By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: Wii U to dominate & PS4 to fall behind - Jan. 2013

Wii U's not going to have Tomb Raider the Definitive Version or Grand Theft Auto V The Definitive Version ( which will be announced in the near future ) or Titanfall Game of the Year Edition ( if it warrants one which will be coming to Playstation 4 just like Bioshock did in the 7th Gen ) or Grand Theft Auto VI and many other third party games which will be coming to PS4 but not to Wii U.

Now it's true that people still love Nintendo's franchises but with each release in the same old series people just get a little more tired of them while new franchises ( ie. developed on the other consoles within the past few years continue to grow in popularity ) while Nintendo hasn't come up with a new core franchise in decades and the casuals aren't going to buy their casual games in the same numbers that they did on the Wii.

To make a long story short, with some hefty price cuts and by appealing to the kiddy demographic, Nintendo could pull it off, but I hope they don't.

Around the Network
EdHieron said:

Wii U's not going to have Tomb Raider the Definitive Version or Grand Theft Auto V The Definitive Version ( which will be announced in the near future ) or Titanfall Game of the Year Edition ( if it warrants one which will be coming to Playstation 4 just like Bioshock did in the 7th Gen ) or Grand Theft Auto VI and many other third party games which will be coming to PS4 but not to Wii U.

Now it's true that people still love Nintendo's franchises but with each release in the same old series people just get a little more tired of them while new franchises ( ie. developed on the other consoles within the past few years continue to grow in popularity ) while Nintendo hasn't come up with a new core franchise in decades and the casuals aren't going to buy their casual games in the same numbers that they did on the Wii.

To make a long story short, with some hefty price cuts and by appealing to the kiddy demographic, Nintendo could pull it off, but I hope they don't.

I like how u say Nintendo releases the same old series while 2/3 of ur examples for other consoles belong to 15-20 year old franchises and are updated ports lol

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
EdHieron said:

I like how u say Nintendo releases the same old series while 2/3 of ur examples for other consoles belong to 15-20 year old franchises and are updated ports lol

"Uncharted," "God of War," and "The Last of Us" on PS4 and even "Halo" on Xbox aren't 15 to 20 years old.  Mario, Donkey Kong, Zelda, Samus, Mega Man, they were all around before I could drive a car and that was a long time ago.  Where's Nintendo's hard core adventurer hanging out with ladies with fine asses like Nathan Drake, or their Kratos with all of his violent and bloody struggles and hot sexual encounters?   

finally someone with similar predictions!! i thought i was the only one in here! :)

i think gap will be close, but WiiU the winner

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Nintendo is still unable to create new Franchises to interest many new people and they rely on old Franchises popularity and peoples addiction to that games for earning profits. I don't think they will last if they go this route for long time and also they made Wii U less powerful and different architecture which made no 3rd party support and users prefering superior version of being released 3rd party games in PS4/Xbone.

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.

Around the Network
*Sound Of Rain said:
psrock said:

Take a deep breath. No..........MS dominates the UK, NA and still loses yearly. Its been 4 straight years...

I actually see the PS4 being the GC of next gen, we will see.

Beautiful, simply beautiful ^^

EdHieron said:
zorg1000 said:
EdHieron said:

"Uncharted," "God of War," and "The Last of Us" on PS4 and even "Halo" on Xbox aren't 15 to 20 years old.  Mario, Donkey Kong, Zelda, Samus, Mega Man, they were all around before I could drive a car and that was a long time ago.  Where's Nintendo's hard core adventurer hanging out with ladies with fine asses like Nathan Drake, or their Kratos with all of his violent and bloody struggles and hot sexual encounters?   

Lol I wasnt disagreeing with u, just saying u chose bad examples in ur last post

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Xone has the most chances to take third place. the other two are harder but ps4 should be second.

Turkish said:

The Wii U is off to a slow start in Europe but this will improve in time. Once the big games start coming, so will the sales. This will be close between all 3 and there will be no clear winner in Europe.

In the U.S, I see it being a battle between Wii U & 720. The Wii U will sell slightly better IMO with the 720 in a very close 2nd. Sony is losing presence in the U.S.

LOL PS4 crushed Wii U sales within hours in Europe and probably passed it in NA by now as well. Should probably post this thread in the dictionary next to the word "fail".

it should prove hard to pass wii u in NA while selling less.

Cold-Flipper said:
This is odd...

I saw the thread title and started to laugh. Once I realized it was my old prediction, I was like "oh"

In all fairness, this prediction was before anything was known about the systems. I've always made crazy stupid predictions before I should because that's what makes them entertaining.

I have learned a lot this year as a person overall and "system wars" are not only completely pointless but dumb as well.

Besides that, I now realize why the Wii sold so well and why Wii U is struggling. I think their own HH market is hurting it.

Anyway, I don't post much anymore but decided to post for all of you wanting to get my take on the thread. Well, here you go :)

You're an alt of sound of rain?