By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will we see Nintendo domination again?

Will we see Nintendo return to former home console glory?

Yes, WiiU should dominate for a long time 54 25.84%

Yes, WiiU should at least... 49 23.44%

No, I don't see WiiU dominating many weeks 40 19.14%

No, WiiU will be dominated 56 26.79%

Other 9 4.31%

Total:208

aren't new consoles suppose to outsell last gen. consoles.

lets wait for wk5 sells to come in this wk so we cab gauge the potential nintendo domination happening or not.

Around the Network

When did they stop? You might be new to gaming so oyu may have missed it but they have a portable console called the 3DS that is currently dominating the charts across the globe...

Before asking a question maybe you should look into it first to see if you have a valid point.

Asking if the currently dominating gaming company is going to dominate again when they never stopped only puts questions on you as a knowledgable gamer, not Nintendo.

kumagawa said:

No because the Wii didn't sell because of Nintendo's main game franchise's it sold because of the novelty of motion control mixed with the simplicity of Wii Sport/Fit/Play.

And that novelty is GONE! the gamepad has no real novelty value as everyone has already used a touchscreen to play games.

Nintendo has only 2 audiences with the WiiU parents buying for there children and long time Nintendo fans and we have seen with both the N64 and Gamecube that those audiences are not that big.

I think you'll be surprised at how wrong you are when the Holiday roles around. Nintendo titles (Mario, Zelda, etc.) still have a huge affect on sales.

Wander_ said:

They didn't say anything about the Vita, so when they blamed the low ps2/psp sales they meant the Vita Hmmm..........

Just think about it. How can 2 machines that cost them almost nothing but do create revenue through games and such cost the entire division money?

And I don't care what Sony says. Numbers say a lot more. A new handheld that's been selling worse than the Dreamcast can only be costing a company a lot of money.

selling a missive amount to a completely different install base is not what I consider dominating, especially when the others continue to not give a shit about said install base

better statement would be will it sell more than the other two, to which the answer is who cares?

Around the Network

I don't think we will ever see a "domination" like the PS2. I will say that unless one of the console manufactures f*cks up in something the sales between the big 3 will be relatively similar. 

Nintendo and PC gamer

I think Nintendo could have a period of home console domination, mostly because it launched first and will (likely) be the cheapest system. I don't know if it will be Wii-like though.

Well, I expect nextxbox can dominate Wii U and PS4, but I know it is not realistic.

I don't think we will see Wii U dominate anything...........

Check out my Youtube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePSXcollector

nextgen should look like this

PS4 100 million
720 95 million
wii u 30 million