By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FFXIII BLOWOUT!!----AMAZING!

@leo-j

Didn't Sony themselves claim K2's videos and screens were real time? I'm sure the game will look beautiful when you play, all I'm saying is that it won't look as beautiful as these pictures show.

3DS FC: 1306 6473 7511

Nintendod Network ID: xsorenx

Add me for Pokemon, New Leaf, and Fire Emblem, Mario Kart 8.

Around the Network

wtf does KZ2 have to do with FF XIII man?

mM
leo-j said:
wtf does KZ2 have to do with FF XIII man?

The poster appears to be trying to suggest that if one developer doctored the pictures that another may do so as well.

Does anyone really consider Squeenix that unethical?

Fine, Leo-j. These pics show EXACTLY how the game will look in real time...
Don't show any disappointment when the graphics don't quite reflect these screens (except cutscenes, of course).

I don't dislike Sony, I just find it hard to believe that a real time pic of any game this generation can have so much detail (I'm looking at the pictures of close ups to characters' faces. If I'm wrong, I'll be happy to take everything I've said back.

3DS FC: 1306 6473 7511

Nintendod Network ID: xsorenx

Add me for Pokemon, New Leaf, and Fire Emblem, Mario Kart 8.

Didn't people make the same comments about Heavenly Sword images and closeups of her face being in game and it turned how they were much better than what the end product looked like?

Around the Network
darconi said:
Didn't people make the same comments about Heavenly Sword images and closeups of her face being in game and it turned how they were much better than what the end product looked like?

If it's in-game, awesome.

If it's not, no one should be surprised by these tactics anymore.

epsilon72 said:
leo-j said:
The ingame ones are all of the ones except the first magazine scan.

This? In game? Fat chance!

Lol, no, is not ingame the sutil change of tone the face, due to the light, is called SSS, or sub-surface scatering, only used in prerenderer scenes... besides, there is no sign of the edges, you can easily see edges in almost every single game out there...

Soft shadows, ilumination, light reflections in the hair, reflections in the gun, etc...

The clothes are so detailed in the surface,roughts, position, etc, no is not ingame...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

For those who don't know what Subsurface scattering is -clicky

It'll be a long time before a console is able to do that in real time.

Has anyone posted the Cloud Trailer for this?

http://www.stage6.com/user/Gily_Ire/video/2076397/Final-Fantasy-XIII:-Cloud-Trailer-%5B1080p%5D

there aren't trailers for these scans >_