaluate what your purpose is. Seek help.

Around the Network
Jay520 said:
sales2099 said:

Gamespot forums. They were moderated in a simialr way. So its essentially the same demographic. And besides, when the tables are turned how could we not take advantage of the rules imposed upon us (and Nintendo fans) last gen? It would be a crime not to.

- Believe in the immutable power of lifetime sales. You can't lose an argument if your console has more lifetime sales

- Hardware specs, online, graphics and reliability mean next to nothing if you have the games.

- Head starts are totally fine and legit.

Core points I learned from your ancestors.

Edit: NM, dont want to name names. But theres def PS bullies here.

Gamespot forums? The same demographic? Really? There is so much wrong with that statement that I don't even know where to start. 

And my ancestors? I've seen you go to great lengths to rationalize your behavior, but this is probably the most desperate. There isn't some common philisophy between VGChartz members and another forum's members. Don't try to justify your own ridiculous logic by referring to someone else's ridiculous logic on some other forum. Not only does that prove you are a follower, but it shows that you follow idiots. And not just any idiots either, idiots from seven years ago! 

And this also prevents any honest discussion because it allows you to justify any logic, no matter how absurd; all you would have to do is scan the internet looking for some crazy fanboy using that logic, regardless of if that logic is sound. But that's not how it works. If you want to use someone's logic against them, it has to be their logic, not some unknown, random dudes on a completely different website.

Seriously, the fact that you're just copying other people's broken logic from other websites is just desperation. Not only that, but you're copying users from over seven years ago. And you try to use their logic today, against an entirely different group of people... I honestly feel sorry for you. Perhaps you should take some time off from the internet to re-evaluate what your purpose is.

There you go again, waiving your hand, using plausible deniability, and being the white knight saying that your faction is all nice and angels. Please. Acknowledge your peoples history, I have more respect for them then you do, who outright dismisses them.

Id say they are similar forums. The main goers are just like any moderated forum really. Just gamers to seek discussion and debate. Moderators make sure things dont get too out of hand. Saying they are radically different places is ignorant. The same type of people are there as they are here. The only difference is that vgchartz people inherently put more emphasis on sales numbers for obvious reasons.

Your last lines is interesting. My ideas, like it or not, stem from a majority opinion from years past. I believe in them and stand by them. I never buckled to my critics, and intellectual bullies such as yourself. Were all here to have fun, or at least have a amusing destraction from our day. Lighten up. Doesnt mean we can't weave some honest sentiments in our opinions, but remember where we are and the triviality of what were talking about. Your no better then me because your on the same forum as me. At least I am posting this from a nice office job at a University. Don't feel sorry for me as my opinions here do not enter my life when I get off this computer and you dont know me at all in terms of my personal success. Where are you right now?

If theres one thing that slightly gets me, its people makign personal attacks based off talking about video games.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
I have now turned off my ability to think rationally and instead will simply defend myself, challenge Jay in his personal life, and stick my thumb in my ears.

You missed the point entirely. Jay was saying that you are using stereotypes to justify your position. Those stereotypes don't even stem from this website, making it even worse for you.

Stop referring to "your faction" "sony fans" etc, if you have a problem with an individual, cite that individual or respond to that individual, stop grouping all people together - everyone has different opinions, everyone.

I'm glad you finally got rid of that sig.

sales2099 said:

There you go again, waiving your hand, using plausible deniability, and being the white knight saying that your faction is all nice and angels. Please. Acknowledge your peoples history, I have more respect for them then you do, who outright dismisses them.

Id say they are similar forums. The main goers are just like any moderated forum really. Just gamers to seek discussion and debate. Moderators make sure things dont get too out of hand. Saying they are radically different places is ignorant. The same type of people are there as they are here. The only difference is that vgchartz people inherently put more emphasis on sales numbers for obvious reasons.

Your last lines is interesting. My ideas, like it or not, stem from a majority opinion from years past. I believe in them and stand by them. I never buckled to my critics, and intellectual bullies such as yourself. Were all here to have fun, or at least have a amusing destraction from our day. Lighten up. Doesnt mean we can't weave some honest sentiments in our opinions, but remember where we are and the triviality of what were talking about. Your no better then me because your on the same forum as me. At least I am posting this from a nice office job at a University. Don't feel sorry for me as my opinions here do not enter my life when I get off this computer and you dont know me at all in terms of my personal success. Where are you right now?

If theres one thing that slightly gets me, its people makign personal attacks based off talking about video games.

Why do you keep saying "your faction" and "my people"? Those people on those websites do not represent me. They just don't. If one group or person explicitly states that they don't agree with another group, then that's that. You cannot force one group to represent another group, no matter how much you want them to.

They may be similar forums, but they contain entirely different people who have made different posts using different logic. Like I've said earlier, if you could justify logic by finding similar logic on a different website, then that would allow you to justify any asinine logic. Surely, you can see the problem with that? Can't you?

Also, since you didn't contest it, you must agree with me that you are following the logic of idiots on another website. Is that true? Yes it is true, and it's a desperate attempt to attain justification.

Don't worry about where I am.

dsgrue3 said:
sales2099 said:
I have now turned off my ability to think rationally and instead will simply defend myself, challenge Jay in his personal life, and stick my thumb in my ears.

You missed the point entirely. Jay was saying that you are using stereotypes to justify your position. Those stereotypes don't even stem from this website, making it even worse for you.

Stop referring to "your faction" "sony fans" etc, if you have a problem with an individual, cite that individual or respond to that individual, stop grouping all people together - everyone has different opinions, everyone.

I'm glad you finally got rid of that sig.

I go by memory and use "like-minded" individuals as a basis. I frankly dont have the time nor want to literally treat this as a essay and cite everything I say with a works cited page. Your editing of me isn't fair. He attacked me personally first, which was uncalled for.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
Jay520 said:
sales2099 said:

Why do you keep saying "your faction" and "my people"? Those people on those websites do not represent me. They just don't. If one group or person explicitly states that they don't agree with another group, then that's that. You cannot force one group to represent another group, no matter how much you want them to.

They may be similar forums, but they contain entirely different people who have made different posts using different logic. Like I've said earlier, if you could justify logic by finding similar logic on a different website, then that would allow you to justify any asinine logic. Surely, you can see the problem with that? Can't you?

Also, since you didn't contest it, you must agree with me that you are following the logic of idiots on another website. Is that true?

Don't worry about where I am.

Theres no unity, or brothers in arms, or comaderie? Thats a very distressing thought to think that the PS faction is just a bunch of individuals. Sorry for elevating you guys to a level that your telling me never existed.

Gamespot is moderated just like here. Based on that people put their hardcore fanboy emotions in check just like here.  I figure that alone makes the posts similar in nature.

I agree that I believe what a majority of PS2 fans believed years ago. Calling them idiots is your choice, but thats calling your own faction idiots......but then again your telling me theres no unity so you dont care.

Don't make personal attacks on me when were talking about video games, very trivial stuff. I don't know your age, where your at right now, your gross income yearly, etc. but if you wanna go personal again Id be happy to go personal back at you.

sales2099 said:

Theres no unity, or brothers in arms, or comaderie? Thats a very distressing thought to think that the PS faction is just a bunch of individuals. Sorry for elevating you guys to a level that your telling me never existed.

Gamespot is moderated just like here. Based on that people put their hardcore fanboy emotions in check just like here.  I figure that alone makes the posts similar in nature.

I agree that I believe what a majority of PS2 fans believed years ago. Calling them idiots is your choice, but thats calling your own faction idiots......but then again your telling me theres no unity so you dont care.

There are some idiots in every "fanbase." It's stupid to use the logic of the idiots against the entire fanbase.

Since when does moderation decide how logical a userbase is? Gamespot is a run-in-the-mill, mainstream website. We here at VGChartz tend be at least more informed about the market. 

You still haven't responded to this: If you could justify logic by finding similar logic on a different website, then that would allow you to justify any asinine logic. Surely, you can see the problem with that?

Why can't you make your own logic on what you thinks makes the most sense? You need to stop copying the logic of others; doing so makes it difficult to take you seriously, especially when you copy logic that makes no sense. And the sad part is, I think you know their logic makes no sense, yet you chose to copy them anyway. Why?

Jay520 said:
sales2099 said:

There are some idiots in every "fanbase." It's stupid to use the logic of the idiots against the entire fanbase.

Since when does moderation decide how logical a userbase is? Gamespot is a run-in-the-mill, mainstream website. We here at VGChartz tend be at least more informed about the market. 

You still haven't responded to this: If you could justify logic by finding similar logic on a different website, then that would allow you to justify any asinine logic. Surely, you can see the problem with that?

Why can't you make your own logic on what you thinks makes the most sense? You need to stop copying the logic of others; doing so makes it difficult to take you seriously, especially when you copy logic that makes no sense. And the sad part is, I think you know their logic makes no sense, yet you chose to copy them anyway. Why?

My beliefs stem from rational as well as the "idiots". I offcourse then tweak them to make them my own. That's just me.

Anybody can be informed. Gamespot users go to other sites for news all the time. You act like the users there are from a different country or ethnicity or something. Here and there are both mostly comprised of North Americans, some UK. Different web sites isn't like some country or cultural barrier. Its used by the same demographic more or less.....people just tend to pick one forum as their go-to forum.

I agree with that "If you could justify logic by finding similar logic on a different website" but the second part depends solely if the source material elsewhere can be applied. I find it silly your using the equivalent of "red tape" or "border jurisdiction" to essentially lock out the rest of the internet, when its really just the same people as us....just on different sites.

My logic is my own. I took the PS2 logic and tweaked it. I take parts they said and adopted it with my own. My sentiments aren't 100% theirs, merely used as a basis. Simply, it was 1st place logic.

Still sad to see that there is actually no respect for prior gen brothers or unity/comraderie today. As far as I recal Nintendo and Xbox fans are more tight.

Keeping an eye on this one.