By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 720 Specs: Eight-core CPU, 8 GB RAM, Windows 8 Kernel?

Something like that is going to be it. MS is pretty ambitious this gen and want to position a mighty hardware everywhere for all their services. It might be not long until silicon as we know it runs out. And who knows what the future will bring after that.

I am sure Sony will release a Hardware on that level too. The next 3-4 years will be interesting.

Around the Network

Im gonna wait and see, those specs would pack a solid punch, but a solid punch on the wallet also.

Check out my Youtube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePSXcollector

The latest rumor is the OS have reserved 1 core plus 1GB RAM... seems reasonable and cool.

ninjablade said:
Bladeforce said:
All that power (For a console) and all you are going to get are re hashes like Call of Duty 10 or Halo 13, it's starting to sound like a series of Jaws movies now, pretty dire

LOL, yes what are you looking forward, take away mario and zelda, and what do you have with wii u, no third party support and last gen graphics, atleast on the new xbox  we will get every single third party game with amazing graphics, not mention halo5, forza5 and gears of war 4 which will all be amazing games.

I do not agree with bladeforce, but your comment is probably even more ignorant than his and mostly based on opinions.

Nintendo and PC gamer

People, let's remember that contracts work well for smartphones because they are not only a portable device that you can carry with you at all times, but also devices that are used for communication above all other functions, no matter the amount of extra features besides that. Especially important as tools in people's professional lives.

Consoles are a far cry from that and people already have many monthly fees weighing on their monthly pay. Is the blue ocean willing to accept another one for an entertainment device, costing probably upwards of 400 or 500 euros/dollars that is not portable and even though it incorporates many different media functions, is mainly for playing videogames?

I'm of the opinion that contracts for consoles will not be a very successful business strategy for any of the console makers.

Around the Network

Just to add.

I can't believe the NextBox will use a 8000M... that's a weak GPU with ~900 GFLOPS only...
I think the Xbox 8 wiill use the desktop version HD 8000 with over 2000 GFLOPS.

ethomaz said:
Just to add.

I can't believe the NextBox will use a 8000M... that's a weak GPU with ~900 GFLOPS only...

You mean AMD HD8800, their latest GPU? That isn't even available on store shelves yet. (?)

RaiderMX said:
ethomaz said:
Just to add.

You mean AMD HD8800, their latest GPU? That isn't even available on store shelves yet. (?)

Yes why not the 88xx series is a perfect fit for next gen regarding die/tdp if 78xx series is anything to go by. 

Especially here were alot of people have very conservative views regarding next gen power people will be shocked. A machine with similar silicon/tdp as 360/PS3 was at launch would be really strong in 2013 giving highend gamer pcs (single gpu) a run for their money.

If Destiny is on X360 and Xbox-Next... would I really be compelled to upgrade hardware?

I assume most other 3rd party games will be similarly released for X360/PS3 + Xbox-Next/PS4

I think this rumor is still too vague to really say anything about it, after all a CPU with 8 cores similar to the XBox 360 would be good by not that amazing and the 8xxx series of GPUs has a massive range of performance.