By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Don’t count on late Wii U ports from Capcom

Godchild1020 said:
I think Capcom will be the biggest supporter of the Wii U.

They'd have to work hard to get ahead of Ubisoft. A battle between Capcom and Ubisoft for biggest third-party on the Wii U would be great to see.

Around the Network

If this means more games for Nintendo consoles like Resident Evil Revelations than I am all for this. Picked it up on friday and am really enjoying it, my favorite RE since 4 bar none.

Who is John Galt?

3DS Friend Code : 2535-4338-9000 

AMD FX 8150 , 8 GB DDR3 Kingston Memory,  EVGA GTX 560 TI 2 GB superclocked, Samsung 256 GB SSD

Publishers are really treating the Wii U as if it's not significant...

...unless it's Monster Hunter.

I'd rather have them work on new material instead of ports so I'm ok with this.

Ubisoft supports the crap out of all consoles with good and bad games

Around the Network

Bullshit. They ported a freaking Wii game to Wii U.....
I'm betting they port Resident Evil 6 as well....

I'm not counting on much from Capcom anymore so we'll see how this plays out...

Good. I don't approve of that new dmc. Hopefully okami 2 fits the bill better.

One more thing to complete my year = senran kagura localization =D

Isn't the new DmC getting good reviews? It sounds like a better game than Ninja Gaiden 3.

I'd like to have Street Fighter III HD, SSFII HD Edition, etc. on the eShop too.

Wyrdness said:

DMC is out in just over a week for other platforms so that would make it a late port because a U version would be coming after the initial release same with RE6.

If that is the criteria, Capcom will not support the Wii U at all this year, everything they already announced is too advanced in development that they will not spend resources making a Wii U version. Maybe they will have something for holiday 2013 and is a big maybe. Late ports could help them fill the gaps, but it should not be a very late port, I think anything released 6 months apart should be fair game. Like DMC in july with all DLC included.