By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 sales surpass Xbox 360 (Shipped Numbers)- report

zhao3gold said:
Playstation 3 was shipped approximate 6.5million in Q4 of calenda year 2011. If I were not wrong, this year all consoles had some declines. PS3 might have the smallest decling trend comparing to its competitors, so maximumly PS3 might be shipped < 6.5million through October to December, 2012.

Based on IDC report, PS3 was shipped roughly 7million in 2 months. It seemed wrong considering the decline. But it is too difficult to finalize it. If Sony really shipped 7million+ through Q4, it might be over shipped the consoles, just like what people said about X360 last year.

"PS3 was shipped roughly 7million in 2 months. It seemed wrong considering the decline. But it is too difficult to finalize it. If Sony really shipped 7million+ through Q4, it might be over shipped the consoles, just like what people said about X360 last year."

if that Has been the case than Sony has over shipped every 3rd Quarter for d@mn near every 3rd Quarter since 2009?

FY2009 -6.5 + Q4-2.2 = 8.7 from the end of Aug to the end of Feb

FY2010-6.3 + Q4-2.1 = 8.4  from the end of Aug to the end of Feb

FY2011-6.5 + Q4-1.9 = 8.4 from the end of Aug to the end of Feb

So LTD # UPTO THE END OF Aug 2012 was 70.2 million shipped

Even taking the Lowest it's Been for Q3 for the past 3 year's it would still have the PS3 shipped to the 76.5 Million total shipped without

including Dec 2012 Number's

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

Around the Network

People, in fact it is very simple to understand.

In Q4 of 2011, MS shipped 8.2m X360 in order to deliver their claim being No.1 worldwide of 2012;
In Q4 of 2012, Sony shipped 8m+ PS3 in order to overtake X360 in the shipment figure.

Both shipment figures may not reflect the market demands, but it will bring the milestone to the two giants.

Who ever you are Sony fans or MS fans, firstly, we are gamers. We need to appreciate to both giants for this great and remarkable generation.

7 million for the quarter (October to December) is what I expect to PS3 ships... It's fine and ok.

But 7 million from 4th November to December is really hard to believe... that's give us near 9 million for the quarter.

slowmo said:
Godchild1020 said:
slowmo said:
Not a chance, there is no way they would outship Microsoft and not announce it imo.

I can see from this thread what we can expect from the next year or two as people fall over themselves to announce its outsold the 360 only to be knocked back numerous times due to adjustments and incorrect figures.

How can they announce they shipped more then Microsoft, if Microsoft hasn't publicly announced how much they shipped yet? I would believe they would let the Media do that as well. IMO

IGN has reported the news as well, but they feel a little off by it as well, because they don't know if they got the info from Sony or Microsoft.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/10/report-ps3-surpasses-xbox-360s-worldwide-shipped-total?abthid=50ee5936086a498939000044

The same way Microsoft could announce they outsold Sony last year, they have their own reporting figures way more accurate than these "estimates" which in case you haven't gathered they predicted the 360 in the past to hit around 40 million LTD so hardly have a record for accuracy.  Feel free to pop your champagne and celebrate all you like though guys.  IGN posted the link becuase it will generate a lot of hits and ad revenue, they don't care if it's factually correct or not as they will not take the hit for the inaccuracy, the IDC would when they announce a correction in future. 

I'll gladly doth my cap to the PS3 outshipping the 360 if the official Sony and Microsoft figures show this though in the next few weeks.

I wasn't on the internet when they predicted the LTD sales of the 360. I don't see a reason to pop champagne just yet or ever. The shipment over the 360 or the Wii won't put money in my pocket or take money out of it.

Let's remember this... “Report” is a lovely word for journalists – it’s basically used the same way as “rumor”, but it sounds more credible, leading to more ever-important clicks due to the power of a misleading title.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/01/07/report-ps4-announcement-not-coming-in-february-sigh/

Somini said:
radiantshadow92 said:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/10/report-ps3-surpasses-xbox-360s-worldwide-shipped-total

posted on ign

Thank you. Now, let's just wait a little for the first post who will discredit IGN as well....

perhaps you should read and recognize they cite the same source. repeating false numbers doesn't make them right.

Around the Network
PlaystaionGamer said:
kowenicki said:
PlaystaionGamer said:
Fantastic come back! It was only a matter of time

Also before any Xbox fans reply doing damage control I be leave IDC over your opinion or using vg data which is not very well reported when it comes to some parts of Europe (Sonys big territory)

1. What does VGC have to do with shipped numbers?

2. We will have official shipment numbers in the next few weeks.  This will be right or wrong very soon, OFFICIALLY.  If Sony man up and release actual data that is, unlike the last two quarters.

Damage control. Damage ccontrol

cool story bro, PS3 finally where it deserves to be :) have a lovely day

second, way behind nintendo? perhaps :)

kowenicki said:
GameAnalyser said:
kowenicki said:
GameAnalyser said:
Now VGChartz should be checking and updating accordingly. It's time for the adjustments. I still believe PS3 is under tracked by atleast 1mn margin.

how long have you thought this for?

Post Q4 2011.

Then we have a problem.....

First column is shipped, second column is sold, 3rd column is the difference:

How can there be more sold than shipped?

If VGC is a million off then in March then shipped would be 63.93 and sold would be 64.45 = 520k more sold than shipped.

If VGC is a million off then in June sold would be 66.07 and shipped would be 65.63 = 440k more sold than shipped.

So you can see why your belief is impossible and you are wrong.

First of all, to initiate a clear debate over this issue, I would like to know where the shipped numbers  are coming from. What sources do  you use to put up those numbers in that shipped column? Post the links and I'm open to discuss.

Nintendo better be putting "Pandora's Tower" (in America) or something out for Wii because with only ~21 million consoles now separating them from PS3 and the biggest games of 2013 including the top multiplat games and the biggest exclusives of the year headed its way the PS3 is saying "Feed me More!" and "You're Next!"

man this popcorn is delicious

kowenicki said:
PlaystaionGamer said:
kowenicki said:
PlaystaionGamer said:
Fantastic come back! It was only a matter of time

Also before any Xbox fans reply doing damage control I be leave IDC over your opinion or using vg data which is not very well reported when it comes to some parts of Europe (Sonys big territory)

1. What does VGC have to do with shipped numbers?

2. We will have official shipment numbers in the next few weeks.  This will be right or wrong very soon, OFFICIALLY.  If Sony man up and release actual data that is, unlike the last two quarters.

Damage control. Damage ccontrol 

cool story bro, PS3 finally where it deserves to be :) have a lovely day 

Whats a cool story?  The fact that the official numbers come out in a few weeks?

Are you disputing this?  What if the official numbers disagree? 

I'm surprised so many people are hanging their hat on this given it is completely unofficial. 

Now most sensible people, like my good self, are saying lets wait and see - powder dry.  if its right then fine, no problem from me.  If its wrong?

No it's cool your desperate to try and play it down.. Again. Why are you here? PS3 has past the Xbox.. And considering almost everyone who brought a 360 in the first 2 yeas brought a new one due to RROD I think this really happened a LONG time ago. 

Your even trying to say this huge company that has run for 48 years is completely rubbish.. It's clearly doing better then you are and your knowledge of business you like to boast (think) you have. 

Again, have a great day!