By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What are your hobbies besides gaming?

TheLastStarFighter said:
That is an outstanding drawing KungKras! I hope you continue to pursue this. I used to do a lot of drawing when I was younger, and have started painting a little of late.

I have a lot of interests besides gaming. I'm very physically active, playing hockey and soccer and other sports and going hiking, skiing, kayaking, that sort of thing. I also play music on the side - mostly jazz/swing - and I love good movies. I write books when I find the time, and I like to do a lot of socializing. Also, I love automobiles.

Thanks ^^

While I'm at universtity, my time to make drawings is very limited. But I'm thinking about exploring the possiblity to do something artistic after I've gotten my engineering degree, to get a little variety :D

I LOVE ICELAND!

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
KungKras said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Drawing (I need to practice more though, my shading sucks!)
Reading (Just finished A Clash Of Kings in the Song of Ice and Fire series a.k.a Games of Thrones)
Working out (Haven't worked out in 3 weeks because of laziness and the holidays but it's back to the routine next week)

One mistake that is very common is that many people use very light shades of grey which only blends into an even lighter shade of gray. I don't know if you do that, but a tip when shading is to make sure that the darkest areas are really dark (like near-black), and the lightest areas are left completely white. (if you're not drawing in colour) And then have the shading smoothly blend from the darkest to lightest where the there aren't hard edges.

I think my problem lies with making the shading gradual. Instead of a smooth progression from very light to dark, I usually get visible demarcations between the grades.

I've found that it helps to keep shading into the parts you've already shaded, so you start with the darkest, and then your do the second darkest but keep moving the penn into the darker region and back a bit for every lighter shade you make.

Don't know if I explained it well, but I hope it helps ^^

I LOVE ICELAND!

1) Eating Pussy
2) F**king Pussy
3) Reading fiction
4) Boning my girlfriend
5) Doing contemporary art

RareglovE said:
1) Eating Pussy
2) F**king Pussy
3) Reading fiction
4) Boning my girlfriend
5) Doing contemporary art

I like that you separated "eating pussy" and "fucking pussy" from "boning my girlfriend" xD

I LOVE ICELAND!

JEMC said:
KungKras said:
JEMC said:
Back when I had time I used to make model kits, mostly tanks and WWII planes (I have a 1:48 B-29), but now I don't have time and even if I had, I no longer have putty or paints to do it .

Now it's mostly TV shows and a bit of reading... and VGChartz, ofc.

What tanks have you made? Any Köningstigers?

Unfortunately no, I made a Tiger 1 and 1 Panther from the german side.

Other tanks that I made are M-4 Sherman, M-60 Patton, Leopard II A4, T-62 and T-80. Most of them at 1:35.

The ones I always wanted to do but couldn't find were the Merkava (mostly the Mk II) and the T-34 or the Joseph Stalin. And now that I no longer make them I found a store that have it. Oh, the irony!

Nice. The german WWII tanks, especially the later ones are by far my favourite from that period. They're not only fearsome in battle (King Tiger even holds up well to modern standards) they're named after my favourite group of animals :D

I LOVE ICELAND!

Around the Network
KungKras 7 minutes ago
TheLastStarFighter said:
That is an outstanding drawing KungKras! I hope you continue to pursue this. I used to do a lot of drawing when I was younger, and have started painting a little of late.

I have a lot of interests besides gaming. I'm very physically active, playing hockey and soccer and other sports and going hiking, skiing, kayaking, that sort of thing. I also play music on the side - mostly jazz/swing - and I love good movies. I write books when I find the time, and I like to do a lot of socializing. Also, I love automobiles.

Thanks ^^

While I'm at universtity, my time to make drawings is very limited. But I'm thinking about exploring the possiblity to do something artistic after I've gotten my engineering degree, to get a little variety :D

-I'm an industrial engineer. I work as a c-executive for a large organization. A lot of engineers that I know or went to school with had artistic ability of one kind or another, particularily a knack for drawing. As someone who works with a lot of numbers, financials and other business headaches, artistic pursuits after work are a life-saver. Playing music for me is awesome. When you graduate and are working, hopefully you can use your talent as much as possible! It helps to avoid taking work home and becoming one-dimensional as a person.

KungKras said:
TruckOSaurus said:

I think my problem lies with making the shading gradual. Instead of a smooth progression from very light to dark, I usually get visible demarcations between the grades.

I've found that it helps to keep shading into the parts you've already shaded, so you start with the darkest, and then your do the second darkest but keep moving the penn into the darker region and back a bit for every lighter shade you make.

Don't know if I explained it well, but I hope it helps ^^

I'll try it out for sure.

Signature goes here!

Aside from gaming my interests are;

-Studying languages (Mainly Japanese at the moment, though I'm slowly going into Indonesian and will go into others after that).

-Listening to AKB48/Kyary Pamyu Pamyu.

Both of which I do a lot more of than gaming nowadays since I'm saving every bit of money I get so I can move to Japan and so can't buy as many games.

Acting (Film/Theater) and Fashion.

I used to do fashion styling full time. Due to my acting schedule currently, I'm doing it freelance only.

I play the piano as well. Learnt it since I was 5 years old and stopped when I was 19 after I got my Associate Diploma.

You are the answer to every prayer I've offered.

You are a song, a dream, a whisper, and I don't know how I could have lived without you for as long as I have.

Basketball
Acting
Piano
Guitar
Working Out
And I have a small obsession with eating healthy