By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - To All Of Those People Think The New DmC Sucks. Think Again

Tagged games:

What Do You Think Of The New DmC ?

By Far The Best DMC I Seen Yet 25 20.16%

It Was Pretty Average 10 8.06%

It Didn't Live Up To My Expectation 3 2.42%

It So Dissapointing 8 6.45%

Simply Garbage 59 47.58%

Dante New Hair Is Ugly 9 7.26%

Who Cares !! 10 8.06%

Total:124

Some of you haters think this game suck ? Well think twice again :)

IGN : 8.9/10

Gamespot : 8/10

Giant Bomb : 5/5

EGM : 9.5/10

Destructoid : 9/10

Hardcore Gamer : 4.5/5

Gametrailers : 8.5/10

Strategy Informer : 8/10

Verdict :

IGN :

Long-time Devil May Cry fans unsure of Ninja Theory's treatment can abandon their fears. DmC hurls Dante into a newer, better world, complete with a glorious combat system and enough style to make old Dante proud.

This is digital action at its finest, steeped in the blood of angels, spiced with gunpowder, and garnished with a middle finger.

• +Sick combos
  • +Superb style
  • +Spectacular visuals
  • No lock-on
  • Campaign cut short

Giant Bomb :

I brought no personal baggage to Ninja Theory's take on Devil May Cry, having played and enjoyed the original game way back when but then steering clear of the series after its poorly received second entry. Whether you're a longtime fan (with an open mind) or a total newcomer just looking for a solid character action game, it's hard to imagine anyone feeling overly dissatisfied with this new game. It's almost wholly successful at what it tries to do, and seems like the start of a promising new direction for what was otherwise a nearly forgotten franchise.

Gamespot :

The Good

• Tight, enthralling, and deep combat   
  • Big variety of weapons and enemies  
  • Imaginative demon designs   
  • Convincing voice acting   
  • Reboots the series without compromising its soul.

The Bad

• Boss battles aren't nearly as fun as regular combat   
  • Some minor graphical glitches  
  • Ending doesn't live up to the rest of the story.
DmC succeeds both in its story and in its brilliant combat, and it looks the business too, despite a few minor glitches and the more colour-soaked levels looking like they've spent a little too much time in an Instagram filter. Sure, you may baulk at Dante's trendy new haircut, or maybe even miss a little of that B-movie Devil May Cry insanity, but the heart of what makes the series so enticing and so much fun to play holds true here. DmC pulls off that unlikely reboot trick of feeling fresh and inviting while still holding onto what made the original series so appealing and so special. There's no point in looking back: Dante has got a brand-new future in front of him, and if DmC: Devil May Cry is anything to go by, it's going to be a great one.

EGM :

DmC is everything a reboot should be—confident, thoughtful, and brazenly unafraid to sacrifice a few sacred cows along the way. For all the backlash they’ve had to face, developer Ninja Theory has delivered the most polished, refreshing, and memorable hack-and-slash experience in recent memory.

• THE GOOD: Stylish combat that manages to be highly technical without sacrificing accessibility.
  • THE BAD: A story that tries a little too hard to “stick it to the man.”
  • THE UGLY: The demoness Lillith, who looks suspiciously like she’s wearing Anna Nicole Smith’s skin as a onesie.

And none of it had a score of 8 below. I bet those people who hated this game either didn't even play it and just follow other people opinion. Just give this game a try and i think you will like it. Yeah it isn't the same as the other DMC game just because Dante had his hair changed or different settings. But it still maintain those slick n awesome gameplay + it has one of the best visual i seen in a DMC game. 

METACRITIC : 86% [ PS3 ] 86% [ XBOX 360 ]

GAMERANKINGS :

86.70% Overall Rank: 948
Xbox 360 Rank: 117
2013 Games Rank: 1
2013 Xbox 360 Rank: 1
Score based on 23 reviews

86.00% Overall Rank: 1098
PlayStation 3 Rank: 122
2013 Games Rank: 3
2013 PlayStation 3 Rank: 1
Score based on 10 reviews

Around the Network

yay n.n

I didn't wanna look at anything online from this game (including reviews) to avoid spoilers/whatever, but this is great news :)

As if the hardcore "fans" would care. Read the comments on any article about the game on N4G, they don't give a shit about these reviews

KHlover said:
As if the hardcore "fans" would care. Read the comments on any article about the game on N4G, they don't give a shit about these reviews

Yeah fans or people that comment at N4G don't even bother playing the game and just blantantly bashing how bad the game is without actually trying it. Or maybe it is because the game suck just because Dante look is different ~_~

miz1q2w3e said:
yay n.n

I didn't wanna look at anything online from this game (including reviews) to avoid spoilers/whatever, but this is great news :)

Haha indeed i only look review just to see the scores & verdict that all, don't like to read a very long paragraph sentence. If i want to know the story,i just buy the game and play it. Hopefully the game sell well though :)

Around the Network

Personally, I thought DMC4 sucked. The only DMC I never finished. I was pretty excited for the remake.

d21lewis said:
Personally, I thought DMC4 sucked. The only DMC I never finished. I was pretty excited for the remake.

Haha really ? Then i guess you never play DMC 2 then since it one of the worst DMC ever. DMC 4 is quite alright and a nice addition to let us play as Nero as the main hero instead of Dante all the time. 

I can't wait to get my copy.

Kawaiix33 said:
d21lewis said:

Haha really ? Then i guess you never play DMC 2 then since it one of the worst DMC ever. DMC 4 is quite alright and a nice addition to let us play as Nero as the main hero instead of Dante all the time. 

Yeah, I bought DMC2 and beat it.  I thought I made that clear.

d21lewis said:
Kawaiix33 said:
d21lewis said:

Yeah, I bought DMC2 and beat it.  I thought I made that clear.

Haha alright didn't see it carefully my apology xD If you able to finish DMC2 then how come you can't finish DMC4 then ? What so bad about DMC 4 ?