By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Remedy Teases Alan Wake 2

Remedy Teases 'Alan Wake' Sequel, Will It Be An 'Xbox 720' Exclusive?

What's going on with Alan Wake? Only Remedy knows, and they're teasing us.

by IAN MILES CHEONG on 2nd Jan, 2013

Alan Wake may be getting a true sequel, hinted at by a Facebook post from its makers. Remedy took to the social network to announce that the Alan Wake franchise, which includes the original game and the American Nightmare expansion, is currently enjoying a75% discount on Steam, adding that "even greater Remedy news" was to come in 2013.

The announcement and the sale of the game come in the, ahem, wake of the registration of a web domain for Alan Wake 2 (alanwake2.com), which suggests that the eponymous character will be making a return in the not-too-distant future. Given that the studio no longer works on the Max Payne franchise, it stands to reason that they're wholly invested in expanding the profitable Alan Wake universe.

The game's lead writer, Sam Lake, tweeted the following:

It's unknown whether the new game will be exclusive to the Xbox 360 (or its successor) as the original Alan Wake was upon its release a few years ago. It remains to be seen whether the upcoming game, whatever it may be, will see release before the next generation of consoles comes out.

Around the Network

I hope microsoft continues porting their exclusives to the pc. Might suck for fanboy wars but it's a good thing for gamers. Now if only they can start porting halo again.

When I first played Alan Wake, I was mildly disappointed as I didn't find it scary. However after all this time has passed, and I beat it as well as the awesome DLC episode I have to say it was one of the better games this gen. It's gameplay is a gazillion times better than something like Resident Evil 6 or recent Silent Hills.

So sure, bring on the sequel.

disolitude said:
When I first played Alan Wake, I was mildly disappointed as I didn't find it scary. However after all this time has passed, and I beat it as well as the awesome DLC episode I have to say it was one of the better games this gen. It's gameplay is a gazillion times better than something like Resident Evil 6 or recent Silent Hills.

So sure, bring on the sequel.

Agreed.  I have actually been debating if I want to buy it on X360 because of the DLC.

Would this still be considered a MS exclusive? I thought they were going multiplatform (I guess just PC then?)

Either way excellent news. I bought Alan Wake 1 on day one and loved it. America Nightmare was saved by Mr. Scratch.

It's just that simple.

Around the Network

Alan wake is great, I recently bought American Nightmare, but I didn't get to play it yet. Need to finish a lot of games first -.-

Still, I read American Nightmare isn't a full sequel, more like a spin off or something. I hope is still as good as the first one :/

EDIT: Btw, I think this sequel will be for Xbox360, since the director said they can finally show what they been up to, meaning they are already working on it. I know is not evidence of being a 360 title, but I see it more likely 

3DS FC :  4339 - 3326 - 7693. Add me :) Nickname Tin

Make it 720/PC for all I care. Sucks that other factions will downplay it for not being exclusive but Its a Xbox asset regardless. Itll be a great game, market it properly and itll get great sales.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

MRKs said:

Alan wake is great, I recently bought American Nightmare, but I didn't get to play it yet. Need to finish a lot of games first -.-

Still, I read American Nightmare isn't a full sequel, more like a spin off or something. I hope is still as good as the first one :/

EDIT: Btw, I think this sequel will be for Xbox360, since the director said they can finally show what they been up to, meaning they are already working on it. I know is not evidence of being a 360 title, but I see it more likely 

the director comment makes it sound more next gen imo.  Since the nextbox will be unveiled this year, they have probably been unable to talk about it until after the unveiling because the game probably uses features exclusive to the nextbox.  

MonstaMack said:
Would this still be considered a MS exclusive? I thought they were going multiplatform (I guess just PC then?)

Either way excellent news. I bought Alan Wake 1 on day one and loved it. America Nightmare was saved by Mr. Scratch.

pretty sure microsoft owns the publishing rights, so yeah, microsoft platforms (xbox, pc) probably the most multiplatform the game is going to get...

Great news if true!

I loved Alan Wake and would love to play more.