By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How can Nintendo win you over at E3/2013?

Here's people getting hyped for E3 again only to be disappointed once it comes. This happens every year. :P

Around the Network
KungKras said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
KungKras said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
KungKras said:
[...]

Why no Aonuma?

Love the rest of the list :)

There are so many reasons why, and many articles from many writers that sums up my opinion of Aonuma, but I think Malstrom made the most extensive one  :)

Damn, that is one serious rant. I only skimmed the article, but it seems like he wants Zelda to return to the mechanics of the first three Zelda games? And he thinks there's too much fluff and puzzle-solving?

I have to stand up for Aonuma, only because I think all the games he's worked on are excellent games. Some of them are all-time greats. "Modern Zelda," as Malstrom calls it, is in many ways superior to the original three games.

The three first games AND Ocarina of Time. Then Aonuma got power over the series.

I agree with him, because I love every game up until Ocarina of Time, after that, every Zelda has stopped feeling like Zelda, and just felt wrong and boring. Especially their move from epic fantasy to more of an anime style.

Even Twilight Princess? It's basically a love letter to Ocarina.

POE said:

It will be ready for christmas time this year. Im sure of it

Yep. GDC announcement like the ones for DS and E3 full trailer to be released this holiday season.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Veknoid_Outcast said:

They thought that they could just replicate the artistic style, and that that will make it as fun as Ocarina, but they messed up the gameplay so bad in that one. It almost feels like my intelligence is insulted when people say TP is like Ocarina. I've played that game, and it is no Ocarina, not even close.

I LOVE ICELAND!

KungKras said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

They thought that they could just replicate the artistic style, and that that will make it as fun as Ocarina, but they messed up the gameplay so bad in that one. It almost feels like my intelligence is insulted when people say TP is like Ocarina. I've played that game, and it is no Ocarina, not even close.

Well, Ocarina is my #1 game, so I agree with that. But Twilight Princess is certainly the closest to it cosmetically and thematically.

I suppose we should just agree to disagree. I do hope that the next Zelda will be something that fans on both sides of this divide can enjoy.

Around the Network

Only thing that would possibly even get me interested is perhaps Zelda Wii U or if they have massive 3rd party exclusives, which I doubt.

sc94597 said:
Here's people getting hyped for E3 again only to be disappointed once it comes. This happens every year. :P

Indeed. The big 3 love to disappoint us.

pokoko said:
Honestly, as someone who doesn't care much for platformers or games that lack some degree of complexity in terms of characters or storyline, the Wii left me cold. I had this feeling like Nintendo didn't really care if they had me as a customer or not. It was like they waved a hand at me and sent me to the back of the third-party line.

For the Wii U to really win me over, and to have a chance at being my primary console, Nintendo is going to have to show me that they're serious about wanting me as a customer.

- Prove to me that Bayonetta 2 is not a token core game for mature gamers. Nintendo would have to extend the scope of their first-party offerings in terms of genre -or- show that they're going to work closely with second- and third-party developers to produce exclusives of the same type and substance as you see with Sony or Microsoft. That means a few IPs along the lines of Halo, Gears, GoW, Uncharted, Valkyria Chronicles, Disgaea--you get the picture. I want variety, which is where I feel Nintendo lacks.

- Prove that they're not just mimicking PSN/Xbox Live. The Nintendo online experience can't be seen as a slightly goofy little brother going into next gen. It has to stand out on its own merits. The Miiverse thing, or whatever it's called, honestly sounds like a good start, but they're going to have to continue building up a competitive and expanding service.

- Next gen third party games. Right now, I don't really care. Crysis 3 or GTA 5? I don't care, I already have a machine for this gen. However, if the Wii U turns into another Wii, with extremely limited support for next gen multi-platform games, then I probably won't get one, or I'll get one late as a second console.

- RPGs. This is an area where the Wii U should continue what the Wii started at the end of its life cycle and transform itself into the premier place for Japanese RPGs. Project Rainfall was seriously the first time I considered buying a Wii. More quality RPGs and I'll be interested.

- Less Mario and more Metroid/Zelda/something new. No, don't argue with me, I can't stand Mario and no one is going to change that. I hate that Nintendo systems sometimes just feel like vehicles for Mario games. People talk about Playstation not having a mascot, but I happen to love that fact, that all the different characters represent the brand. I want other Nintendo IPs to step-up their game and to be important factors in the Nintendo landscape going forward.

- The last point is less about the Wii U than about the other two. In short, the Wii U is going to have to hold its own after the PS4/720 are unveiled. If they blow it out the water, then I'm sorry, it's game over. If those other two are underwhelming/over-priced, though, then the Wii U is right back in the picture. Basically, I'm not going to buy the first console out in a generation, probably ever. I'm going to wait and compare and buy the one that hits the most bullet points.

My thoughts exactly. Look at the 3DS, it has nothing other than a whole bunch of crappy Mario games from various series. I don't want to see, or touch a Mario game until the next real 3d game (SM3DL was awful). 

Variety is something that has bothered me greatly. They seem to only make platformers these days. Bring out some of your other franchises Nintendo, variety is king. PS3 was my favorite console this gen, because look at the amazing variety of games, and game genres. 

New First Party AAA Exclusive

Without order nothing can exist - without chaos nothing can evolve.

"I don't debate, I just give you that work"- Ji99saw

sc94597 said:

Of course, it's tradition.