By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Just got the Wii U as a gift!

Keep it, you have 6 years of great Wii games to go through as well@

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

1) You just don't return gifts. :| That's rude. :|
2) Keep that masterpiece of a console and enjoy it.

ima keep it she went out of her way to get me the deluxe one.

i usually play sport games and action games

i cant wait to see next years madden with the gamepad controller picking plays

I'd keep it but I guess that depends on your game preferences.

I you look at my comparison thread... PS4/neXtBox are not going to blow WiiU out of the water. They will be marginally more powerful and as such, WiiU should not get ignored by 3rd parties.

So with WiiU you have more ways to play (controller choices), gamepad only play (fucking awesome), and quite a few exclusive titles that will be great.

Sport games over the next year or two should really capitalize on the gamepad (especially dual gamepad) support as well.

Galaki said:
Even PS4 and Xbox3 will have poor graphics. I only play real life.

So you only play augmented reality games? Ouch, they (mostly) suck.

Around the Network

You won't see dramatic graphic improvements between the Wii U and the next Sony/MS systems. 1080p is all your TV can produce, it won't be much of a leap at all. The improvements will be small and subtle, like some better shading techniques/a little higher poly count in models.

People expecting a big graphical change from PS3 to PS4 or 360 to 720 are going to be very disappointed.

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com 

Tiko7523 said:

So my wife just bought me a Wii U for christmas/new years and i got it today because well i am a gamer and have a ps3 and xbox360 i didnt have a wii cuz the motion control stuff wasnt to my liking.

i was looking at some games like wonderful 101 looks really cool and others as well.

my main concern is with the PS4/NEXTBOX coming in the future with the rumors of the graphics card for the systems being out is it going to blow the Wii U out of the water? or is it going to be somewhat comparable? 

i guess i am asking this is because i am wondering if i should keep or return the Wii U.......

help 

Shame on you. Its from your wife. Let it collect dust if you have to. Your bound to get a few games that youll want to play.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

This is perhaps the saddest OP I have ever read.

Sell a gift from your wife? Probably not exactly the best idea^^

Tiko7523 said:
ima keep it she went out of her way to get me the deluxe one.

i usually play sport games and action games

i cant wait to see next years madden with the gamepad controller picking plays

You should definitely try FIFA 13 and Madden then, the people I talked to were pleasently surprised about the touchscreen integration. I don't like sports games so I can't really comment on that. For Action games, the Wii U has the best version of Ninja Gaiden 3 right now and The Wonderful 101 / Bayonetta 2 coming, so there will definitely be stuff for you to pick up. You also need to hook up the Wii U right now, download the Rayman Legends Demo, play it together with your wife and give us feedback on how it went.

Edit: there is also a FIFA 13 demo on the shop.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.