By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 720 Specs: Eight-core CPU, 8 GB RAM, Windows 8 Kernel?

cusman said:

If Destiny is on X360 and Xbox-Next... would I really be compelled to upgrade hardware?

I assume most other 3rd party games will be similarly released for X360/PS3 + Xbox-Next/PS4

The baseline requirements for some games are barely able to fit into the PS3/360s hardware budget already. There will be soon many next gen titles that just won't work on this gen especially due to the ram. Its this gens biggest weakness and there is a limit to how much you can do with it. PS4/720/PC will get titles that soon simply cant run on PS3/360s. 

Around the Network
BenVTrigger said:
If true the 720 is going to be a monster.

Thats some seriius horsepower considering consokes dont have near the background tasks running like a PC does. And are much easier to optomize game engines for. If the 720 carries this power we are going to see a huge leap next gen

Of course we are. Were you expecint them to be on par with Wii U or something?

HappySqurriel said:
I think this rumor is still too vague to really say anything about it, after all a CPU with 8 cores similar to the XBox 360 would be good by not that amazing and the 8xxx series of GPUs has a massive range of performance.

the only problem is its an amd gpu thats not even out, its a powerful console that should cost microsoft 450$ from what i read at neogaf, were looking at 10x, current gen, which is great, bring it on.

osed125 said:
ninjablade said:
Bladeforce said:
All that power (For a console) and all you are going to get are re hashes like Call of Duty 10 or Halo 13, it's starting to sound like a series of Jaws movies now, pretty dire

LOL, yes what are you looking forward, take away mario and zelda, and what do you have with wii u, no third party support and last gen graphics, atleast on the new xbox  we will get every single third party game with amazing graphics, not mention halo5, forza5 and gears of war 4 which will all be amazing games.

I do not agree with bladeforce, but your comment is probably even more ignorant than his and mostly based on opinions.

not really all signes point to wii u being a wii but with bad sales. i know mario and zelda are great but being stuck  with 7 year old tech is just nasty.

cusman said:

If Destiny is on X360 and Xbox-Next... would I really be compelled to upgrade hardware?

I assume most other 3rd party games will be similarly released for X360/PS3 + Xbox-Next/PS4

The whole point is to build a fanbase on 360 then when the next game in the series is exclusive to the next-gen consoles, they'll upgrade.

Around the Network
ninjablade said:
osed125 said:
ninjablade said:
Bladeforce said:
All that power (For a console) and all you are going to get are re hashes like Call of Duty 10 or Halo 13, it's starting to sound like a series of Jaws movies now, pretty dire

LOL, yes what are you looking forward, take away mario and zelda, and what do you have with wii u, no third party support and last gen graphics, atleast on the new xbox  we will get every single third party game with amazing graphics, not mention halo5, forza5 and gears of war 4 which will all be amazing games.

I do not agree with bladeforce, but your comment is probably even more ignorant than his and mostly based on opinions.

not really all signes point to wii u being a wii but with bad sales. i know mario and zelda are great but being stuck  with 7 year old tech is just nasty.

No one on this site thinks the PS4 and the 720 will be on par with the Wii U, we all know those consoles are going to be more powerful. 7 year old tech is not true at all, especially considering the Wii U specs are highly modified version of their retail counterparts and also highly optimized. You should learn a few things on here.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=136756&page=1

Nintendo and PC gamer

RaiderMX said:
ethomaz said:
Just to add.

I can't believe the NextBox will use a 8000M... that's a weak GPU with ~900 GFLOPS only...
I think the Xbox 8 wiill use the desktop version HD 8000 with over 2000 GFLOPS.

You mean AMD HD8800, their latest GPU? That isn't even available on store shelves yet. (?)

Neither Xbox 8.

I mean the future HD 8800 desktop version and not the M.

Netyaroze said:

Yes why not the 88xx series is a perfect fit for next gen regarding die/tdp if 78xx series is anything to go by.

Especially here were alot of people have very conservative views regarding next gen power people will be shocked. A machine with similar silicon/tdp as 360/PS3 was at launch would be really strong in 2013 giving highend gamer pcs (single gpu) a run for their money.

The actual HD 8800M is a mobile version based in the HD 7800 series... Xbox will use a desktop version of 8800 in 28nm.

Of course that just my guess.

The HD 8800M have ~900 GFLOPS... too weak... the desktop version is new and it is supose to have over 2000 GFLOPS.

ethomaz said:

Netyaroze said:

Yes why not the 88xx series is a perfect fit for next gen regarding die/tdp if 78xx series is anything to go by.

Especially here were alot of people have very conservative views regarding next gen power people will be shocked. A machine with similar silicon/tdp as 360/PS3 was at launch would be really strong in 2013 giving highend gamer pcs (single gpu) a run for their money.

The actual HD 8800M is a mobile version based in the HD 7800 series... Xbox will use a desktop version of 8800 in 28nm.

Of course that just my guess.

The HD 8800M have ~900 GFLOPS... too weak... the desktop version is new and it is supose to have over 2000 GFLOPS.

yes, between 3-4 TFLOPS:

Birimbau said:

yes, between 3-4 TFLOPS:

If that happen then I will be so much happy.

But I expect the NextBox and PS4k GPU to be around 2.5 TFLOPS... with console optmizations that power will destroy even the top PC at least in the first year .