By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 sales surpass Xbox 360 (Shipped Numbers)- report

SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
so anyone know whens the next time we get shipments? should be soon shouldnt it?

March/April. Maybe.

Around the Network
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
so anyone know whens the next time we get shipments? should be soon shouldnt it?

MS should be giving Q4 2012 numbers in a week or two.  Nintendo will give their shipments the week after.  Then Sony, the week after (usully comes in the first week or two of Feb).

@ OP

Something tells me they got these numbers wrong.  I would think the best Sony could hope for is to tie the 360 in shipments, not yet pass them.  Then again, maybe Sony made sure to get out enough of the Super Slim SKUs.  That and they may also have a price cut scheduled sometime soon.

seems like these numbers are wrong, how much times is this gonna happen, I've been expecting ps3 to overtake 360 for 3 years now, i have to say Microsoft put up one hell of a fight.

Real shipping numbers will be out soon... so yeah.

I'll wait for each companies actual quarterly reports and do the math. But with VGC being so close, it could be that Sony have surpassed or is really close when looking at shipped values only.

ninjablade said:
seems like these numbers are wrong, how much times is this gonna happen, I've been expecting ps3 to overtake 360 for 3 years now, i have to say Microsoft put up one hell of a fight.

Sony has been whooping the 360's ass ever since 2008. The only time the 360 sells more is in the last half of the holiday season. You better believe.

Around the Network

That is most likely incorrect. I'll wait for Microsoft and Sony to officially announce their numbers for the 4th quarter.
Anyways, it'll still happen sometime in mid-late 2013, and when it happens, then I will congratulate Sony and PS3 fans.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

thismeintiel said:
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:

MS should be giving Q4 2012 numbers in a week or two.  Nintendo will give their shipments the week after.  Then Sony, the week after (usully comes in the first week or two of Feb).

@ OP

Something tells me they got these numbers wrong.  I would think the best Sony could hope for is to tie the 360 in shipments, not yet pass them.  Then again, maybe Sony made sure to get out enough of the Super Slim SKUs.  That and they may also have a price cut scheduled sometime soon.

i think sony are anticipating some strong sales the next few months. theres alot of big releases and theres gotta be a price cut along with it. time to give the PS3 one last final push!

Wander_ said:
ninjablade said:

Sony has been whooping the 360's ass ever since 2008. The only time the 360 sells more is in the last half of the holiday season. You better believe.

MoHasanie said:
That is most likely incorrect. I'll wait for Microsoft and Sony to officially announce their numbers for the 4th quarter.
Anyways, it'll still happen sometime in mid-late 2013, and when it happens, then I will congratulate Sony and PS3 fans.

Are you arabic? if so i thought that the arab world was dominated by Sony to the roots. Strange seeing an arabic dude who likes Xbox :0

Wander_ said:
ninjablade said:

honestly i think both systems are great, although i only owned a 360 this gen, i'm hoping to get a ps4 nextgen, but if only if it has better specs or at leat on par with the new xbox.