By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The PS3 / 360 gap is now less than 2 million. Is it inevitable PS3 passes 360 in 2013?

Will the PS3 pass the 360 in 2013?

Yes, and it will pass it early in the year 45 34.62%

Yes, but it will take a w... 62 47.69%

No, Microsoft will have a... 10 7.69%

It will be close / tie 10 7.69%

The PS3 will never pass the 360 Lifetime 3 2.31%

Total:130

This console cycle is dying at a rapid rate.  However with the World wide gap now less than 2 million between the PS3 and 360 is it only a matter of time that the PS3 passes the 360 in 2013?

Or will the 360 somehow successfully hold the PS3 off until it can release it's next generation console?  While most will probably think the PS3 will rapidly surpass 360 sales I can't help but wonder if it will take longer than most people think.  With console sales slowing unbelievably 2013 should post some record bad sales numbers for the HD twins.

So simply put, will the PS3 pass the 360 this year or canMicrosoft hold them off till next gen starts?

Around the Network

First we need to wait for the Quarter numbers...Then we know how much vgchartz was right or wrong...

It won't matter because once it does pass the 360 people will automatically go in defense mode and say how it took them 6 years to do it and the PS2 sold 150m blah blah blah. Yes, I can predict the future.

Guys I haven't been on this site for ages so this might be a stupid question. I was looking around for sales and saw that as of Sep 2012 PS3 sold 70.2 and the 360 sold 70, is that true?

KingofRome said:
It won't matter because once it does pass the 360 people will automatically go in defense mode and say how it took them 6 years to do it and the PS2 sold 150m blah blah blah. Yes, I can predict the future.

Weve been saying this for years.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
KingofRome said:

Weve been saying this for years.

Yes this is true but it will be much more relevant when it actually happens, don't you think?

i honestly think the numbers are undertracked worldwid. MS has 360 numbers at 70 million shipped by spetember. if current numbers are true then MS shipped abot 4.5~5 million in Q4 and having about 800K~1.3M on shelves. last year MS shipped 8 million, your really saying it could fall from 8 Million to 4.5/5 million shipped? same concept goes for the PS3 and their 70M shipped at the beginning of novermber

i honestly think the numbers are undertracked worldwid. MS has 360 numbers at 70 million shipped by spetember. if current numbers are true then MS shipped abot 4.5~5 million in Q4 and having about 800K~1.3M on shelves. last year MS shipped 8 million, your really saying it could fall from 8 Million to 4.5/5 million shipped? same concept goes for the PS3 and their 70M shipped at the beginning of novermber. so until offical shipments from MS/Sony come out we cant really judge

Talal said:
Guys I haven't been on this site for ages so this might be a stupid question. I was looking around for sales and saw that as of Sep 2012 PS3 sold 70.2 and the 360 sold 70, is that true?

no. sony announced that as of 4th of novermber the PS3 shipped 70 million. MS announced that at the end of Sepetember (Q3) the 360 shipped 70 million. basically the PS3 was just a month behind

Lostplanet22 said:
First we need to wait for the Quarter numbers...Then we know how much vgchartz was right or wrong...

When are we gonna have them?