By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - NSFW Discussion - Do you ever just feel like ending it?

JWeinCom said:
Roma said:
JWeinCom said:
Roma said:
I actually long for death not because I'm not happy with my life or suicidal but because I want to see the other side

Might be disappointed.

because?

I think that death is just the end.  Like before you were born.  Only thing that seems likely to me.  Hopefully I'm wrong.

If so then how can he be dissapointed?  If death is just the end and you cease to exist and your nothingness.  How can he be dissapointed.  He is nothing, thus can't be happy, pissed, dissapointed, or anything.  

That's what I find dumb about say athiests or people who like to say something like "we'll see who's laughing when there is no heaven/hell" or something to that extent.  If they are right, and its just nothingness, then nobody is laughing, nobody even gets a 1/infinity of a second to even be like "ha i was right"  Its just over and nothing.  

Now I'm not saying they can't be right or even want to discuss what is afterlife, just saying why do they care?  If their right, they have no way of getting any satisfaction in being right.  It's like winning a bet by dying.  You don't really win.

Around the Network

In my eyes as long as you have your health than you should be able to live a a great life.

I was walking down along the street and I heard this voice saying, "Good evening, Mr. Dowd." Well, I turned around and here was this big six-foot rabbit leaning up against a lamp-post. Well, I thought nothing of that because when you've lived in a town as long as I've lived in this one, you get used to the fact that everybody knows your name.

irstupid said:
JWeinCom said:
Roma said:
JWeinCom said:
Roma said:
I actually long for death not because I'm not happy with my life or suicidal but because I want to see the other side

Might be disappointed.

because?

I think that death is just the end.  Like before you were born.  Only thing that seems likely to me.  Hopefully I'm wrong.

If so then how can he be dissapointed?  If death is just the end and you cease to exist and your nothingness.  How can he be dissapointed.  He is nothing, thus can't be happy, pissed, dissapointed, or anything.  

That's what I find dumb about say athiests or people who like to say something like "we'll see who's laughing when there is no heaven/hell" or something to that extent.  If they are right, and its just nothingness, then nobody is laughing, nobody even gets a 1/infinity of a second to even be like "ha i was right"  Its just over and nothing.  

Now I'm not saying they can't be right or even want to discuss what is afterlife, just saying why do they care?  If their right, they have no way of getting any satisfaction in being right.  It's like winning a bet by dying.  You don't really win.

Eh. Poor choice of words on my part I guess.  Like I said though, I wouldn't get any satisfaction about being right.  I'd much rather be wrong and go to heaven or whatever than be right and be dead dead.

irstupid said:
JWeinCom said:
Roma said:
JWeinCom said:
Roma said:

Might be disappointed.

because?

the fun part is if there is an after life and they missed they opportunity to obey and thus end up in hell and so those who obeyed God will have the last laugh

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Roma said:

irstupid said:

the fun part is if there is an after life and they missed they opportunity to obey and thus end up in hell and so those who obeyed God will have the last laugh

That's a laughing matter? Seems pretty sadistic to me.

If there really was a hell I'd feel sorry for those who are forced to spend an eternity there. No crime is worth an eternal punishment.

Around the Network
Roma said:

It's not a binary choice. The Norse gods wouldn't care at all whether you were Christian or areligious, if you didn't die in battle then gg no re.

Is this turning into a religious debate...? I wonder if it'll play out...

@Soleron What is gg no re?

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
Roma said:

irstupid said:

That's a laughing matter? Seems pretty sadistic to me.

If there really was a hell I'd feel sorry for those who are forced to spend an eternity there. No crime is worth an eternal punishment.

yes it is a laughing matter because you guys have had people telling of what is going to happen if you do not obey yet you chose not to believe it

btw I'm only using "laughing" because it was mentioned in the quote as he stated how the atheists would laugh at the believers

I don't think I would enter heaven if I was going to literally laugh at burning people

Soleron said:
Roma said:

It's not a binary choice. The Norse gods wouldn't care at all whether you were Christian or areligious, if you didn't die in battle then gg no re.

the Norse Gods are human made!

1: they act like humans

2: they each where created representing something like thunder or whatever.

3: they look human

4: there can't be more than one god or ells they would fight over who has the power.

they are like humans but with super powers -_-

tonymarraffa said:

The last few weeks I've been feeling hopeless and nothing really can take away the extreme feeling of emptiness that surrounds me. I have like this real feeling of dread. All I wanna do is sleep. I watch tv and I cry at the smallest things. Memories hurt. Days seem like an endless circle of disappointment. I think of death all the time. I'm lonely. No matter where I am I feel like I'm not comfortable in my skin. I read something here today that hurt my feelings and I don't know why it would. I miss the good times, years ago when I felt like I mattered, when the future was open when happiness was still possible. Oh well

Whenever you start to feel that way, identify something in your life that could be better, and start working on it.

A good starting point would be health and fitness. Working out can give you more motivation, boost your endorphin levels, give you companionship from other people who are also working out, make you more "comfortable in your own skin", improve your self-confidence and more thick-skinned to others' comments, and potentially help you in the long run in attracting a partner. It can also give you short- and long-term goals and give you a sense of achievement.

But that's not the only option available. Depending on your life situation and your interests, you might be interested in going back to school, or taking up a sport, or an instrument, or trying to learn a language. You might put yourself out there in terms of dating. You might look at the armed forces if it's something you'd be into.

In short, use the sense of "emptiness", of incompleteness, to drive you to fulfill yourself, to improve yourself. And if none of that helps, go and see a doctor, let them know about the feeling and get them to check your hormone levels, your chemical balances, etc - it's possible that the feeling is due entirely to, for instance, a sodium-potassium imbalance, which is something that is easily treated with supplements.