By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The official No More Heroes Thread

Me said:
after reading IGN review I feel kinda sad, been looking forward to it for so long now all I can think off is frame rate and control issues but mainly I know the lack of mission restart will really annoy me to the point of throwing controller off the wall.

The wife and I literaly spent days when the wii first launched on some of the very last Tony Hawks downhill jam missions just retrying over and over again - this gives you so much satisfaction when one of you finally does it and the other is on the edge of their seat egging you on.

Why deliberetly remove that from a game? I just dont get it

Make sure you read some other reviews as well, and get a broad range of opinions, before you decide to purchase it or not. Reviews are only opinions, and most of them, including the IGN review, is largely positive.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

How the hell is this game scoring so high? I know the game isn't that good. I say it's just reviewers tossing out high scores because of hype.

I'll probably get this before the week is out. I don't want to buy new games now... but i'm afraid if i don't it will be impossible to find.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Me said:
after reading IGN review I feel kinda sad, been looking forward to it for so long now all I can think off is frame rate and control issues but mainly I know the lack of mission restart will really annoy me to the point of throwing controller off the wall.

The wife and I literaly spent days when the wii first launched on some of the very last Tony Hawks downhill jam missions just retrying over and over again - this gives you so much satisfaction when one of you finally does it and the other is on the edge of their seat egging you on.

Why deliberetly remove that from a game? I just dont get it

Make sure you read some other reviews as well, and get a broad range of opinions, before you decide to purchase it or not. Reviews are only opinions, and most of them, including the IGN review, is largely positive.

It's not IGN's opinion that the missions dont have a retry option is it?  you're right they are only opinions but thats a very important feature to me - it makes all of the needless driving around worth while and it is a deal breaker for me personally and if it's absent from this game then i'll probably just rent it.

I mean whats wrong with the traditional "would you like to try again?" then if you dont want to retry - you select No.  The reason it's traditional is it works for a lot of people, hell you could even offer it is an in game option to switch the ability to retry missions On or Off.

grandmaster192 said:
How the hell is this game scoring so high? I know the game isn't that good. I say it's just reviewers tossing out high scores because of hype.

you are just upset because you claimed you'd get it if it averaged higher than 8.4, now that it has you will need to go back on your word and not purchase it.. because you lied, and you knew you were never going to buy it

Enjoy it guys, i'll be waiting over a month for it to reach australia

I think i've just realised why sites give lower scores, as opposed to higher scores (not in this case, just in general).. most people who check reviews are the people undecided about buying a certain game, and they are usually swaying more towards being taken away from temptation of buying it..
This thread is  a prime example of that happening when people say they read the IGN and Gametrailers reviews only.. obviously their score would 'be about right' because they are scoring based on what they said.. if you read the ones giving it a 9.4, for example, you may find that they are also right to give it a 9.4 based on what they  noticed while playing the game and thought was a more important aspect of the game than its downsides.

Around the Network

This game seems to rock hard and I am going to enjoy it as much as I can.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

"you are just upset because you claimed you'd get it if it averaged higher than 8.4, now that it has you will need to go back on your word and not purchase it.. because you lied, and you knew you were never going to buy it"

If the game turns out good, I'll get it. But with Lost Odyssey, Burnout, Devil May Cry all around the corner, buying this game now would be a waste. All those games make this look like shit.

grandmaster192 said:
"you are just upset because you claimed you'd get it if it averaged higher than 8.4, now that it has you will need to go back on your word and not purchase it.. because you lied, and you knew you were never going to buy it"

If the game turns out good, I'll get it. But with Lost Odyssey, Burnout, Devil May Cry all around the corner, buying this game now would be a waste. All those games make this look like shit.

Like your post make you seem like a shit?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

No, like how your post makes you momma seem like a shit.

grandmaster192 said:
No, like how your post makes you momma seem like a shit.

I stand corrected your posts make you look like the asshole you are moron!!

What did my mother ever do to you?  Have some respect for people you don´t know anything about and don´t communicate with.