By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 13-14.Wii U will show teeth!!

NintendoPie said:
It should be quite a fantastic year for the Wii U, but can Nintendo deliver? Especially during Q1-Q2 which seems to be where Nintendo drops off a cliff recently.

Yes, they can deliver. I am way more worried about third party support but that is not Nintendo's fault they provided a capable console, with easy to use development tools, maybe they can do more to encourage West developers to include WiiU skus in their production, but there is nothing else I can see in the short term future.

Around the Network

You forgot that a new Monolith game is coming to Wii U.

NintendoPie said:
snowdog said:
You can be sure they're going to release some big guns in November/December this year in an attempt to scupper the launches of the PS4 and 720. I'm expecting any two of the following:

1) Mario Kart U
2) 3D Mario
3) Retro's new game
4) Monolith Soft's new game

We'll probably see another Bayonetta 2-esque Megaton too.

We'll also see teasers of the new Zelda and two of the four titles I've listed above that aren't due for release in November/December I think.

For some reason I don't see a Mario Kart U happening this year. They'll want to save that for next year when Sony and MicroS are both on the market.

Yup, that's why I said two out of the four will be released in November/December. The other two will be teased for the following year.

flagstaad said:
NintendoPie said:
It should be quite a fantastic year for the Wii U, but can Nintendo deliver? Especially during Q1-Q2 which seems to be where Nintendo drops off a cliff recently.

Yes, they can deliver. I am way more worried about third party support but that is not Nintendo's fault they provided a capable console, with easy to use development tools, maybe they can do more to encourage West developers to include WiiU skus in their production, but there is nothing else I can see in the short term future.

That's something I'm also questioning. Third party support right now is ok, I hope that it continues.

What is 13-14? I'm expecting a lt of awesome stuff to come. A big mario, maybe f-zero and some really good third party stuff. i really want something totally original and i think a few are on their way. Absolutely nothing has been anounced post-launch, there's gonna be an avalanche soon to try to kill other new systems.

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
flagstaad said:
NintendoPie said:

That's something I'm also questioning. Third party support right now is ok, I hope that it continues.

Western third parties will probably be very iffy, but I see the Japanese third party support going to WiiU.  And seriously, this doesn't look like Wii all over again to me.  Right now I feel people are jumping to conclusions way too soon.

JTurner82 said:
NintendoPie said:

They could be hiding stuff we don't know about, but I agree, waiting until more games are announced CAN be frustrating.

finally someone gets it.

KeptoKnight said:
JTurner82 said:
NintendoPie said:

They could be hiding stuff we don't know about, but I agree, waiting until more games are announced CAN be frustrating.

finally someone gets it.

Well, so far I have very little reason to believe this is going to be Wii all over again.  Some people are much too skeptical.

Well, given recent Wii and 3DS releases I guess Nintendo must have been working on something.

Hopefully they will show off many games this E3, including those in the early stages of development.

The real question will be will nintendo shine during e3 when next box and PS4 will anounce?Will next box and PS4 steal nintendo the show?