By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Please get rid of the garbage off topic posts in gaming forums

Hi, basically my problem with the site is the number of garbage off topic posts in the gaming forums.  For example I just clicked on a thread called "Microsoft raises an army" expecting some kind of new game announcement only to find it's another garbage off topic post about Microsoft vs Google. 

I realize that the mods already have a lot on their plates but it would be nice not feel like I have to wade through off topic garbage everytime I come here since it's already hard enough to find meaningful videogame discussion.

Around the Network

Off topic is why I come here....

EDIT:

I am sorry, I only read the title. And yeah I get your point now , you want MS forums to be GAMING RELATED ONLY. 

Cub said:

So wouldn't it be better for you if they have such discussions posted in the proper forums? 

I don't really see any downside in them making it easier for people to find what they come to the website for.

yes people should post something like that in the off-topic section, i'm happy we have here many discussion which aren't about gaming. i don't really want to be a member of 500 forums, i'm a regular member of two and don't want to be on more but people should only post in the gaming section if it's about gaming.

Legend11 said:
Cub said:

So wouldn't it be better for you if they have such discussions posted in the proper forums? 

I don't really see any downside in them making it easier for people to find what they come to the website for.

I am sorry, I only read the title. And yeah I get your point now , you want MS forums to be GAMING RELATED ONLY, fair enough I guess :)

Around the Network
Cub said:
Legend11 said:
Cub said:

I am sorry, I only read the title. And yeah I get your point now , you want MS forums to be GAMING RELATED ONLY, fair enough I guess :)

the microsoft discussion is only gaming related, it's a subsection of the "gaming forum"

and it's even mentioned

"Xbox / 360, Halo, XBL, Live Arcade - keep it all in here!"

not "windows, msn and skype"

Pretty sure you can change which boards appear on the Hot Topics list

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

I have been saying this forever. We have got to clamp down non gaming related shit in the 4 gaming forums. Thats includes sales AS A FORUM ALREADY EXIST FOR THAT. This site is a mess from top to bottom. Alot of things can be done to make sure there is a place for everything not just some cluster fuck.

Just report the thread so a mod would be aware.

superchunk said:
Just report the thread so a mod would be aware.

I think you missed the point. Currently, the site allows for what hes taking about.