By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - When will PS4 get its first official pricecut?

When?

Within 1 month 4 8.70%

Less than 3 months 1 2.17%

Less than 6 months 1 2.17%

Less than 12 months 19 41.30%

Too late. Discontinued PS4 21 45.65%

Total:46

Based on home console sales history, the mass market price is around $300 USD.

According to all the gaming forum sales analysts, PS4 will be much more powerful than the WiiU. Naturally, the price will be higher.

Even the WiiU is selling at a loss, PS4 will follow suit.

Gaming forum sales analysts also suggested that Sony can't take a beating in loss per unit like PS3 did and should be no higher than $50 loss at launch.

That's conflicting, PS4 must be much more powerful than WiiU but at the same time cannot launch at massive price.

On top that, there's the doom and gloom of console gaming due to tablet, iphone, etc.

And then there's also the problem of, PS3 is good enough, for many people. Our gaming forum sales analysts also expected PS3 to drop its price further to boost sales and to beat the Wii's lifetime World wide.

Naturally, we would end up with a lack luster in sales and expecting an official pricecut.

Will Sony delay the pricecut like they did PSV? Will that be too late, like the PSV?

Around the Network

I predict it will be after it's launch.

You can't be serious? The PS4 hasn't even been announced yet, but your asking when the price cut is going to be? 0_o

Lame. People only talk about LT sales of the PS5 right now. -.-

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

PS4 either launches at $400 while taking a $100 loss or it launches at $500 breaking even.

but It really needs to launch at $400

i hope they can make a beast enough console at $400 while not taking a huge loss though

Around the Network

D0ming the PS4 as a response to Wii U d0me threads. Exceedingly clever.

TeddostheFireKing said:
You can't be serious? The PS4 hasn't even been announced yet, but your asking when the price cut is going to be? 0_o

Exactly my thought, bothers me too that people are 100% certain that it will be announced and released this year too.

Galaki said:

Based on home console sales history, the mass market price is around $300 USD.

According to all the gaming forum sales analysts, PS4 will be much more powerful than the WiiU. Naturally, the price will be higher.

Even the WiiU is selling at a loss, PS4 will follow suit.

Gaming forum sales analysts also suggested that Sony can't take a beating in loss per unit like PS3 did and should be no higher than $50 loss at launch.

That's conflicting, PS4 must be much more powerful than WiiU but at the same time cannot launch at massive price.

On top that, there's the doom and gloom of console gaming due to tablet, iphone, etc.

And then there's also the problem of, PS3 is good enough, for many people. Our gaming forum sales analysts also expected PS3 to drop its price further to boost sales and to beat the Wii's lifetime World wide.

Naturally, we would end up with a lack luster in sales and expecting an official pricecut.

Will Sony delay the pricecut like they did PSV? Will that be too late, like the PSV?

Thats not how it works. WiiU includes the GamePad which is probably taking around $100 of the total price. PS4 will not include any similar accessory, just a controller and probably a $5 cheap headset. That way a 349 PS4 would be much more powerful than a 349 WiiU. They could then sell it for 399 and make $50 on every unit sold.

see galaki.. you can't make funny threads not off topic anymore here on vgchartz.. people get upset and they will hunt you down for this..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Too soon to say. My guess would be 2015's holiday season.