By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Should I trade in my WiiU?

yes

Around the Network
Weedlab said:
I wouldn't encourage anybody who bought one already to trade it in just yet. I'd tell them to have patience. I will get one after a price drop or closer to the release of games like Zelda and Smash. Even if the third party support isn't strong relative to the other systems, I think Nintendo's first party games are more than enough to keep most Wii U owners happy.

I feel the same, but I think 2014 will be the year of the Wii U as far as the best titles available on the platform for first party. Thats when I think i'll realistically be sniffing around in Nintendos direction. A current gen Zelda with next gen controller would be awesome.

What games did you purchase??? I bought NSMBU, ZombiU, Trine 2 and Scribblenaughts for the kids (which I admit is fun) which are all exceptional games with replay value imo. Was there something particular about the console you did not like because I really can't comprehend at this point why anyone would want to trade it in.

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

I dont think i will be purchasing any console right by launch unless Sony give me a very good reason to get a PS4 at launch. A good established Sony ip would do it for me. Jak n Daxter would make me shell out

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Nirvana_Nut85 said:
What games did you purchase??? I bought NSMBU, ZombiU, Trine 2 and Scribblenaughts for the kids (which I admit is fun) which are all exceptional games with replay value imo. Was there something particular about the console you did not like because I really can't comprehend at this point why anyone would want to trade it in.

What about if someone already has all of the hottest third party titles the Wii U has on their PS3 or 360? For Nintendo it will come down to first party.

Around the Network

Only released game on WiiU I have is Nintendo Land.
Not interested in anything else other than Warrior Orochi 3 Hyper but I can't justify paying $60 for it.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:

What about if someone already has all of the hottest third party titles the Wii U has on their PS3 or 360?

Personally, I do not beleive that most people went out and purchased a Wii U for 3rd party games like AC3 and BLOPS 2 but for games like the exclusives I mentioned above. The system itself (minus loading times) for me was worth the purchase alone as it has become the head entertainment console in my house for movies, t.v, internet browsing etc as it is a hell of alot more engaging (imo) in comparison to the features of the PS3 or 360 (although I can't what Sony & M$ will have for their new systems)

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

Totally on board with you there.

photo sharing sites

You should trade it in for a Handheld

The Dyson DC34 sucks harder then you could imagine

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Weedlab said:
I wouldn't encourage anybody who bought one already to trade it in just yet. I'd tell them to have patience. I will get one after a price drop or closer to the release of games like Zelda and Smash. Even if the third party support isn't strong relative to the other systems, I think Nintendo's first party games are more than enough to keep most Wii U owners happy.

I feel the same, but I think 2014 will be the year of the Wii U as far as the best titles available on the platform for first party. Thats when I think i'll realistically be sniffing around in Nintendos direction. A current gen Zelda with next gen controller would be awesome.

Agreed. Bayonetta 2 and Pikmin 3 are not sufficient to coax me into making a purchase. I will likely do so in 2014 when their AAA games should release. In fact, I will probably get the PS4/Orbis/whatever it will be called before the Wii U, especially if the system has strong launch window titles.

Yea, I'm a Zelda nut so a current gen one would really be awesome - be it in the style of Wind Waker or like that tech demo they showed (more so the latter, of course).

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS