By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Ps3 will FINALLY pass the xbox360 at some point,so what,s the big deal?it,s only 2013

ninjablade said:
cookingyourmama said:
ninjablade said:
cookingyourmama said:
ninjablade said:
cookingyourmama said:
ninjablade said:
cookingyourmama said:
sales2099 said:
cookingyourmama said:
sales2099 said:
cookingyourmama said:
sales2099 said:
cookingyourmama said:
sales2099 said:
dsgrue3 said:

I think the difference here is that MS fans are comparing Sony's success of PS2 generation to PS3 generation. Indeed when they are compared, Sony has lost quite a bit.

However, if we only compare based upon PS3 generation, moving into 2nd place is definitely a noteworthy figure.

Your analogies about the race being over are completely absurd and devoid of any logic. This is basically the Wii gasping for breath during an endurance race with no finish line, and the PS3 gaining on 360 with each step while both move swiftly toward the Wii.

Your banned but ill respond to this anyway.

Its not exactly the race being over....its the people not caring that the race is continuing in one years time.

And as proven by the amount of replies and also people posting in this thread, people still care about how many are sold and who finishes above who so your point is moot.

Well I guarantee this bears 0 significance to Nintendo fans, PS3 fans seem to REALLY care, and 360 fans are merely trying to downplay it (and rightfully so IMO).

You do realize that internet commentators are but a vocal minority in the generall mass of Wii/PS3/360. If anything it only proves the vocal minority PS3 fanatics care.

Nope not at all, the reality is a vocal minority of 360 fans are desperately trying to play down the PS3 overtaking the 360 because they can't take the fact their console of choice is going to end up finishing last and on top of that they were so sure for many years that the 360 was going to end up 'beating' the ps3 which makes the ps3 finishing above the 360 even worse.

Your the ones desperately trying to make any significant victory out of this. When the 3 consoles were the most current, 360 won. PS3 will take 2nd after Wii, 360, and PS3 are yesterdays news.Nevermind Xbox gen over gen and Playstation gen over gen.

I assure you there is no desperation on my side. Quite the contrary.

I'm not 'making' anything at all, it's already a significant victory and fact by itself.

What you are saying isn't a fact at all, it's just your opinion and pathetic spin. And what makes it even more funny is when all 3 consoles were actually out the PS3 outsold the Xbox360 in 5 out of 7 of those years, which is soon to become 6 out of 8 years in 2013.

Instead of letting an old thread die you chose to reply to my several days old post even tho you've already been proven wrong, yep that's pretty desperate.

360 2nd place for 7 years (superceeds your outselling 360 for x amount of years). Gen over gen improvement in all regards. More software sales and less money lost this gen.

Your making a victory when in no way can PS3 match its predessor, nor will it pass when the 3 consoles are most current. Im the one using facts here.

Whatever console outsells the other console overall NO MATTER WHAT superceeds everything else. When the PS3's total sales go above the 360's wether you like it or not it becomes a fact that the PS3 beat the 360. Everything else is just your flawed and biased opinions. And for every 'opinion' you can come up with i and others can post just as many opinions which say otherwise.

yea its superceeds in fanboy braggings rights, in the overall scheme of things its doesnt matter, because in the end of the day  its about making money and getting third party support, and 360 is way ahead in making money then ps3 and has gotten every exclusive ps franshise, i'm sure sony/microsoft care about profit, they could sell 200 million units and if there not making profit what's the point.

No it superceeds it in actual reality not just some cherry picking stat. By the way, nice alt account you've got yourself there sales2099.

the fact is 360 was profitable and the ps3 never will be

fact is 360 has every single exlcusive ps franchise from last gen

fact is 360 sold 4x the amount the first xbox did and has established a huge brand with gamers.

so sony selling 2 million units more then 360 by 2014 doesn't matter. it could matter to you but will not matter to sony, sony went from having a monopoly in the gaming market and having every single exlcusive franshise to now sharing with microsoft, how can they be the winners.

The PS3 will have won because it will have sold more, it's not a debate, that fact alone superceeds everything else.

But hey to play your silly game sales2099.

The PS3 will have won not only because it will have sold the most, it will have won because it sold more than the 360 and in a shorter space of time.

It will have won whilst being significantly more expensive than the 360 proving the Playstation brand is more popular than the Xbox brand.

It will have won because it will have sold more software per average year on sale.

It will have won because it's going to end up with more million sellers.

And it will also have won because despite being on the market for a year to a year and a half later the PS3 has had more top rated exclusives released for it than the 360 and unlike Microsoft Sony continue to launch more new top rated ip's.

of course playstation brand is bigger xbox,  but the fact is 360 was way more profitable then ps3 and that's how both microsoft and sony determin the winner, its all about profit, and 360 was the one that gained marketshare not playstation, i want to understand how microsoft lost, you tell what did sony gain this gen, except losses. i think sony is in position to win nextgen by 10-15 million units but this gen they dropped the ball and gave microsoft 50% of the pie, i will not count the wii cause imo that sold to a whole different audience.

This is a website about unit sales not dollar sales, if you want to talk about $ sales you're in the wrong place. Just becuase the PS2 ended up winning by obliterating the competition last gen doesn't change the fact that this gen they're still going to beat the 360, a win is a win no matter how much you want to try and spin it.

I'm not trying to spin anything, this thread was asking does it matter and in reality it doesnt,  the fact they still haven't beat the 360 yet and by the time they do the gen will be over, and it doesnt change the fact 360 was profitable unlike ps3, made siginficant market gains in everyway you can think of, in reality the real winner this gen was 360.

Yes all you are doing is spinning sales2099. The PS3 selling more than the 360 means it beat it and won, anything else is just fanboyish spin wether you like it or not.

And sales2099 if you post once more using an alt. account i will report you to the mods and you will be banned.

Around the Network
cookingyourmama said:
ninjablade said:
cookingyourmama said:
ninjablade said:
cookingyourmama said:
ninjablade said:
cookingyourmama said:
ninjablade said:
cookingyourmama said:
sales2099 said:
cookingyourmama said:
sales2099 said:
cookingyourmama said:
sales2099 said:
cookingyourmama said:
sales2099 said:
dsgrue3 said:

I think the difference here is that MS fans are comparing Sony's success of PS2 generation to PS3 generation. Indeed when they are compared, Sony has lost quite a bit.

However, if we only compare based upon PS3 generation, moving into 2nd place is definitely a noteworthy figure.

Your analogies about the race being over are completely absurd and devoid of any logic. This is basically the Wii gasping for breath during an endurance race with no finish line, and the PS3 gaining on 360 with each step while both move swiftly toward the Wii.

Its not exactly the race being over....its the people not caring that the race is continuing in one years time.

And as proven by the amount of replies and also people posting in this thread, people still care about how many are sold and who finishes above who so your point is moot.

Well I guarantee this bears 0 significance to Nintendo fans, PS3 fans seem to REALLY care, and 360 fans are merely trying to downplay it (and rightfully so IMO).

You do realize that internet commentators are but a vocal minority in the generall mass of Wii/PS3/360. If anything it only proves the vocal minority PS3 fanatics care.

Nope not at all, the reality is a vocal minority of 360 fans are desperately trying to play down the PS3 overtaking the 360 because they can't take the fact their console of choice is going to end up finishing last and on top of that they were so sure for many years that the 360 was going to end up 'beating' the ps3 which makes the ps3 finishing above the 360 even worse.

Your the ones desperately trying to make any significant victory out of this. When the 3 consoles were the most current, 360 won. PS3 will take 2nd after Wii, 360, and PS3 are yesterdays news.Nevermind Xbox gen over gen and Playstation gen over gen.

I'm not 'making' anything at all, it's already a significant victory and fact by itself.

What you are saying isn't a fact at all, it's just your opinion and pathetic spin. And what makes it even more funny is when all 3 consoles were actually out the PS3 outsold the Xbox360 in 5 out of 7 of those years, which is soon to become 6 out of 8 years in 2013.

Instead of letting an old thread die you chose to reply to my several days old post even tho you've already been proven wrong, yep that's pretty desperate.

360 2nd place for 7 years (superceeds your outselling 360 for x amount of years). Gen over gen improvement in all regards. More software sales and less money lost this gen.

Your making a victory when in no way can PS3 match its predessor, nor will it pass when the 3 consoles are most current. Im the one using facts here.

Whatever console outsells the other console overall NO MATTER WHAT superceeds everything else. When the PS3's total sales go above the 360's wether you like it or not it becomes a fact that the PS3 beat the 360. Everything else is just your flawed and biased opinions. And for every 'opinion' you can come up with i and others can post just as many opinions which say otherwise.

yea its superceeds in fanboy braggings rights, in the overall scheme of things its doesnt matter, because in the end of the day  its about making money and getting third party support, and 360 is way ahead in making money then ps3 and has gotten every exclusive ps franshise, i'm sure sony/microsoft care about profit, they could sell 200 million units and if there not making profit what's the point.

No it superceeds it in actual reality not just some cherry picking stat. By the way, nice alt account you've got yourself there sales2099.

fact is 360 sold 4x the amount the first xbox did and has established a huge brand with gamers.

so sony selling 2 million units more then 360 by 2014 doesn't matter. it could matter to you but will not matter to sony, sony went from having a monopoly in the gaming market and having every single exlcusive franshise to now sharing with microsoft, how can they be the winners.

The PS3 will have won because it will have sold more, it's not a debate, that fact alone superceeds everything else.

The PS3 will have won not only because it will have sold the most, it will have won because it sold more than the 360 and in a shorter space of time.

It will have won whilst being significantly more expensive than the 360 proving the Playstation brand is more popular than the Xbox brand.

It will have won because it will have sold more software per average year on sale.

And it will also have won because despite being on the market for a year to a year and a half later the PS3 has had more top rated exclusives released for it than the 360 and unlike Microsoft Sony continue to launch more new top rated ip's.

of course playstation brand is bigger xbox,  but the fact is 360 was way more profitable then ps3 and that's how both microsoft and sony determin the winner, its all about profit, and 360 was the one that gained marketshare not playstation, i want to understand how microsoft lost, you tell what did sony gain this gen, except losses. i think sony is in position to win nextgen by 10-15 million units but this gen they dropped the ball and gave microsoft 50% of the pie, i will not count the wii cause imo that sold to a whole different audience.

This is a website about unit sales not dollar sales, if you want to talk about $ sales you're in the wrong place. Just becuase the PS2 ended up winning by obliterating the competition last gen doesn't change the fact that this gen they're still going to beat the 360, a win is a win no matter how much you want to try and spin it.

I'm not trying to spin anything, this thread was asking does it matter and in reality it doesnt,  the fact they still haven't beat the 360 yet and by the time they do the gen will be over, and it doesnt change the fact 360 was profitable unlike ps3, made siginficant market gains in everyway you can think of, in reality the real winner this gen was 360.

Yes all you are doing is spinning sales2099. The PS3 selling more than the 360 means it beat it and won, anything else is just fanboyish spin wether you like it or not.

And sales2099 if you post once more using an alt. account i will report you to the mods and you will be banned.

FIRST of all i'm not sales2009 go ahead and report me, second of all this thread was asking does it matter and it does'nt, maybe to fanboys like you, i really don't care, i was just posting my thoughts about why doesnt matter, all you been able to come up with is it beats and wins i have explained to you why doesn't, its about market share, profit and third party support, i'm sorry if i hurt your feelings. :p, sony we losts billions on ps3 but we out sold the 360 by 1 million, we are the winners, again this op is asking doies it matter, by the time sony out sells 360 nextgen will be in full circle and we will be watching those sales, lets just put it this way if sony has a repeat of the ps3 they will be out of business.

ninjablade said:
cookingyourmama said:
ninjablade said:
cookingyourmama said:
ninjablade said:
cookingyourmama said:
ninjablade said:
cookingyourmama said:
ninjablade said:
cookingyourmama said:
sales2099 said:
cookingyourmama said:
sales2099 said:
cookingyourmama said:
sales2099 said:
cookingyourmama said:
sales2099 said:
dsgrue3 said:

FIRST of i'm not sales2009 go ahead and report me, second of all this thread was asking does it matter and it does'nt, maybe to fanboys like you, i really don't care, i was just posting my thoughts about why doesnt matter, all you been able to come up with is it beats and wins i have explained to you why doesn't, its about market share, profit and third party support, i'm sorry if i hurt your feelings. :p, sony we losts billions on ps3 but we out sold the 360 by 1 million, we are the winners.

Nope all you've done is ingnore the fact that the PS3 is going to outsell the 360 and everything else is just your biased opinion. On top of that for every 'opinion' you've given why in your deluded world the 360 has won i have in fact given just a valid reason outside of total hardware sales why the PS3 has won. Such as selling more over a shorter period of time, selling more whilst being significantly more expensive, being the more popular brand, more software sold per average year, the PS3 is going to end up with more million sellers, it has more top rated exclusives released for it, has more top rated brand new ip's inroduced and Sony are supporting the PS3 for longer with games than Microsoft are doing so for the 360. Sorry you can't take the truth, but everything you've said is just your opinion not a fact.

@cooking your mama

so your saying everything i'm saying is a based on baised opinion when infact they are all facts, lol i have admited that the ps3 will most likely out sell the 360 in the end but the fact is the 360 is coming off xbox1 a system that only sold 24 million units, while the ps3 is coming off a system that sold 160 million units, its like comparing nike to reebok, of course sony has a much bigger name brand, the fact is ps3 was not a profitable venture for sony, while 360 was, the fact is xbox brand gained market share while playstaion lost, and the fact is it doesnt matter if ps3 out sells the 360 by the end of this gen cause it won't change anything except giving bragging rights.

ninjablade said:
LivingMetal said:
ninjablade said:
if i sold 1000 bananas and i made 200$ profit, while you sold 1010 bananas at a loss, who is the winner.

I am the winner.  Sony continues to provide gaming awesomeness regardless of their financial status, and their PS3 platform allows others to do the same.  And I just preordered Ni No Kuni.  See.

I respect sony, they make the best exclusives games of the big three but to say they won cause its gonna out sell 360 by 2 million is laughable, when there bleeding money, lost all third party exclusives, lost 40% market share to microsoft, the xbox 1 sold 24 million, the ps2 sold 160 million, it obvouse to me towho won this gen out of the 2.

Comparing marketshares between two gens is and always will be a piss poor excuse.  The PS3 is not the PS2 and the Xbox 360 is not the Xbox.  Two different markets here.  It's that simple.  If you want to compare two different gens with your tactics, someone could make the claim that SONY is still beating Microsoft because the PS3's marketshare now is greater than the Xbox's marketshare of last gen.  Or one could make the claim that Microsoft has yet to beat Sony with the Xbox 360 since it has yet to surpase the PS2's marketshare.  It's all rediculous just as your 
rediculous claim between two gens.  And so what if the PS3's marketshare is less than the PS2's?  This current market, the PS3 is gaining on the Xbox 360, and it's doing some great things for the console consumer base.  And that's what really counts  The PS3 is doing this as the 3rd place cconsole while gain up on the second place console. Deal with it.  Then again, you wouldn't have to if you were a gamer.

Around the Network

well if it happens of course it will matter,the threads and discussions will prove that it matters if the time comes,it matters that it hasn't passed the 360 so it will matter if it does

Above & Beyond

ninjablade said:
@cooking your mama

so your saying everything i'm saying is a based on baised opinion when infact they are all facts, lol i have admited that the ps3 will most likely out sell the 360 in the end but the fact is the 360 is coming off xbox1 a system that only sold 24 million units, while the ps3 is coming off a system that sold 160 million units, its like comparing nike to reebok, of course sony has a much bigger name brand, the fact is ps3 was not a profitable venture for sony, while 360 was, the fact is xbox brand gained market share while playstaion lost, and the fact is it doesnt matter if ps3 out sells the 360 by the end of this gen cause it won't change anything except giving bragging rights.

No what you fail to realise is that whilst some of those things are true, just like the big list of reasons i gave why the PS3 beat the 360 are also true, NONE OF THOSE THINGS MAKE IT A FACT that the 360 beat the PS3, IT IS JUST YOUR OPINION that those things you've listed matter more than who actually sells the most when in reality it doesn't.

cookingyourmama said:
ninjablade said:
@cooking your mama

No what you fail to realise is that whilst some of those things are true, just like the big list of reasons i gave why the PS3 beat the 360 are also true, NONE OF THOSE THINGS MAKE IT A FACT that the 360 beat the PS3, IT IS JUST YOUR OPINION that those things you've listed matter more than who actually sells the most when in reality it doesn't.

you should look up the word fact, the fACT IS 360 WAS PROFITABLE FOR MICROSOFT, and is still beating ps3 in sales after 7 years, the fact is ps3 is a big loser for sony, they will never trun profit on the ps3, thats why i was saying it doesnt matter to them.

LivingMetal said:
ninjablade said:
LivingMetal said:
ninjablade said:
if i sold 1000 bananas and i made 200$ profit, while you sold 1010 bananas at a loss, who is the winner.

I am the winner.  Sony continues to provide gaming awesomeness regardless of their financial status, and their PS3 platform allows others to do the same.  And I just preordered Ni No Kuni.  See.

I respect sony, they make the best exclusives games of the big three but to say they won cause its gonna out sell 360 by 2 million is laughable, when there bleeding money, lost all third party exclusives, lost 40% market share to microsoft, the xbox 1 sold 24 million, the ps2 sold 160 million, it obvouse to me towho won this gen out of the 2.

Comparing marketshares between two gens is and always will be a piss poor excuse.  The PS3 is not the PS2 and the Xbox 360 is not the Xbox.  Two different markets here.  It's that simple.  If you want to compare two different gens with your tactics, someone could make the claim that SONY is still beating Microsoft because the PS3's marketshare now is greater than the Xbox's marketshare of last gen.  Or one could make the claim that Microsoft has yet to beat Sony with the Xbox 360 since it has yet to surpase the PS2's marketshare.  It's all rediculous just as your 
rediculous claim between two gens.  And so what if the PS3's marketshare is less than the PS2's?  This current market, the PS3 is gaining on the Xbox 360, and it's doing some great things for the console consumer base.  And that's what really counts  The PS3 is doing this as the 3rd place cconsole while gain up on the second place console. Deal with it.  Then again, you wouldn't have to if you were a gamer.

naw what really counts for sony is making profit, deal with it.

ninjablade said:
cookingyourmama said:
ninjablade said:
@cooking your mama

you should look up the word fact, the fACT IS 360 WAS PROFITABLE FOR MICROSOFT, and is still beating ps3 in sales after 7 years, the fact is ps3 is a big loser for sony, they will never trun profit on the ps3, thats why i was saying it doesnt matter to them.

Oh dear, i already know what the word fact means, however sadly you don't know the difference between your opinion and what is fact. It is a fact that Microsoft have made more money on the 360 than Sony have on the PS3, it is only your opinion that means they 'won' when on a sales website that tracks unit sales and most normal sane people compare hardware and software sales by units sold not money made.